Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? (27367 Views)

How Will The Earth Look Like On Or Before 2500 AD? / 2017: 7 Inventions That Are Making Our World A Better Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by Elfaris(m): 10:49am On Nov 20, 2017
Mtcheew i came here to look at the pictures. [SMH]Disappointed.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by jerflakes(m): 10:51am On Nov 20, 2017
Offpoint:

gringrin i don't gerrit...how will ww4 be fought with "sticks and stones"? bikonu expansiate

Omo, with all the nuclear weapons available, emps, rogue hackers, atomic and hydrogen bombs, I will be surprised if the human race will exist after ww3

2 Likes

Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by DanseMacabre(m): 11:05am On Nov 20, 2017
nNEOo:

Think well bro , the present human posses nothing but a weak , fragile and fray body so prune to diseases and sickness weakness is the order of the day

We are resilient intellectually yes , but I still maintain that intellectual capacity will only take us so far n not beyond ,......the present humans to me constitute nuisance to this planet, beyond a thousand years time without being modified/enhanced I really hope nature finally rid this world of us.

Remember that following the Darwinian theory, only the strongest of use species survive; so I still think that a somewhat more dominant species with a stronger strain than us, mutants maybe, will still emerge.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by mrMeen(m): 11:07am On Nov 20, 2017
Coldfeets:
People will no longer be able to think on their own as they will be using their superfast android 90.0 robotic brains by then.

In short, robots will completely take over from man with everyone having their own robot double performing every humanly task you can ever imagine.

Crime will be no more as criminals will be arrested even before they commit the crime due to advanced predictive technology that examines human minds.

There will be no more countries.

Death will be no more. It's just a matter of changing your power bank and upgrading your life to newest version.

There'll be no more religion.

People can easily change their race, their sex, their body size. All will be customizable.

if there is one thing that can never be conquered it's death.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by Blonchilli(m): 11:07am On Nov 20, 2017
DanseMacabre You want to know how the world will be a thousand years from now? Watch Blade Runner 2049 and imagine the worse of it. Scientist have already found a way to attach another human head onto another body. Saudi Arabia have made a robot a citizen, and it's only 2017. Giving birth would seize to exist in some region because they'll be doing population control and not everybody will bear a child ( that will be less than a 100 year). Artificial intelligence will control our day to day lives, Built living being genetically modified to be bio-machine will exist as either soldiers, doctors, the police and they'll be doing hard labours. Some places on earth would be uninhabitable because of wars, space travel will be at its peak and major colonies will be built in space and other planets. Religion will seize to exist because the impossible would be achieved by that time and the religious sect that exists would be radical and fighting whatever government exist at that time calling them anti-christ. It would be paradise for some people and hell for others. And nationalism will seize to exist because the world will be ruled by one government.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:14am On Nov 20, 2017
Tozara:
Hahaha! Are you a God? And it's a millenium, not five.

Apologies.
I am not God but I study history.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by nNEOo(m): 11:44am On Nov 20, 2017
DanseMacabre:

Remember that following the Darwinian theory, only the strongest of use species survive; so I still think that a somewhat more dominant species with a stronger strain than us, mutants maybe, will still emerge.

F lipsrsealed ck chalse and his stupid theory , I can bet with this morning's defication that in a hundred years time It will become obsolete ....we can't keep waiting for evolution to come bearing extra digits ...I maintain we must be altered genetically to stand a chance beyond 1000 years from now.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by nNEOo(m): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2017
Billyonaire:
1000 Years from Now;

Every Homo Sapiens will be DEAD. There will be no homo sapiens walking the surface of the Earth, except Homo Novus.

We will before then establish a family re-union kind of relationship with other Humanoid species example, the Cosmic Human species living at the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud would have visited and we will visit their planets and we will share technologies and ideas to advance humanoid civilizations across the Cosmos.

These Homo Novus will have neural lace connectivity with robots, and the Human body will be advanced from bio-electric system to bio-electromechanical system with apertures for peripheral connectivity with OS powered 3D reality.

Our cities will no longer be built with cement and silica, but with a combination of alloys which ensures that homes are fire-proof, leak proof, rust-proof and totally interactive wall designs, LCD doors, IoT engineered electronic devices. our CCTV cameras will have remote virtual terminals with satellite connectivity to open your home doors and lock them from any location on Earth.

