Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread - Education (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread (321513 Views)

Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 11:50pm On Feb 20, 2018
Abdulmujeeb52:
1 : d
2 : d
The correct answer for no 1 is A gubernatorial election not local government election
Answer for no 2 is C the prime minister not the whole cabinet
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by SamanN: 8:24am On Feb 21, 2018
dolapo74:
the energy in one lift is mgh=60*10*2=1200J
To use up 8*10"6J of energy then he has to lift it 8*10'6/1200=6.7 *10'8 times
the answer is B

Quick glance at this, i don't think you got it right at the latter stage.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by dolapo74: 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
dolapo74:
How many 20microfarad,200V working capacitors would be required to store the same energy as fully charged 2V,60Ah accumulator
Abeg help with this
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
Samsonyte:

The correct answer for no 1 is A gubernatorial election not local government election
Answer for no 2 is C the prime minister not the whole cabinet
I'll urge you to be very very conscious when choosing an answer.
That aside, INEC is the body that conducts guber/election while state electoral commission does it for local govt and councillor .

By the virtue of the collective responsibility of the parliamentary system makes a minister flaw binds against one another ,thus vote of no confidence affects and consequently makes the whole cabinet first resigns .
However ,this is contrary to presidential system whereby individual minister is responsible to the president .
Moreover , impeachment somewhat similar to vote of no confidence affect s only the president not his ministers

N:B if perhaps you're using only one textbook for govt - you can however switch to internet in the course of your reading or join some online tutorials to buttress your unclear points.

Govt as a social science subject LOOKS simple but very tactical expecially its options.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
Abdulmujeeb52:
That aside, INEC is the body that conducts guber/election while state electoral commission does it for local govt and councillor .

By the virtue of the collective responsibility of the parliamentary system makes a minister flaw binds against one another ,thus vote of no confidence affects and consequently makes the whole cabinet first resigns .
However ,this is contrary to presidential system whereby individual minister is responsible to the president .
Moreover , impeachment somewhat similar to vote of no confidence affect s only the president not his ministers

N:B if perhaps you're using only one textbook for govt - you can however switch to internet in the course of your reading or join some online tutorials to buttress your unclear points.

Govt as a social science subject LOOKS simple but very tactical expecially its options.
However, its not very common
because in order to be Prime
Minister in parliamentary systems,
you must have the majority of the
lower house of your party (or
coalition) so they would vote for
Confidence. This would be used
only if the Prime Minister goes
crazy or makes really stupid stuff.
This is something like
Impeachment in US Congressional
System. And even in that case, the
party may decide to make it
internally and elect another leader,
like it just happened in Australia
when the Liberal Party sacked Tony
Abott. Remember in parliamentary
systems the PM isn't elected by the
people but by parliament majority
so they can remove him at any
time.
so it is the PM only not the whole cabinet
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 7:33am On Feb 22, 2018
JAMB ENGLISH.

Fill in the blank space with the correct option.

Do you think all............not enough to help the investigations?
(A) these informations are
(B) this informations is
(C) this information is
(D) these information are

See me see englishoooooo........when I thought I have known it all......LOL....
Abeg grammarians here help out...

SHOW FULL WORKINGS..........don't say I made a mistake......this one pass maths grin

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 7:56am On Feb 22, 2018
JAMB ENGLISH.

Gone are the days when he .......... enjoy patronage.
(A) would
(B) will
(C) used to
(D) could

Explanations will be highly appreciated
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 8:03am On Feb 22, 2018
JAMB ENGLISH.

The lecturer said that we ......... be able to finish the next chapter this evening
(A) must
(B) can
(C) shall
(D) should

Please explain your answer!
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by olatunyemi(m): 11:20am On Feb 22, 2018
what are the requirements for admission to study medicine with DE using physiology as the first degree
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
Abdulmujeeb52:

I beg to disagree.
In order to answer the first question you need to know what gubernatorial election means:
we have different kind of elections. 1. presidential, senatorial, gubernatorial, local govt election etc.

presidential election sees to the the election of a president

senatorial election is done to elect senators

gubernatorial election is done to elect State governors

the INEC (federal) oversees the all elections that has to do with federal i.e presidential senatorial and federal constituency elections.

while (state) INEC oversees the all election that is within the state. gubernatorial/governorship election and local government election.

