Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It (105628 Views)

Ladies, What Is Your Ideal Heel Height? / French Curves For Sale / Demi Rose Flaunts Her Eye-popping Curves And Pert Derriere In Skimpy Bikini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
Ishilove:
Love handles and dimpled buttocks. Imperfect perfection! cheesy

Lol you are wicked!
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by blackbelt(m): 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
Remain small i for get cataract
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by exlinklodge: 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
good for her
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Antoeni(m): 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
Giant of a lady congratulations so clean
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Daeylar(f): 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
Photoshop going on here, In some pics seems like she has a bit of a pot belly, in others doesn't seem like she does,

Oh well nothing wrong with the photos, anyone can model for any brand, depends on who the brand is selling to.

1 Like

Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Blissp99(f): 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
Good though
Her passion her business
Just dat her commonsense should be upgraded
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Rubbiish(m): 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
alexialin:
Smhhhh

Her body sef no make am

If I have a lingerie company, I won't employ her.

She simply fucvked her way to get where she is right now.

Sighs.. Next!
Madam the lady offend u before?
Na wa for u ooo

Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Sterope(f): 10:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
embarassedLingerie is for women and not for you, therefore we do not care what you think about her body. She is not modelling so you could desire her sexually. The lingerie looks good on hersmiley. I am sure your GF doesn't a body that is half as nice as hers.undecided

alexialin:

But seriously her assz is not smooth , her assz is like sandpaper

Her posture is not appealing

Her skin tone is very average

Her shape? Even though she's average shaped and tall, she not even sexy..

She is just ordinary.

They didn't even use enough concealer on her body. Lol

Mehn, that product no go sell and no be curse, Na fact.

But Poco, seriously to sell lingerie? There shouldn't be trace of stretch marks or even rough skin. It's all a marketing strategy. The skin is meant to be flawless with a striking facial feature and feline pose.

That's the way to catch attention of the class of people who are obsessed with lingerie and looking sexy in it.

It's a marketing strategy. So I can't blame them.

That's why Kim k and Kendall cosmetics sell so much. Cause they look perfect, super sexy posing with their brands.

4 Likes

Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
Rubbiish:

Madam the lady offend u before?
Na wa for u ooo

Heheheheheheehhe cheesy

No mind me jare..

Just my hormones getting all mixed up.

Lol

But am good nw

Don't worry, shes a perfect model..

My bad grin
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by alokongbo: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
tal woman
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sterope:
Lingerie is for women and not for you, therefore we do not care what you think about her body. She is not modelling so you could desire her sexually. I am sure your GF doesn't a body that is half as nice as hers.undecided

Am not even desiring her sef!

My girlfriend is perfect! And the lingerie will look hot on my bae anytime any day.

And that's fact. wink

Can't wish for more lady.

Don't get it twisted.
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by uzohrome(m): 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
She has a nice body that is attainable for the average female, people will buy into what they can relate to, there's definitely a niche market for models like her, pretty girl too

1 Like

Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by PDPGuy: 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
alexialin:

Poco, u are funny

I see fat girls posing with lingeries on mags.
Immediately I see them, I flip page..

Even though am not slim lol. cheesy

But curvy in the right places, fat girls posing does not appeal to my eyes at all.

The companies will keep using the slim or sexy girls..
Cos that's what attracts and sells.

When sales run down, person no go tell them

They go switch back to slim and sexy cheesy

For me, if I were running a lingerie line, I would hire models are between size 0 and 10. There should be greater diversity, in terms of body size, in the modeling industry.

Most Black men (or non-White guys) in general prefer a curvier figure to the stick-thin figure.
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by IamArleck(m): 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2017
I Knew It that she's goin to be a black lady.. cool
oga op! she aint curvy nah undecided
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by chronique(m): 12:19am On Nov 21, 2017
iamJ:
continue deceiving urself ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy men dont like seeing stretch marks, snapping it and putting in it magazine will destroy the magazine

modelling is about being perfect kiss kiss kiss kiss, if ure looking for toned down perfection go and join Martha Stewart cook show biko

i dont buy the magazine to look at ugly, fat, stretch marks girls, its not by force to be a model

Lol. I basically don't understand the company. It's like failure is pinging them from their village. Whoever is in charge of running that company now, needs to start looking for another job coz the decision to use this girl as their model for lingerie lines, looks like the sort of thing that only Buhari is capable of doing(failure). I'm struggling to see what is attractive in this girl. Is it her fat and unevenly set big stomach? Or her rough yansh? Nothing is exciting about her looks. She would be better off modeling for denim jeans. Anyways, buhari can take solace in the fact that he is not the only clueless person in the world.
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 21, 2017
Guys on here be ranting.. Stop spewing trash that girl is pretty.. we live in a sad world. same set of guys you'll see on threads ranting about girls being artificial .so you guys don't want bleaching, makeup's, surgeries nd Co yet you want a girl like kim k lol u guys are just so confused ..

1 Like

Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by cruz97(m): 12:57am On Nov 21, 2017
pocohantas:

"I'm so fuckin' sick and tired of the Photoshop
Show me somethin' natural like afro on Richard Pryor
Show me somethin' natural like ass with some stretch marks"

These are lines from a song. We all have our imperfections. I think these companies have come to realise this and they're toning down on the over perfect images they portray.
Kendrick Lamar
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by makky555(f): 1:56am On Nov 21, 2017
It's because she's not in Nigeria now.... Coman abandon nursing for modeling na Lemmie see

Well in a way it inspired me #NeverGiveUpOnYourDreams
Good luck to her

Kolababe:
23-year-old Taylor Rhoden, a former student nurse from Los Angeles who was told she was 'too tall' and 'too curvy' to ever become a model in the fashion industry, has finally won a contract with a lingerie brand, Curvy Kate.