Witricity will replace electricity as we know it. So there will be no more cables flying around the house or street corners.

Robots and humans will interact with each other and some robot modules will develop their own languages and become a viral race of malignant specie and we will cage them on a location on Earth and monitor their geometric language development growth towards improving our own knowledge skills. In essence, we will design robots that will become our teachers and part of our future.

But if we continue to mess around with nuclear weapons, then the human form might be extinct just in time before the party begins. By then, I will be qualified to wear the body of an Extraterrestrial race of aliens. A Cosmic Human, your Gods.

Dear billy,
Do you think corruption will survive a thousand years from now ?

...........I await you reply as you made good points bye.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by DanseMacabre(m): 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2017
nNEOo:

F lipsrsealed ck chalse and his stupid theory , I can bet with this morning's defication that in a hundred years time It will become obsolete ....we can't keep waiting for evolution to come bearing extra digits ...I maintain we must be altered genetically to stand a chance beyond 1000 years from now.

And what modifications would you propose be done to us?
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
nNEOo:

Dear billy,
Do you think corruption will survive a thousand years from now ?

...........I await you reply as you made good points bye.

There is no corruption in the real sense of the word. Some people are licensed to defraud while others who are not licensed to defraud are called Corrupt. Take for instance, if a government licenses an Agbero to take money and make returns to the State, they are called NURTW but without being licensed, you are called Agbero.

BDC are government approved Money Laundering Outfit for Politicians, but if you are not licensed, you are a fraudster.

Banks are mandated to give credit and loans, but if you are not licensed, you are called Loan Shark.

Tinubu owns almost all land in Lagos because during his days in office and even using instrumentality of State, he receives 'allocation', but those without political connects are called "Omonile" and is tagged illegal.

If you have access to Politics at the highest level, you can award OML and OPL to yourself, your girlfriends and your pals, but if you are not in government and you even fetch the crude oil you are a criminal oil bonkerer.

Corruption is a name given to those who are not legally approved to loot. Or those who had the power to loot but no longer in position.

Corruption is why the world is advancing this way, and corruption is the Business of Governments.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by Tozara(m): 12:28pm On Nov 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Apologies.
I am not God but I study history.
Well, not bad.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by DanseMacabre(m): 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
HomeOfMe:
The world would've naturally ended long,long,long before then.

How do you mean 'naturally', ma'am?
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by 91119111c(m): 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2017
sex onn d street, naked adamn eve evrywer.......
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by Coldfeets: 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2017
mrMeen:
if there is one thing that can never be conquered it's death.

Since you started using your laptop, has it ever died?

Assuming it 'dies', what do you think you'll do to it to restore it back to life?

Yes, human life will become exactly like the life of your computer - everlasting!
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by Coldfeets: 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2017
Billyonaire:

There is no corruption in the real sense of the word. Some people are licensed to defraud while others who are not licensed to defraud are called Corrupt. Take for instance, if a government licenses an Agbero to take money and make returns to the State, they are called NURTW but without being licensed, you are called Agbero.

BDC are government approved Money Laundering Outfit for Politicians, but if you are not licensed, you are a fraudster.

Banks are mandated to give credit and loans, but if you are not licensed, you are called Loan Shark.

Tinubu owns almost all land in Lagos because during his days in office and even using instrumentality of State, he receives 'allocation', but those without political connects are called "Omonile" and is tagged illegal.

If you have access to Politics at the highest level, you can award OML and OPL to yourself, your girlfriends and your pals, but if you are not in government and you even fetch the crude oil you are a criminal oil bonkerer.

Corruption is a name given to those who are not legally approved to loot. Or those who had the power to loot but no longer in position.

Corruption is why the world is advancing this way, and corruption is the Business of Governments.

You're right.

Most especially on that bank of a thing.

Banks are the biggest fraud in human history.

They create money out of nothing and then they start charging interest on that money that came out of nowhere!

Now if assuming you cannot pay back that interest, these same banks will come and seize your property

But no one is complaining simply because banks are LICENCED to be perpetuating that same fraud over and over...

For those who have been wondering how these banks make their money, that's how they do it - THEY CREATE MONEY OUT OF THIN AIR!
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by alaskido(m): 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
Don't worry brother, the world will end before 1000 years. God is tired of this present generation not to talk of the ones coming in 1000 years time. He is only patient.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
Coldfeets:

You're right.

