Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

My Experience With An Atm Swindler - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With An Atm Swindler (24254 Views)

Soldier Beats A Lady At An ATM Stand In Lagos This Morning (video) / Man's Car Burgled Within 12 Minutes Of Using An ATM In Abuja / South Africans Torture An ATM Cards Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by donnaD(f): 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
boostdom:

I remember the program with the theme song on your signature. Are they still running it?
Nope it's had gone away with indomie generation.
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by jamesbridget13(f): 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
Any where you are n you hear anything money, just run away an dem dem
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by ladyF(f): 11:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
lordtim001:

La DP,,,La Scam! undecided

lol... funny!!! grin
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by ladyF(f): 11:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
Oxenomy:
you are doing a great job with your crypto biz. When are you bringing litecoin to 9ja?

Thanks dear...

Litecoin and all other alts available on request too. wink

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by madgoat(m): 11:21pm On Nov 19, 2017
aszunky:
Yesterday will ever remain an unforgettable experience for me.As i headed home from luth college gate,just as i advanced to take 'marwa' heading towards ilasa area just close to the 'okada' park a guy approached asking for directions to a particular place where they reset broken bones,i told him i dont know the place.He wwnt on to ask another guy as i was about to leave the guy he went to meet came back to me that the guy came from ado ekiti and he has a particular it that is being sought after by yemkem and is sold for 800k.

The guy told me that we should assist him and take him to the place that the guy may end up falling into wrong hands there loosing the entire 800k and the item,he further told me that we can collect 5k each from him.So we took two okadas to the back of luth gate(i and the guy that said we should help were on one while the guy that wants to sell was on the other)while on the bike the guy picked a fake call and told the person he was speaking with that he is on his way to the bank but my memory didnt snapped to the fact that it was a saturday and that it was already past 5.

We eventually got to a street,we now planned that we should say we are brothers.

If u are a student of medilag, they should just expel u from that school because this your action shows u are too dull. How can u follow a stranger to an unknown destination in the first place.
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by HolyTitus(m): 11:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
'L' give your car some space from his.
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by slysteel: 11:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
Goat
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by Nobody: 3:03am On Nov 20, 2017
granely:
I had such experience at awka, when the first guy approached me asking me of somewhere I told him that I don't know the place, the second guy came and tell me that we should both help the guy and I said I don't know the place and he kept on begging me let's help the guy I became scared and started walking away they followed me small and finally drove away

Same thing happened to me when I just gained admission to unizik, but he was with a bike man.......as a lagos boy, i had to snub their dumb ass and move on
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by buskie13(m): 6:23am On Nov 20, 2017
ladyF:
Blame it on greed. Thank God you came out unhurt, the ending could have been very different.

I won't be surprised if someone else falls for this tomorrow.

Make una come rate my new dp on a scale of 1 to 5. La dp la hot! grin

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin
u dey buy UK iTunes card?
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by sharawwy(m): 7:09am On Nov 20, 2017
Dis same thing happened to my sister's frnd while they were in schoool as at 3 months back.. After all nd all, she (my sister's frnd) came back home to take my sis laptop without her consent and gave it to those swindlers... I pitied d girl sha cos it was obvious she was charmed.
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by thedondada(m): 7:29am On Nov 20, 2017
ObaKlaz:
2008 stuff. I can't believe guys still run this obsolete format in 2017.

2008 ke!!. 1990s stuff. Almost 30yrs and people still fall for it.

A sucker is born every minute.
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by stonecoldcafe: 7:45am On Nov 20, 2017
temmyt20:
lol, this trick is common..na so dem go tel u make u go carry ur papa car come

Op was simply greedy. This trick entices only the greedy
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by Miniano: 9:11am On Nov 20, 2017
Same tin happened to my bro exact same story u wrote.

But they met there waterloo.

They never knew he was a soldier man he collected money from Atm around 2 o'clock then a guy approached him telling him he wants to sell drugs for heina or something like that..

He did not bother to answer then another person came to meet him that his drugs worth 500k that if they can help him get it to that area they he will give them 20-20"k just to show him street he was like obanka he removed his soldier cap from his bag and daga... The other guy ran away the one that one to sell the drugs all his hand was bleeding from the daga a mopol rescued him that day... Con see film

People who fall for this are greed types fast money maker

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by olabrad: 9:23am On Nov 20, 2017
ladyF:
Blame it on greed. Thank God you came out unhurt, the ending could have been very different.

I won't be surprised if someone else falls for this tomorrow.

Make una come rate my new dp on a scale of 1 to 5. La dp la hot! grin

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

Finally, lady e yaff gone global. This is nice. Why aren't you buying PayPal? I've got some to sell.
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by spector15(m): 9:39am On Nov 20, 2017
Sezua:
These days i dnt even answer strangers. The painful part about this is, people who need genuine help wont be getting any.
How do you deal with guilt feelings accompanying such?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by creatorsverse(m): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2017
The next time a stranger come and ask u for a place in ur area dat u have never heard before, stop a bike dat is Hausa man driving and force d man to enter. Let him settle with d Hausa man
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by Sezua(m): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2017
spector15:
How do you deal with guilt feelings accompanying such?
How do i feel? I feel better than the op felt when he almost lost his valuables.
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by leesha(f): 10:20am On Nov 20, 2017
Na wa for this OP ooo.. U jus entered bike nd followed unknown ppl to an uncompleted building. Your brain did not snap back to reality nd u entered.' Bring out evry tin in ya pocket', ur brain still no code. 'how much do u hav in ya acct' , ya brain still dey sleep. 'What is ya atm pin' ya brain was still on holiday.... Guy i just dey come lagos?? U shud really thank God fo rescuing u, as ya brain refused to see all d scammer signs in front of u
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by Rozaytee: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2017
mine was dollar trick... I never fell tho
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by LINTUNE(m): 11:24am On Nov 20, 2017
aszunky:
That was how it went yesterday,only God saved me if not i would have lost my phone.My other saving grace was that i dropped my atm at home.

