Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

2019: Jide Olubiyi For President, Federal Republic Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Jide Olubiyi For President, Federal Republic Of Nigeria (376 Views)

Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers / Tribute To Alhaji Nurudeen Olubiyi Agoro (the Ojon Of Lagos / Meet Jide Sanwo-Olu: Biography, Governorship APC Lagos State Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: Jide Olubiyi For President, Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2017
My mission is simple:

1) Employment opportunities for the youth
2) Power and electricity supply
3) Subject to open debate and adjust accordingly the salaries and allowances of political and public officers
4) Access to functional education
5) Access to quality health care delivery
6) Sport and development
7) Stamping out insecurity beginning with solving the herdsmen challenge
cool...

My approach is simple, and it relies on win-win-win strategy that ensures everyone benefits maximally from our inclusive governance. I am not going to bore you with rhetoric; instead I will present to you my plan of action:
1) Employment: I personally believe that it is not primary the job of government to directly provide employment. Otherwise, what we would all end of with is a civil service nation that in the end is incapable of growth. However, it is the primary responsibility, duty and job of the government to directly put in place environments and incentives that turn the citizens of the country into employers and job providers. To this end, my government will focus on providing attractive credit facilities to hard working men and women who are committed to starting/expanding business operations that employ Nigerians. The government will monitor closely this employment aspect of the deal, and renewal of the loan contract will be largely based on how many Nigerians have been gainfully employed by the beneficiaries. In a similar flavour, fresh graduates of higher educational institutions including technical schools that have demonstrated competence and initiatives while in school shall qualify for start-up credit facilities of between N1,000,000 and N10,000,000 that will allow them set up their own businesses which we believe will stimulate further employment opportunities in the private sector. The government shall include additional credit motivations for youths who are interested in setting up job providing businesses in the fields of agriculture (food processing, storage facilities, crop and livestock production), pharmaceuticals (community pharmacy and production industries), private clinics and diagnostic centres, engineering firms (auto service firms, solar and alternative energy), and specialized educational institutions focusing on areas of national manpower shortage. At the end of the day, the yardstick for measuring my stewardship will be the number of millionaires my government has raised (excluding those of privileged background), the number of functional companies and industries we have encouraged to grow, and the number of jobs that have been provided.
2) On power generation: Preamble: In as much as there is a general disaffection on the state of power supply in the nation, we will not be too naive to acknowledge that a segment of our beloved country is benefiting immensely from the general state of darkness that we are not afraid to admit is more man-made than natural. Any government that solves the problem of power supply in that fell swoop also puts out of business the privateers involved in the importation, distribution, and sales of generators, rechargeable lamps, and all other alternatives that we have become used to. The up-side of a successful power delivery is that Nigerians will have no more need for these trinkets, and our industries and states and homes can now function as they should. Our approach will be to think out of the box, and shift attention (but not completely) away from the hydro-electric based power supply system to solar generated power supply. We will enlist the services of foreign engineering companies to partner with our local higher institutions and engineering firms to set up solar power systems capable of sustainable maintenance over long period of time. Our banking institutions will play a critical role in financing the acquisition of the initial set up. I know what is on your mind right now is an incredulity demanding to know if this will not be an arrangement too costly for the common man. But no, it will be cheaper than you expect. First, my government shall insist that all foreign companies submitting quotations and expressing interest also include the projected cost accruing to the end-user, and if this cost is higher than an amount beyond the reach of a household with a monthly income of N30,000, my government will disregard such companies' application. Secondly, the period of contract will be for an initial 20 years over which the payment and subscribers will have will the choice of early off-payment with its attendant benefits. Thirdly and lastly, with this in place, the reduced demand for hydroelectric power from the national grid will force its monthly premium to nosedive and will make it more available to our industrial centers, who will additionally (expectedly) be connected to the solar grid.
3) Subject to open debate and adjust accordingly the salaries and allowances of political and public officers: It is indecent, illegal, and criminal for politicians and public officers of one of the poorest countries on earth to receive take home (apart from graft) in excess of that received by their counterparts from wealthy nations. We will open for debate the amount that is decent enough for our public officer holders. This amount will a true reflection of the poverty or otherwise of our country. That is, if Nigerians are poor, so must our leaders' take-home be poor. And if on the other hand Nigerians are rich, so will our leaders' payments. In the end, we shall desire the kind of payment that is in the range of salaries paid to those in civil servants some of whom labour abundantly for the progress of this country, more than can be said for our leaders. In the same vein, efforts shall be advanced vigorously to ensure that those desirous of leading this country, its constituent states and local governments and councils are bound by an oath to patronize all things Nigeria. They and their families must abide by an oath and undertaking to patronize public institutions in Nigeria (universities, polytechnics, hospitals, markets, etc). I believe that our public services have fallen to this abysmal state primarily because there exists in the country two realities: the public institutions which are the reality of the common man, and a trans-border institution which permits a politician to maximally insulate him/her from the consequence of his inaction within his/her immediate constituency. I need not belabour how much different how institutions would today be if our leaders had been stakeholders in such institutions.

More of our plans will be unveiled as more youths and Nigerians come on board, the true Nigerians desirous of real change.
The kind of change that puts the food on every table.
That puts decent water in the mouth of every citizen.
That gives every Nigerian a fair chance to be anything--a footballer, a scientist, a governor, an accountant...or a farmer.
That forces of security system to become decent and law abiding.
That stamps injustice and grants access to full life and happiness.

Let us build together, brick by brick, our green and white house that politicians have awarded themselves for perpetual inheritance.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
God bless Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

Court Adjourns Fani-kayode’s N4.9bn Fraud Case Till Dec. 5 / Anambra Election: APGA Thanks Buhari For Obiano’s Victory / Atiku Abubakar: Timeline Of Serial Defector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.