Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,205 members, 7,846,000 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? (623 Views)

Presidency: APC Confident Of Victory – Tinubu / I'm So Confident PDP Will Kick APC Out Of Power In 2019 -gov Udom / Agents Confident Of A Saraki Win As Collation Commences At The Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2017
Why are the people of Nigeria so confident of a prosperous future when so much remains to be righted? - Felix

We know that Nigeria and Nigerians have umpteen qualities, qualities one may be profoundly proud of. For instance the most generous generosity I ever encountered. The most empathic empathy. To name just a few. These qualities confer esteem, which regrettably is overwhelmingly depressed by countless faults that have befallen the country and which have the place of descriptors for the country in general: Lack of electricity, lack of education, lack of honesty, lack of governmental care, lack of equitable share in resources, lack of economic progress commensurate with the country’ capabilities and resources…. the list goes on and on and on. Things one shouldn’t be proud of or accept. Hence our struggle and striving, inclusion the striving to rebuild self-esteem.

Kindly share your thoughts as well. Thanks.

https://www.positivenaija.com/forum/#comment-3612
Re: Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? by magoo10(m): 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
Self deceiving future backed by arrogant and irresponsible leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2017
or maybe hope is all dey have undecided

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
Jesse01:
or maybe hope is all dey have undecided

I also believe so.

Here are my points:

1. Natural optimism: It is difficult to explain this but Nigerians are very optimistic about the prosperity of the country. Nigerians really just love being Nigerians. Majority of Nigerians cannot imagine a non-existent Nigeria.

2. High level of tolerance: This point might seem not to be the case, but it is true. The political sphere rather makes this appear unreal.

3. Game-changers: This point refers to those Nigerians who are resolute in their industry to make a difference in seeing the prosperity of the country come into full manifestation. They believe in their work, skill and experience to have the Nigeria of our collective dreams by doing as much as possible what is right all the time.

4. Religion: Nigerians are very religious people and sometimes to a fault, with little or no effort into doing the required work and the right things where such is needed. So there is an overwhelming ‘faith’ in God saving the country of its mess and redeeming its destiny. It is a tough faith I must say.

5. History/Culture: Nigerians take a lot of pride in their history (sometimes, mostly tied to their ethnicity). It gives a string sense of who they are and what they can become.

6. Short-shortsightedness: This reason can be seen in how much instant gratification we celebrate or short-term successes and thus, a belief that we can always reproduce this even amidst challenges.

7. Ignorance: Really, most Nigerians cannot really tell why they still believe in the prosperity of the country. For this group, they genuinely do not have the insight of how societies evolve and advance neither do they fully comprehend the consequence of their actions to the society at large. These group look at such prosperity from the view point of just their immediate family or clan and are very confident of well they are advancing (even though otherwise but this is largely influenced also by culture). Therefore, ‘prosperity’ assumes different interpretations.

8. Fear/timidity: This is a point not to be overlooked and indeed real. Some Nigerians (if not most), are really having a confidence not born out of joy but rather fear. The spread of helplessness, breakdown of unreliable societal institutions/systems, etc. contribute to this whereby the only choice they have is just to be ‘hopeful’.

However, while I feel and share this confidence, I also perceive a huge and growing distrust at the moment to the collective prosperity of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? by omololu2020(m): 12:08am On Nov 19, 2017
By 2050 nothing would have change in this useless country,I was in Kowloon last month, the sort of development there will almost make you cry for Nigeria and Nigerians.
I'm telling you that in the next 50 years,Nigeria will still be underdevelope,the solution now is either a sovereign national conference or total dissolution of this backward country.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? by aolawale025: 12:24am On Nov 19, 2017
People have Hope. Hope is something an individual should never lack

1 Like

Re: Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? by conductorh2: 12:30am On Nov 19, 2017
OP why do you want to spoil people's business?

Fraudgeria will soon be better. Not now but soon grin
Re: Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? by juman(m): 5:01am On Nov 19, 2017
One nigeria is absolutely waste of time.

Nothing good can come out of it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
aolawale025:
People have Hope. Hope is something an individual should never lack

Thanks. I agree and I believe this (hope) should be an inevitable element of every human being not just Nigerians.
Re: Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
juman:
One nigeria is absolutely waste of time.

Nothing good can come out of it.

A lot of work is truly needed to make One Nigeria 'work'. However, to think or say that nothing good can come out of Nigeria is not true.

Visit: https://www.positivenaija.com/ for global news, information and forum on the positive excellence of Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: Why Are The People Of Nigeria So Confident Of A Prosperous Future? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
omololu2020:
By 2050 nothing would have change in this useless country,I was in Kowloon last month, the sort of development there will almost make you cry for Nigeria and Nigerians.
I'm telling you that in the next 50 years,Nigeria will still be underdevelope,the solution now is either a sovereign national conference or total dissolution of this backward country.

Nigeria is indeed in a distasteful state today in many areas; governance, security, health, education, a lot really. However, I strongly believe that Nigeria can change even within 3-6 months and become a 'developed country' and I mean it. It is all about every Nigerian taking responsibility with a strong will, knowing what is right and what is wrong & accepting what is just with the spirit of truth and love.

Imagine if a considerable number of Nigerians decide to simply tell the truth (in whatever position they find themselves). I mean no half or white lies. There will be peace, trust, justice, prosperity and love.

Nigeria does not really have 'problems'. It's just the lack of basic principles by Nigerians that has brought us to where we are at the moment.

For example, who says a mechanic with an informal training cannot be a millionaire even in this current dispensation of the country? If a mechanic is honest and diligent enough, and is known to speak the truth at all times, he will be wealthy without doubt. Today in Nigeria, everyone seems to be looking for a mechanic who can be trusted but only men & women of character can be trusted.

I agree with your proposed solution of a sovereign national conference. Nonetheless, even this we have had as recent as 2 years ago but did truth prevail?

I believe we will get it right as a country anyway but it will require lots of hardwork and sacrifice.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Cannot Win Any Election — Even In His Local Govt, Says Buhari’s Aide / How The Chief Of Army Staff Ty Buratai Ambushed Boko Haram / Babatunde Fashola Hosted By Yahaya Bello, Kogi State Governor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.