I want to advise people to be more careful when dealing with strangers

...it was ur greed DAT almost landed u into trouble
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by fellom(m): 11:24am On Nov 20, 2017
He said the back of Luth that must be Akodu or Onifade street.
DiegoNakel:
aszunky shey Na Ogun street for mushin dem carry u go abi Na for inside idi araba, which one ?
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
buskie13:
contact at signature
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by Opengates(m): 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
grin grin grin

soberdrunk:
If you were my younger brother and you came back to tell me this monkey story, the kind of beating i would have given you will upgrade your IQ from windows 95 to windows 10 manually....... angry
grin
soberdrunk:
If you were my younger brother and you came back to tell me this monkey story, the kind of beating i would have given you will upgrade your IQ from windows 95 to windows 10 manually....... angry
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by wakpo77: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2017
Same thing happened to me in warri, but immediately he called a passerby {lady} about the place and she asked us to help him locate the place
I quickly refused and alerted some guys around and in a flash they quickly ran to their car and drove off.. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by ladyF(f): 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
olabrad:

Finally, lady e yaff gone global. This is nice. Why aren't you buying PayPal? I've got some to sell.

Hehehe... Na God o.

PayPal wahala too much o, I no dey buy PayPal. cry
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by omolorlarh: 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
martinsfm:
I had similar experience .. I was in 100l.. around orile .cming bk frm sch.. a guy approached me dt he was a ghanaian and was in nigeria for a business dt he got robbed but his laptops were in an hidden place dt he needs to get it sold so he can have money and go back..nd he needed my help cos he dint want to get duped.. while talking another man join mouth to persuade me into doing it I knew na scam nd was very hungry..lol..naso I leave dem waka.. d new dude kept on calling me dt we sud help him dt we wud get our share. i ignored
I had this experience too.I was even going to the bank with my mum 100k.The other man that joined mouth was trying to confuse me. I was even wondering why the stranger was concerned on top another person matter. When I got tired of talking,I left them.They called me back tire

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by McPerry(f): 6:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
aszunky:
That was how it went yesterday,only God saved me if not i would have lost my phone.My other saving grace was that i dropped my atm at home.

I want to advise people to be more careful when dealing with strangers

Op, you were greedy but thank God you were able to come back to your senses early enough. Depite all the similar experiences shared here on NL alone, some people will still allow greed to overcome them.

You were not careful enough that was why you feel victim but all the same, thank God for your life.

Moreso, the Yulitide season is around the corner, we all know what that means.

Cheers!!!
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by martinsfm(m): 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
omolorlarh:

I had this experience too.I was even going to the bank with my mum 100k.The other man that joined mouth was trying to confuse me. I was even wondering why the stranger was concerned on top another person matter. When I got tired of talking,I left them.They called me back tire
same story?
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by ladyF(f): 10:51am On Nov 21, 2017
buskie13:

Just US
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by Toluensdollars(m): 11:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
aszunky:
Yesterday will ever remain an unforgettable experience for me.As i headed home from luth college gate,just as i advanced to take 'marwa' heading towards ilasa area just close to the 'okada' park a guy approached asking for directions to a particular place where they reset broken bones,i told him i dont know the place.He wwnt on to ask another guy as i was about to leave the guy he went to meet came back to me that the guy came from ado ekiti and he has a particular it that is being sought after by yemkem and is sold for 800k.

The guy told me that we should assist him and take him to the place that the guy may end up falling into wrong hands there loosing the entire 800k and the item,he further told me that we can collect 5k each from him.So we took two okadas to the back of luth gate(i and the guy that said we should help were on one while the guy that wants to sell was on the other)while on the bike the guy picked a fake call and told the person he was speaking with that he is on his way to the bank but my memory didnt snapped to the fact that it was a saturday and that it was already past 5.

We eventually got to a street,we now planned that we should say we are brothers.
I live in Ilesha, so u now have ur own LUTH in Ilesha instead of Wesley
Re: My Experience With An Atm Swindler by 2shure: 6:25am On Nov 26, 2017
happened to me at aboe junc benin city
way bavk..2010.
then i needed a lapy
but in the long run
na fake money eash wash scam.
they ended up takin 2k frm me.
since den.
i hardly talk to strangers.
naas

lazy scammers evrrywhr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Shoot Lorry Driver At Rhema University, Living Word Junction In Aba (Pics / Fulani Herdsmen Invade A Secondary School In Nteje, Anambra / Car Snatchers Arrested With Over 150 Stolen Handsets In Anambra (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.