Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Argentina Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Onboard(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Argentina Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Onboard(Photos) (3051 Views)

China Unveils Deadly New Anti-submarine Drone( Pics, Video) / Photos Of Missing Indonesia Submarine Lying At The Bottom Of Ocean / Indonesia Navy Submarine Goes Missing With 53 On Board(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Onboard(Photos) by misterh(m): 1:53am On Nov 20, 2017
Izuogu1:
do u know how much our politicians steals daily?
Nope. Tell me.
Re: Argentina Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Onboard(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
Argentina's navy says its ARA San Juan submarine, which has been missing since Wednesday, reported a mechanical breakdown in its last communication.

The navy also announced on Monday that seven signals picked up at the weekend were not from the missing submarine's satellite phone.

The failed calls, lasting between four and 36 seconds, had been received on Saturday.

The Royal Navy has deployed ice patrol ship HSM Protector to help search for a missing Argentinian submarine with 44 crew members on board.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5100625/Missing-Argentina-sub-reported-breakdown-final-call.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-42055676
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Argentina Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Onboard(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:55am On Nov 21, 2017
Explorers:

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Crew of missing Argentine submarine 'have just 2 days to live.

Hopes of finding the missing Argentinian submarine were dashed on Monday night as the navy said unusual noises picked up on sonar did not come from the vessel.

Search teams had been combing a 35 square nautical mile stretch of water 330 miles off the coast for the ARA San Juan after noises, thought to be thecrew tapping on the hull of the vessel, were picked up by two search boats.

But the search is back on again after the sounds turned out to be bogus the second time in 24 hours that rescue efforts had been scuppered.

President Mauricio Macri met with vice admiral Miguel Angel Mascolo (right) rear admiral Gabriel Gonalez (center) as search efforts continued on Monday night

Re: Argentina Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Onboard(Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 7:03am On Nov 21, 2017
Haaaaa. O ga o
Re: Argentina Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Onboard(Photos) by Dsov2016: 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
Do i have to explain this to you? Countries all over the world have Submarines. Submarines are effective in military because they allow a stealth way to enter into enemy waters and possible attack. And because other countries have also expanded their navies to include submarines, it is an absolute must for the Nigeria to also have submarines to counteract. Military sophistication zero and you claim u are giant of Africa.
Submarines are most prominent in navies; however, they are also used in other venues. In recent decades, they have become much more commonly used as a research tool as well. They allow scientists to travel deep into the see and study deep water sea life. One of the thing used to know how developed a country is is SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.

Do you know that a submarine costs about $2 billion? That's even beside its maintenance. Now tell me why Nigeria should invest in a submarine right now especially now that we don't have a serious threat from the seas.

as @ 2007 I know that the nigerian navy has about 2 or 3 submarines after that year I cannot categorically state if Nigeria still has. as of last year I know that Nigeria employed drones when fighting BH. I do not know where the bashing of Nigeria's military in terms of auxiliary weaponries come about. maybe its because we have not been engaged in large scale warfare outside of our borders that's why. I know from reading that nigeria has a robust missile detection and shoot down system, maybe not to the level of Israel but almost on par with S/A, they do not just call Nigeria giant of Africa for nothing. one should also remember the stockpile that was destroyed in the cantonment destruction in Lagos. The weapons might not be in top shape due to corrupt and bastard politicians but it does not mean that nigeria does not have it
Re: Argentina Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Onboard(Photos) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
....on purpose you mean. That's the only way a submarine can vanish.

Trains don't collide because the route is planned, no traffic jam for planes, submarines........what? Coz they are the most sophisticated, given they serve intelligence and all.

....on purpose, it disappeared. They are being suicided.
Re: Argentina Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Onboard(Photos) by Adesina12: 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
jagugu88li:
....on purpose you mean. That's the only way a submarine can vanish.

Trains don't collide because the route is planned, no traffic gem for planes, submarines........what? Coz they are the most sophisticated, given they serve intelligence and all.

....on purpose, it disappeared. They are being suicided.

But I was told you went on sabatical
I don't see your monical anywhere near NL again
Anyway I prepared popcorn for you..sill hot
winking...
Re: Argentina Submarine Goes Missing With 44 Crew Onboard(Photos) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
Adesina12:

But I was told you went on sabatical
I don't see your monical anywhere near NL again
Anyway I prepared popcorn for you..sill hot
winking...
I survived some ordeals grin my dear. Happy Thanksgivings

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldiers From Other Countries Fighting Russia In Ukraine (photos) / The Heartbreaking Poem A14yr Old Girl Wrote Before She Killed Herself / Trump Tweet Mocking North Korea�� Generals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.