Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,507 members, 7,770,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:30 AM

The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. (13504 Views)

MIXTAPE: The Unleashed Mixtape Hosted By DJ Instinct |@djinstinct / Download Rukus New Mixtape - The Hunger / ElRazur Presents "The Snippets Of The Plan Of The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by ElRazur: 9:28am On Mar 24, 2010
Well, here is an idea I am toying with. How about we release a mix-tape on the back of Nairaland. It will comprise strictly of people from Nairaland i.e people who have made beats and those who have submitted their vocals etc. There won't be any outsider.

Say for example, someone like Genuflect, Krayola will qualify, while a few of us who have actually submitted beats will qualify too.

I know there will be a few hurdles like communication, differences in idea etc. but that will make it fun and all a part of the learning experience.

So who is down? Remember, you only qualify on certain criterias and no outsiders. Ideas and all sort of crazy ideas welcome.

PS
Please do not post if you have nothing about the actual thread to say. Thank you.
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by THEAMAKA(f): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2010
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by javalove(m): 10:03am On Mar 24, 2010
its wud be a nice idea man. . .

we that cant rap, can we ghostwrite?

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by ElRazur: 10:10am On Mar 24, 2010
Aint no Ghost writing. You will be fully credited IF your material is used. I am of the belief that credit should be given where credit is due. smiley

In fact, I like your idea. Yes writers from Nairaland are included. smiley Well done Java.
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by javalove(m): 10:16am On Mar 24, 2010
Ok then. . I will post the lyrics of one of the poems i wrote. Its called HEAL ME. . . Hoping som1 can spit it over nice beats. .

Its not party rap ooo, its conscious rap. .

Heal me talks about Nigeria being sick. . and she keeps asking on the chorus. ."Who will Heal Me. . .?"

grin grin grin grin

Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by ElRazur: 10:19am On Mar 24, 2010
It may be worth holding up yet. Let us see how many people are interested and we can then take things from there? Just a thought. But if you really want to post it. Please feel free. smiley
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by javalove(m): 10:32am On Mar 24, 2010
ok then. .i think I should hold on on it. . .

maybe you create an email we all send lyrics too (just as eldee does for warcraft), say NLMixtape@yahoo.com, just a suggestion. . .

Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by ElRazur: 10:34am On Mar 24, 2010
Yeah it is a good idea. Just let see how many people are interested. smiley
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by lalaboi(m): 11:11am On Mar 24, 2010
Av got to be part of this lol . . .

Watchout for my sturvs on ya beats mahn lol. . . . ah
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by milkan05(m): 11:16am On Mar 24, 2010
can I drop beats?
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by ElRazur: 11:23am On Mar 24, 2010
lalaboi:

Av got to be part of this lol . . .

Watchout for my sturvs on ya beats mahn lol. . . . ah

Well anyone who is on nairaland is welcome [and they post regularly]. There are enough talents here in my opinion to make something worthy of a mix tape.

milkan05:

can I drop beats?

Well yeah, but you may have to post a couple of beats for people to hear. smiley
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by rapjunkie(m): 11:34am On Mar 24, 2010
If this becomes a paddy paddy project then the RCC will set up an alternative thread to denounce this mixtape.

Prediction: The NL celebrity,  javalove will become an overnight  R& B sensation with his debut release single 'heal me' . . . . . performed by Ofoka  grin

( *please somebody save us*)
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by ElRazur: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2010
There is no paddy paddy here. It will be strictly for those of us who post here mostly. If people vote to have someone removed or what not. Then it shall be so. smiley
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by Krayola(m): 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2010
I'm in!! 

I think it's going to be hard to coordinate tho. Some people have to pay for studio time and all that, and it may just be complicated getting audio files sent all over the place and still ending up with a final product that sounds decent. But I still think it's a great idea regardless. I wish I had Nigerians around me to work with. I'm stuck with my Canadian and Akata friends and they don't understand 95% of what I'm saying, and since I refuse to do that yankee stuff I pretty much have to come up with all my material myself. Working with people makes things better IMO. Just more ideas to incorporate into your stuff, and different styles etc. Nice one, Elrazur.
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by eldee(m): 1:29pm On Mar 24, 2010
I have an idea for the title.