Now to the question.
the questions lay emphasis on most important duty of state INEC.

although State Inec conducts both guber and local govt elections, but dont forget local govt election in Nigeria is a governor's prerogative
it may or may not be conducted depending on the governor's decision. But guber election must be conducted so this makes it the most important duty of the state INEC.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by boyejo123(m): 5:59pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB ENGLISH.

(B) this informations is
(C) this information is

SHOW FULL WORKINGS..........don't say I made a mistake......this one pass maths grin
D,
i cant even explain
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by boyejo123(m): 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB ENGLISH.
Gone are the days when he .......... enjoy patronage. (A) would (B) will (C) used to (D) could

C
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by boyejo123(m): 6:01pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB ENGLISH.

The lecturer said that we ......... be able to finish the next chapter this evening
(A) must
(B) can
(C) shall
(D) should

D
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB ENGLISH.

(B) this informations is
(C) this information is

D is the correct option
(ALL) is used which indicates that what we are talking about is more than one and this implies that our answer should be in plural form
(this) is singular while the plural is (these) so we go with THESE. (Information) like advice, water, money is a non count noun so it remain the same both in singular and plural form (Information dont take (s) in it plural form) so we go we INFORMATION again. (is) is singular while (are) is the plural
so we go with ARE
Answer
these information are
Do you think all these information are not enough to help the investigations? (correct)

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 6:32pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB ENGLISH.

(A) must
(B) can
(C) shall
(D) should

the correct option is D (should)
CAN and MUST can't go with be able. so we should strike out the two option
Now we have shall and should
shall and should means same thing but present and past tense respectively
if we take a cursory look at the question we will see that the verb in the first clause is a past tense verb. therefore the verb in the second clause must be in past tense as well

The lecturer said that we should be able to finish the next chapter this evening (correct)
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB ENGLISH.

Gone are the days when he .......... enjoy patronage.
(A) would
(B) will
(C) used to
(D) could

A. is the correct option
will is used to express habitual action. eg. the boy will come here and cry and cry every day.
but the question is in past form so (will) will have to change to (would) past form

Gone are the days when he would enjoy patronage (correct)
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by sammycranebaba(m): 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2018
Pls if you are here(stallites) and you deffered your admission in ui in the previous years or u know someone who did it,pls kindly answer these questions and save a bro. 1}how did ui tell u to come for clearance...were you called or texted or was it sent to you on e-mail? 2]what were you told to bring? 3]how did the clearance go? As in what were u told to do? 4}when did u do your clearance?was it after or before the newly admitted students? 5}after the clearance,what were you told to do? . . Thanks in anticipation
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by sammycranebaba(m): 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2018
Pls if you are here(stallites) and you deffered your admission in ui in the previous years or u know someone who did it,pls kindly answer these questions and save a bro. 1}how did ui tell u to come for clearance...were you called or texted or was it sent to you on e-mail? 2]what were you told to bring? 3]how did the clearance go? As in what were u told to do? 4}when did u do your clearance?was it after or before the newly admitted students? 5}after the clearance,what were you told to do? . . Thanks in anticipation
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 8:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
JAMB ENGLISH.

He decided to wait for the bus because he had.........
(A) too many luggage
(B) many luggages
(C) a lot of luggage
(D) plenty luggages

Please english gurus here help out with this.......@ 'afoobabs' et al.......Jamb don land for person front door.........I don successfully REPRINT MY MOCK EXAM SLIP sef...

Explanations are needed as well.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by IamGoke(m): 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB ENGLISH.

(A) too many luggage
(B) many luggages
(C) a lot of luggage
(D) plenty luggages

Please english gurus here help out with this.......@ 'afoobabs' et al.......Jamb don land for person front door.........I don successfully REPRINT MY MOCK EXAM SLIP sef...

C is correct. Luggage is an uncountable noun which cannot be pluralised with the addition of 's' at the back.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by IamGoke(m): 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB ENGLISH.

(B) this informations is
(C) this information is

The answer is C.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by afoobabs(m): 10:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB ENGLISH.