Most especially on that bank of a thing.

Banks are the biggest fraud in human history.

They create money out of nothing and then they start charging interest on that money that came out of nowhere!

Now if assuming you cannot pay back that interest, these same banks will come and seize your property

But no one is complaining simply because banks are LICENCED to be perpetuating that same fraud over and over...

For those who have been wondering how these banks make their money, that's how they do it - THEY CREATE MONEY OUT OF THIN AIR!

There is nothing like thin air bro, cos even Money itself is fraud in a way. The concept of Money eliminated barter and introduced the calibration of values for products and services and produce a vehicle for capitalism. Money does not exist in any other planets with life except here, but my search for currency at other planets have not been extensive, but I will resarch on the currencies used by other beings in other star system, but on Earth, there is no way you can make so much money without fraud being involved in a way.

For example, going into any country and exploring for 'nature's resources' then instead of exploiting and exploring the resources and allowing every one who finds the oil to find a means of cooking it and producing fuel to be used locally, we decided to put soldiers to guard the wells and chase villagers out, then we haurd the oil to create artificial scarcity and increase demand, then put price on it and rip off the entire populations in the name of corporations.

You can see the fraud is from the root of it all. The government is fraud, the Exploration Companies are as rich as countries, they are also fraud.

So, my friends, the entire system is Yahoo Yahoo

What ever you can get without spilling human blood, without hurting another person's feelings, you have the permission of the Gods.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by mrMeen(m): 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
Coldfeets:

Since you started using your laptop, has it ever died?

Assuming it 'dies', what do you think you'll do to it to restore it back to life?

Yes, human life will become exactly like the life of your computer - everlasting!

your assumption is wrong what if the battery broke down inflates or gets destroyed what then.

every battery has a definite life time you just do not use them long enough to see it.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by kjhova(m): 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
You do not have to be a scientist to imagine our world in a 1,000 years (which will be the year 3017 AD). Just cast your mind back to the last 1,000 years (i.e. 1017 AD) and compare that world to our world of today.

1,000 years ago, the best transport was the horse and camel, the most powerful pull force was the bull, the leading armies of the world were equiped with swords, society was very feudal and 95% of world population could neither read nor write in any language. In medicine, there were no anesthetics, no knowledge of microbes and we had no idea where diseases come from. Leading thinkers thought the world was flat, fire was made by rubbing two stones over dry grass.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by macsika: 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
I can predict for the next 50 years

China becomes the world's biggest economy, followed by US, then India. No single bully superpower means less conflict in the world.

Africa becomes a major economic growth centre of the world, Europe stagnates.

Britain's economy flourishes after over a decade of pain from Brexit. It is the most dynamic economy in Europe.

Israel given up most of occupied Palestine due to international pressure stemming from continued declining support of the occupation from American Jews. The conflict is over.

Of the 20 largest companies in the world, 19 are tech.

Driverless cars ubiquitous, car ownership collapses, most car manufacturers go bust. 60% of the world’s automated cars are driven by Google (Waymo).

Mass unemployment due to automation, wealth inequality at unprecedented levels.

Google (Alphabet) is easily the largest company in the world.

Apple does a BlackBerry.

40% of higher education courses have more cloud-based teaching than physical teaching.

This is courtesy of asim quareshi. He's the original author of these post and I hundred percent agree with him

He was asking about your own point of view. Not copying and pasting an answer from quora.

I read this answer on quora about a week ago.

Just saying.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
macsika:

He was asking about your own point of view. Not copying and pasting an answer from quora.

I read this answer on quora about a week ago.

Just saying.
If you had read everything down to the end you would have seen that I gave recognised the original author.
Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by oglalasioux(m): 10:55am On Nov 21, 2017
Mankind will conquer death in less than 1000 years from now. Genetic modifications will enable man explore the galaxy in far reaches.

Religion will disappear. God/gods will be laughed off.

Society will be better and;

Contrary to OP's opinion, our present age will be celebrated for starting the emancipation of mankind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Our World Look Like In A Thousand Years From Now? by tck2000(m): 8:16am On Aug 31, 2019
nNEOo:

lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student / See The Snake My Neighbour Killed in the Hostel / See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.