Curvy Kate ran an open casting call to pick its next model, and Taylor, who gave up nursing and moved to LA to pursue her modeling dreams, qualified into the modeling competition, dubbed 'Star In A Bra'.

After the live auditions, Taylor was voted by the public as the next lingerie model out of almost 1,000 competitors.

According to reports, Taylor, a size 12 who had been repeatedly told she would never be a model because of her body also earned a modeling contract with the esteemed True Model Management agency, based in New York.

Speaking after becoming the new face of underwear label Curvy Kate, Taylor said: I've been turned away from many agencies due to my height. I've always been told that I'm "too tall".

Although I thought my height and look was beautiful and unique, I felt like the agencies never saw that,' Taylor said.

'It's because of this that I entered Star in a Bra, in the wider modelling industry I am yet to see women that look like me, not only am I tall, I'm also plus size and I'm black, African-American, so I would really like to see someone that resembles me for once in the spotlight.'

At first, Taylor said she 'literally could not believe' she had won the competition. 'It felt so surreal because I've been working so hard at turning my modelling dreams into my reality for so long and finally everything was coming to fruition,' she said.

'Through winning I'm hoping to bring a new look to Curvy Kate. I am not the traditional curve model, and I think that's always a plus. I'm hoping that by adding me to the family, a different target population of women will also feel included: women of color and taller women

'This is an opportunity for me to inspire women all over the world to love the skin they're in.'

See more sexy photos below of Taylor as she's unveiled the latest Curvy Kate model

http://m.af1234.com/Af1234/details/6foot2-woman-23-told-she-was-too-tall-and-too-curvy-to-ever-become-a-model-finally-breaks-into-the-industry
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by EmekaBlue(m): 3:00am On Nov 21, 2017
All these kind things fit white slim girls more than our black yansh girls with mostly unsexy body...I didn't even have an atom of boner..hiss

1 Like

Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Heffalump(m): 4:05am On Nov 21, 2017
This one na sample material. Ekwehhh grin
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by RedboneSmith(m): 4:46am On Nov 21, 2017
The meaning of 'curvy' has really changed. It used to mean small waist and wide hips. Now I don't even know undecided

'Chubby' too politically incorrect, I guess.

4 Likes

Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by derahhh(m): 4:52am On Nov 21, 2017
Emotionless100:
Thank God for those that invent clothing
If not man will keep on vomiting everyday

Hehehe....hehehe.......some people can just FUNNY...chai

1 Like

Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by ELdaar55(m): 5:54am On Nov 21, 2017
BUT MUST THEY NAKED THEMSELVES IN ORDER TO MAKE IT IN MODELLING??
TOMORROW NOW ONE MAN GO COME MARRY WETIN ALL EYES DON CAPTURE...INDEED SOME MEN ARE SUFFERING AND SMILING.
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Skain(m): 6:11am On Nov 21, 2017
Wawuuu...
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 21, 2017
Let her go and advertise for toothpaste.
The smile is great.
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by sinceraconcept(m): 6:34am On Nov 21, 2017
pocohantas:

But you know KimK and co are not perfect?
They've only perfected the act of packaging.

I get your point too, marketing strategy. The idea is to sell the goods by whatever means...including deceit, there's a name for it sef.

That's your real kim k cheesy
Kim's ass looks very artificial. I think the silicon in her ass needs replacement

1 Like

Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by sinceraconcept(m): 6:41am On Nov 21, 2017
a girl or guy shouldnt be too tall. i am way over 6ft. I love tall girls but my girl shouldnt be more than 5'9" or 5'10". 6ft for what? noooooo. Juliet Ibrahim's height or a little taller is enough for a girl. I even prefer short girls to girls that are over 6ft
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by sinceraconcept(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2017
kendrace:
Guys on here be ranting.. Stop spewing trash that girl is pretty.. we live in a sad world. same set of guys you'll see on threads ranting about girls being artificial .so you guys don't want bleaching, makeup's, surgeries nd Co yet you want a girl like kim k lol u guys are just so confused ..
there are girls that don't need make up or surgery to be fine,they don't need to bleach either to be fine. an example is Juliet Ibrahim
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by sinceraconcept(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2017
kendrace:
there are girls that don't need make up or surgery to be fine,they don't need to bleach either to be light skinned . an example is Juliet Ibrahim
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by tmxme(m): 7:01am On Nov 21, 2017
alexialin:
Smhhhh

Her body sef no make am

If I have a lingerie company, I won't employ her.

She simply fucvked her way to get where she is right now.

Sighs.. Next!
This is how God works.
Re: Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It by pweetiedee(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2017
iamJ:
continue deceiving urself ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy men dont like seeing stretch marks, snapping it and putting in it magazine will destroy the magazine

modelling is about being perfect kiss kiss kiss kiss, if ure looking for toned down perfection go and join Martha Stewart cook show biko

i dont buy the magazine to look at ugly, fat, stretch marks girls, its not by force to be a model

There are different kinds of stretch marks, olodo. if your wife starts giving birth and she has stretch marks, will she disgust u?

It is the ones caused by using harsh chemicals that's disgusting.

Yes,.magazines should stop all these Photoshop, because the girl in the magazine doesn't even look like the girl in the magazine.
feel free to masturbate over what is not real.

it's not as if you are even fine or attractive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What This 'sexy' Guy Is Spotted Doing At The ATM / Lady Wearing Padded Fake Vagina (photo) / I'm In Church And I Forgot My Underwear - South African Slay Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.