(A) too many luggage
(B) many luggages
(C) a lot of luggage
(D) plenty luggages

as iamgoke has rightly said luggage is luggage both in singular and plural form dont ever add (s) to any uncountable noun
with this we are left with 2 options A and C.
option A is not correct because determinant (many) can only be use for countable/count noun e.g (1)he has many cars. (2) we have too many women on this forum
Determinant a lot can be use with uncountable noun eg. a lot of luggage, a lot of money, a lot of water.
Therefore, option C is correct. A lot of luggage

when are you slated to write the mock
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 11:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
afoobabs:

as iamgoke has rightly said luggage is luggage both in singular and plural form dont ever add (s) to any uncountable noun
with this we are left with 2 options A and C.
option A is not correct because determinant (many) can only be use for countable/count noun e.g (1)he has many cars. (2) we have too many women on this forum
Determinant a lot can be use with uncountable noun eg. a lot of luggage, a lot of money, a lot of water.
Therefore, option C is correct. A lot of luggage

when are you slated to write the mock

Thanks a lot sir. My mock exam is comming up on 26th of this month.Please I need more of your help to prepare for the MAIN jamb.English can be very confusing at times.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 11:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
JAMB ENGLISH.

Three quarters of the people in the village.......... killed but only half of their huts.............affected.
(A) were/were
(B) was/was
(C) were/was
(D) was/were

Explanations are needed as well
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 11:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
JAMB ENGLISH.

Choose the correct option.

The government which.........recruiting..........workers suddenly stopped doing so.
(A) are/its
(B) was/its
(C) is/their
(D) were/their.

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by IamGoke(m): 11:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB ENGLISH.

Choose the correct option.

The government which.........recruiting..........workers suddenly stopped doing so.
(A) are/its
(B) was/its
(C) is/their
(D) were/their.

Here, the government serves as a singular entity which will attracts past tense singular verb 'was'. Since the workers are working for the government, anything possessive to it would be regarded as 'its'.
Just trying though!

Option B is correct.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by IamGoke(m): 11:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB ENGLISH.

Three quarters of the people in the village.......... killed but only half of their huts.............affected.
(A) were/were
(B) was/was
(C) were/was
(D) was/were

Explanations are needed as well

Option D is correct
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by IamGoke(m): 11:39pm On Feb 22, 2018
DrBESTJC:

Thanks a lot sir. My mock exam is comming up on 26th of this month.Please I need more of your help to prepare for the MAIN jamb.English can be very confusing at times.

Did you register for the Mock exam?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 12:25am On Feb 23, 2018
IamGoke:

Did you register for the Mock exam?
Yes...
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 12:29am On Feb 23, 2018
afoobabs:

I beg to disagree.
In order to answer the first question you need to know what gubernatorial election means:
we have different kind of elections. 1. presidential, senatorial, gubernatorial, local govt election etc.

presidential election sees to the the election of a president

senatorial election is done to elect senators

gubernatorial election is done to elect State governors

the INEC (federal) oversees the all elections that has to do with federal i.e presidential senatorial and federal constituency elections.

while (state) INEC oversees the all election that is within the state. gubernatorial/governorship election and local government election.

Now to the question.
the questions lay emphasis on most important duty of state INEC.

although State Inec conducts both guber and local govt elections, but dont forget local govt election in Nigeria is a governor's prerogative
it may or may not be conducted depending on the governor's decision. But guber election must be conducted so this makes it the most important duty of the state INEC.

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 1:33am On Feb 23, 2018
IamGoke:

Here, the government serves as a singular entity which will attracts past tense singular verb 'was'. Since the workers are working for the government, anything possessive to it would be regarded as 'its'.
Just trying though!

Option B is correct.

Option D is the correct answer.
Anytime you see which, who whose, that in the question, noun or pronoun that comes before it and that noun or pronoun must become the subject. In the example above, which refers to 'The government' which is now our subject and it attracts were not was because the subject is not a singular noun but plural noun, because they are Block Plural groups, they do not carry s at the back. example The poor, The handicapped. so The Main Subject in the first clause 'The Government will determine the verb singular or plural, and as u already know dat The government is a plural noun, the answer will be their not its.
Another example
One of the girls who ____ impregnated ____ died
a. was / have
b. were / have
c. was / has
d. were / has

Option C
The first clause, singular or plural before who is 'girls' so girls is a plural noun which attract were past tense of was 'impregnated'.
The main subject 'One of' indicate singular noun, will determine the verb in the second clause singular or plural.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (191) (Reply)

Thread For PHD Students / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.