Eldee presents Nairaland: The Mixtape grin grin

If them born una well . . . no send shoutout to me for every track. grin grin
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by frijos(m): 1:36pm On Mar 24, 2010
anyone interested in these lines?

i'm 2 d game a confessor to the seeker/
i'm 2 d game a microphone to the speaker/
i'm 2 d game merlin to prince arthur/
haters don't see that, I got a lot to offer/
grin
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by rapjunkie(m): 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2010
frijos:

anyone interested in these lines?

i'm 2 d game a confessor to the seeker/
i'm 2 d game a microphone to the speaker/
i'm 2 d game merlin to prince arthur/
haters don't see that, I got a lot to offer/
grin

nope. . . . grin
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by frijos(m): 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2010
rapjunkie!!!! grin
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by Krayola(m): 1:45pm On Mar 24, 2010
eldee:

I have an idea for the title.

Eldee presents Nairaland: The Mixtape grin grin

If them born una well . . . no send shoutout to me for every track. grin grin

grin grin This man wan win grammy off shout outs!! grin Original hustler
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by ElRazur: 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2010
@krayola

You are right, coordination and communications are one of the hurdles that come to mind. I am thinkng if we get enough interest, perhpas one can tackle that via yim and other stuff. Also, if we need to transfer file between ourselves. We can easily host them on somewhere like those site people tend to use around here a lot.

As it stand, we need more people for the vocals.  If would be nice to have more people on board.

Dunno how long it takes to put a mix tape together in real life, but setting say a three month Target period will remove rush and let people know what is expected of them etc.

Whatever the case, I welcome all proper inputs.
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by rapjunkie(m): 1:56pm On Mar 24, 2010
ElRazur:

As it stand, we need more people for the vocals.  If would be nice to have more people on board.

GOOD NEWS!!. . . .  I just signed up Joe Skippy to drop vocals on the mixtape. . . .  . grin
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by dawhizkid1(m): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2010
ElraZur, i think this' a nice idea. . . I'm interested in the Vocal aspect of it bt that depend on the time limit it has. . .
@fj
I like those ur lines but can I alter it a little?
#sTaN
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by rapjunkie(m): 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2010
da-whizkid:

ElraZur, i think this' a nice idea. . . I'm interested in the Vocal aspect of it bt that depend on the time limit it has. . .
@fj
I like those your lines but can I alter it a little?
#sTaN

i thought u were already a signed artist?
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by eldee(m): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2010
Krayola:

grin grin This man wan win grammy off shout outs!!  grin Original hustler

Guy . . . I'm getting ready to release my shoutout mixtape.
Just different cuts that have had my name . . . tracks 1-15 grin grin
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by rapjunkie(m): 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2010
eldee:

Guy . . . I'm getting ready to release my shoutout mixtape.
Just different cuts that have had my name . . . tracks 1-15 grin grin

Track Listing 1- 5 :

1. Eldee the Eldeegy
2. LL Cool LD
3. Whose the boss? ( Eldee anthem)
4. High like L. s. D
5. My name is. . . . .eLDEE
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by Krayola(m): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2010
grin grin Alaba boys dey wait. ^^
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by eldee(m): 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2010
rapjunkie:

Track Listing 1- 5 :

1. Eldee the Eldeegy
2. LL Cool LD
3. Whose the boss? ( Eldee anthem)
4. High like L. s. D
5. My name is. . . . .eLDEE

6. Eldee's got the koko ft D'banj
7. Eldigity
8. [b]L[/b]egen-[b]D[/b]ary
9. He's El to da dizzle ft Snoop Dogg and NL Allstars
10. When I grow up, I wanna be an Eldeegy ft Pussycat Dolls and NL Divas All-Stars
11. Shoutout to NL (mute track)

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by dawhizkid1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2010
@RapJ
does it matter? . . . . I tot i heard a Joe Skippy name?
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by Krayola(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2010
@ da-whizkid. The player on the link on your sig doesn't work. Can't play the song.
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by rapjunkie(m): 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2010
eldee:

