Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants (7387 Views)

Plot To Remove Secondus As PDP Chair Thickens, Stakeholders Shop For Replacement / S’west Forum Wants Senate Presidency Zoned To S’south / PDP Chair: Only Those Who Didn’t Do Their Homework Well Are Crying – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by peterciouspet: 6:57am On Nov 20, 2017
The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has suggested the conduct of primary election for the national chairmanship aspirants in the Peoples Democratic Party from the South-West geopolitical zone.

He said this would help the zone to have a common front in the December 9 national convention of the party.

Fayose spoke on Saturday night when one of the aspirants and former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, visited him at the Government House, Ado-Ekiti.

He stated that he would never work against the interest of Daniel or any aspirant in the zone or work against the interest of the zone itself.

A press release by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Idowu Adelusi, quoted the governor as saying, “We need to get a consensus candidate from our zone to clinch the post. We should not go to the convention as a divided house.

“I see nothing bad if we get all the delegates from the South-West to vote in a shadow election for their preferred candidate. Then whoever emerges would be supported by all during the convention.

“If we propose that and majority of the aspirants agree, whoever does not agree would be seen as having no follower at all. I can’t work against you or your interest. We have too many aspirants from our zone and it is not only us that will decide who becomes the national chairman of our party, it will be decided by every member from across the country.

He said, “As for my position as the Chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, I am only a voice there. Agreed that the governors will play a crucial role in determining who wins, but if I say something, I can’t force it down the throats of my colleagues.

“It is only advisable that we get our house in order. All the aspirants from our area, apart from dividing the votes in the geopolitical zone, are also dividing the votes in the North too. We all know that our party is the party to beat in the country.”

In his remarks, Daniel, who is one of the chairmanship aspirants, said he had all it required to lead the PDP.

He said, “Majority of the aspirants only have the experience of being political appointees. I have contested and won elections twice. As a governor, you know what it is to contest and win elections. I have traversed all the nooks and crannies of this country and I am well accepted.

“Our great party needs somebody like me who has the contacts and the experience to lead it. We are going to contest against incumbents in many states and even at the presidential level, so, we must be up and doing and I am assuring our members that I will lead the party to victory in the coming elections.”

Answering reporters’ questions later, Daniel said he was in support of Fayose’s suggestion of a primary among the aspirants from the zone.

“It is a good idea and if our party leaders and members support it, I am ready for it,” he said.

Meanwhile, a former Minister of Sports, Prof. Taoheed Adedoja, has promised to work tirelessly to help the PDP to produce the President of Nigeria in 2019 if he becomes the chairman.

He said that the new party’s platform would produce the country’s next president.

Adedoja, one of the aspirants to the position of the national chairman, made the promise on Friday in Calabar when he led his team on a courtesy visit to the state PDP Chairman, Mr. Edim Inok.

He said, “We are now revisiting the issue of membership of the PDP to ensure that the party is repackaged and marketed so that other members can join the party. We cannot do this unless we have a viable and energetic leadership that is very creative.

“The creativity is what we are going to use to drive the management of the party when I become the national chairman. If I am elected the chairman of our great party in December, the party under my leadership will witness the enthronement of party discipline and internal democracy.

“The PDP of today will bring us two things: the PDP of tomorrow and the new platform that will produce the President of Nigeria in 2019.”

Source:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/pdp-chair-fayose-seeks-shadow-election-swest-aspirants/

1 Like

Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:58am On Nov 20, 2017
His business.
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by Baawaa(m): 7:00am On Nov 20, 2017
PDP cannot get it right again,due to their selfishness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by Greenville990: 7:01am On Nov 20, 2017
In all fronts

Through several headlines on front pages

This is the most sensible this man have ever been.

It is vital that we have a viable opposition, not just at state level but at national stance

Landslide victory
Unanimous votings

Are for the embryonic democracy.

PDP should get their hats together

Get it right from the party leadership and chieftains

Present a credible candidate (NOT ATIKU)

And keenly contest the Election

1 Like

Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by nittroboy(m): 7:01am On Nov 20, 2017
grin
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:01am On Nov 20, 2017
booker is here
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by Teewhy2: 7:01am On Nov 20, 2017
I thought the position has been zoned to the west. Why presenting a common candidate. I want to believe fayose wants to work for another zone so that he can have a better chance at the presidential election.

Are you planning for your roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

1 Like

Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by edlion57(m): 7:01am On Nov 20, 2017
Thank you Obi of Onitsha lgwe Alfred Achebe for Redeeming The lgbo Pride.

-President Buhari ordered lgwe Achebe , the Obi of Onitsha to come to Akwa Anambra state capital to receive him. He refused.

-Obi of Onitsha lgwe Achebe ordered Buhari to come down to Onitsha and pay homage to him as the traditional ruler or go to hell. Buhari refused.

-APC reacted in anger and saw Achebe's behaviour as an insult to the office of the President.

Buhari could not have ordered the Sultan of Sokoto or Emir of Kano to leave his Kingdom and come to welcome him. He would go to their palace to pay homage to them.

So what makes Buhari think that Obi of Onitsha is inferior to Sultan of Sokoto and Emir of Kano? I don't blame him.

I blame our traditional rulers who have desecrated their throne and the revered institution by playing into the hand of politicians who now control them. It shouldn'tbe so.

I wish l can buy a cow for lgwe Achebe. His action comes just few days after some shameless lgbo trational rulers under the auspices of South East traditional ruler's council led by Eze Dick gave Buhari double chieftaincy titles.

I believe that if Buhari had ordered any of those Eze who had given him those titles, he would have rushed down to Akwa in contempt of the Ezeship traditional institution in lgbo land.

Igwe Achebe has proven that there are still men of honour and integrity among Ndigbo. All hope is not lost.

Buhari may have thought that every lgbo traditional ruler is saleable, clueless and can be easily intimidated.

Igwe Achebe has made every lgbo proud. He has redeemed our image the lgbo man. I duff my cap for him.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by coolie1: 7:02am On Nov 20, 2017
una don't start now oh

1 Share

Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by Luukasz(m): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2017
Politically Disorganised Party
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by 9japrof(m): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2017
Fayose trying to use Presidential ambition to distract the impending persecution thats gon come his way.

Fayose abeg there is no hiding place, wicked buhari has no forgiveness in his dictionary. He's gonna rain fire and brimstone on your ass angry grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by adem30: 7:03am On Nov 20, 2017
And these Mumu party is thinking of winning 2019 Presidential election, When they are still directionless in their internal affairs

1 Like

Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by myrrtle(m): 7:04am On Nov 20, 2017
wise man Fayose!! arguably the most thoughtful and fearless governor in the country.
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by romoruyi(m): 7:07am On Nov 20, 2017
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by gamblering: 7:07am On Nov 20, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by oladoja1(m): 7:07am On Nov 20, 2017
their wahala
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by Bari22: 7:13am On Nov 20, 2017
reading
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2017
E no concern me
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by TheDokita(m): 7:22am On Nov 20, 2017
PDP needs to elect the best chairman they will ever have to avert this pending doom, another state terribly lost in the SE ( their acclaimed stronghold). Remember they have now lost the last 3 governorship elections, edo ondo and now Anambra. All terribly
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:23am On Nov 20, 2017
In this jet age The world is talking about transparency and you guys are still in shadows undecided

hmmm...

Anyways as PDP is the people's party, I still think the chairman of the party should be zoned as in IGBOs should produce chairman, Yoruba, Hausa...

Then each tribe will produce their candidate based on locality which will be rotated all round in this way, there will be equality and less agitation!

I think we should think towards this direction if we want to move forward in this country!

In between, no one is talking about restructuring anymore shocked shocked shocked na wa ooooooo

Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by bart10: 7:32am On Nov 20, 2017
Na so undecided
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by basic23111: 7:43am On Nov 20, 2017
basket mouth again
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by toprealman: 9:11am On Nov 20, 2017
That Daniel who disappointed himself massively in his 2 terms in office should do us a massive favour by specifying those that have "generally accepted" him.
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by deboysben(m): 9:14am On Nov 20, 2017
Nice suggestion
Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by brainpulse: 9:19am On Nov 20, 2017
edlion57:

-President Buhari ordered lgwe Achebe , the Obi of Onitsha to come to Akwa Anambra state capital to receive him. He refused.

-Obi of Onitsha lgwe Achebe ordered Buhari to come down to Onitsha and pay homage to him as the traditional ruler or go to hell. Buhari refused.

-APC reacted in anger and saw Achebe's behaviour as an insult to the office of the President.

Buhari could not have ordered the Sultan of Sokoto or Emir of Kano to leave his Kingdom and come to welcome him. He would go to their palace to pay homage to them.

So what makes Buhari think that Obi of Onitsha is inferior to Sultan of Sokoto and Emir of Kano? I don't blame him.

I blame our traditional rulers who have desecrated their throne and the revered institution by playing into the hand of politicians who now control them. It shouldn'tbe so.

I wish l can buy a cow for lgwe Achebe. His action comes just few days after some shameless lgbo trational rulers under the auspices of South East traditional ruler's council led by Eze Dick gave Buhari double chieftaincy titles.

I believe that if Buhari had ordered any of those Eze who had given him those titles, he would have rushed down to Akwa in contempt of the Ezeship traditional institution in lgbo land.

Igwe Achebe has proven that there are still men of honour and integrity among Ndigbo. All hope is not lost.

Buhari may have thought that every lgbo traditional ruler is saleable, clueless and can be easily intimidated.

Igwe Achebe has made every lgbo proud. He has redeemed our image the lgbo man. I duff my cap for him.

Please where did you get your super story from, you guys like making up stories to deceive your gullible followers.
Probably you don't know that Buhari careless of your chiefs and their titles. He just like his moderate life.
And which image as your Igwe redeemed? Is it the drugs smuggling image, fraudulent activities in south Africa & the world, baby factories or rituals. Please tell me

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 10:31am On Nov 20, 2017
brainpulse:

Please where did you get your super story from, you guys like making up stories to deceive your gullible followers.
Probably you don't know that Buhari careless of your chiefs and their titles. He just like his moderate life.
And which image as your Igwe redeemed? Is it the drugs smuggling image, fraudulent activities in south Africa & the world, baby factories or rituals. Please tell me

Are u baffled? IPOB ANIMALS are the most useless lot to have graced the human race.

How dey cook up lies and speak about it without remose and second thought defies sane human reasoning.

Little wonder why sadness occasioned by ill luck never departs them.

Just keep taking dem as Animals they have proven to be, collectively by doing this, we would keep making the world a better place to living.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chair: Fayose Seeks Shadow Election For S’west Aspirants by baddosky1: 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
edlion57:

(1) (Reply)

Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 / $9.6bn Judgment: FG, P&ID Head For Showdown / So This Picture Is Real? Why Hasn't This Made Front Page Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.