6. Eldee's got the koko ft D'banj
7. Eldigity
8. [b]L[/b]egen-[b]D[/b]ary
9. He's El to da dizzle ft Snoop Dogg and NL Allstars
10. When I grow up, I wanna be an Eldeegy ft Pussycat Dolls and NL Divas All-Stars
11. Shoutout to NL (mute track)

grin grin grin grin grin

we can sell it on notjustok . .

da-whizkid:

@RapJ
does it matter? . . . . I tot i heard a Joe Skippy name?

it would matter to your record label. . i would have thought. . . .buts its all good. . . . .
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by ElRazur: 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2010
da-whizkid:

Thanks.

Well it will be a track about 3mins the most or so.

I am thinking it may be worth recording a seperate vocals and then have it mixed into the back tracks, but then let us see how it goes.

So as it stand we have the following people in

Vocals - Krayola, Whizkid

Contributing writers - Java love

Back tracks: ElRazur

Can we have more people on board please. I.e Serious people.

Is Genuflect up for this one too?
Re: The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan. by ofokaofoki: 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2010
TENTATIVE NAIRALAND MIXTAPE TRACKLISTgrin grin grin grin

1. OFOKA FT ELDEE FT RAPJUNKIE -   THE BEST IN NAIRALAND
2. TOSINADEDA FT FL GATORS FT SAURON - THE NAIRALAND MISYARNERS
3. LALABOI FT TOSINADEDA FT CHIOGO- THE BEST IN NAIJA
4. EL RAZUR FT FRIJOS FT JAVALOVE THE THRASH TALKERS
5. KRAYOLA FT GENUFLECT(RAZOR BLEE G) HATE OR BE HATED ON
5. OFOKA FT KRAYOLA FT EL RAZUR WE HATE WACK EMCEES
6. JOE SKIPPY FT SAURON FT THE AMAKA BEEF OR MEAT?
7. SEUN FT SHAZ FT STREETWISE FT LALABOI NAIRALAND IS MINE
8. OFOKA FT EL RAZUR FT BENJAMS(NNONAH) THE BEATMAKERS ANTHEM
9. RHYMESTEIN FT DEJIARIYO FT DAMMIECOOL -MODE OR RUGGED (WE ARE FAMILY)
10.DBR FT ADBULRASAQ FT WORDSMITH PUNCHLINE KINGS
11.RIVERSMAN FT OLAYOKUN FT HUEYFLYER -SKIT
12.MOLA OG FT OVIE FT KAYDEE NAIRALAND IS NOTJUSTOK
13.FAAKAY FT JASSIE -AMALA JUNCTION FREESTYLE
14. TAVAREZ FT OFOKA FT ALDON NAIRALAND CYPHA
15. GENUFLECT FT CHIOGO FT  SEUN LOVE OF MY LIFE
16  COOLGUYZ FT ACTIVEMAN FT HJ GEMINI THE REALEST MCS
17  SAURON FT OFOKA FT A40 FT CHAMOTEX  WE ARE THE ILLEST
18  LALABOI FT RAPJUNKIE FT E-MARKETER FT DOUBLE SIX  SELL OR BE SOLD
19. KCATETRA FT MISSLU FT KHANYE  RADIO REQUEST
20  MAILMALC FT ALEXPISSU FT BABAEARLY WE REP THE SOUTH SOUTH
21  MUKINA FT IBIME FT SHAZ FT CHIOGO  GIRL POWER
22  NAIRALAND ALL STARS -DEATHBLOW PART 3 THE NAIRALAND CHRONICLES

RECORD LABEL -NAIRALAND INC
PRODUCERS- OFOKA, EL RAZUR, NNONAH(BENJAMZ), KRAYOLA
FINANCIAL SPONSORS- LALABOI & ELDEE
CORPORATE MARKETING-LALABOI
VIDEOS- FAAKAY
ALABA MARKETER -RAPJUNKIE

LMAO. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Timaya & Falz - Win (Video) / The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? / Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.