Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) (14549 Views)

Edo 2020: APC Accuses Obaseki Of Appointing Cultists As Aides / HURRAY! Buhari Signs Anti-monopoly Law — 15 Years Afterward / Fayose Signs 2018 Revised Appropriation Bill Into Law,Tells HoR 2 Support Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by mekcheun(m): 9:20am On Nov 21, 2017
yes o, maybe this will reduce their operations
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by SNIPER123: 9:20am On Nov 21, 2017
dockokwus:
The amala governor has come out to show his shallowness again.
First,the constitution supercedes any kpomo or ewedu induced state law and its only in murder cases that death penalty is allowed.
Secondly,how can any sane person prescribe death penalty for just belonging to a cult group!
Third Fayose shud be ready to execute many Ekitians because i am sure that eith the level of poverty him and buhari av unleashed in state and federal,many Ekitians may have fd secret cult membership and its false security and wealth,an easy get away route.
Obviously you have a great problem. If you belong, you better don't move close to Ekiti. Stupid boy embarassed

1 Like

Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Godwin978(m): 9:20am On Nov 21, 2017
if all the 36 states in Nigeria fellow this footstep, I think cultism will reduce, or atleast doing it secretly

1 Like

Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Olyboy16(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2017
Reminez:

What is this OSU saying
we are on the same page sir! the new law seems to threaten the guy. #Suspect

1 Like

Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by otus4me(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2017
you are on point
saint047:
later, they will still use the cultists for election purposes
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Idrismusty97(m): 9:22am On Nov 21, 2017
It's alright until political rivals falsely get labeled as cultists.

3 Likes

Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by akilo1: 9:23am On Nov 21, 2017
the senators and rep should pass this kind of bills for the whole country
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Olyboy16(m): 9:24am On Nov 21, 2017
dockokwus:
First,the constitution supercedes any kpomo or ewedu induced state law and its only in murder cases that death penalty is allowed.
Secondly,how can any sane person prescribe death penalty for just belonging to a cult group!
Third Fayose shud be ready to execute many Ekitians because i am sure that eith the level of poverty him and buhari av unleashed in state and federal,many Ekitians may have fd secret cult membership and its false security and wealth,an easy get away route.
Don't worry, the law won't apply to you so far you don't go to ekiti state. We understand your fear and frustration

1 Like

Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by adisabarber(m): 9:28am On Nov 21, 2017
Most members of Rivers House of assembly are cult members

Homeboiy:
River state should adopt the xsame style undecided
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Vado(m): 9:29am On Nov 21, 2017
Fayose is a pragmatic politician. Watch what's going on in Rivers. Cultism has even gone so low to the level of beheadings, no difference from terrorist's modus operandi. This move is commendable and not condemnable.
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Slayer2: 9:33am On Nov 21, 2017
What about if one is falsely accused of being a cultist?
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by bizhop01: 9:33am On Nov 21, 2017
Ayodele Fayose yoruba demon is coming after you,the need more blood
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by lightinchrist4: 9:34am On Nov 21, 2017
dainformant:
Ekiti State Governor Mr. Ayodele Fayose has signed into law, the bill prohibiting secret cults, terrorism and prescribing death sentence for any one caught in the acts.

While appending his signature on the bill at the government house in Ado Ekiti, Mr. Fayose said the singing was a confirmation of the unwavering commitment of the state government towards combating terrorism across the tertiary institutions in the state.

"From now, any person who is a member of a secret cult, whether or not the person is in possession or in control of any offensive weapon but commit the offence, is liable to conviction to death.

"Any person who gives financial or material support or assistance to a secret cult or in any manner sponsor the activities of a secret cult, commits an offence under this law and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for life" he said.

The governor further explained that anybody who facilitates secret cult meetings or activities in places such as houses, night clubs, hotels and other residential areas would be committed to life imprisonment.

He added that buildings where any cult related activities is held would be forfeited to the government while the owners of such structures would be sentenced to five years imprisonment without an option of fine.

The Ekiti state helmsman who re-emphasized his administration's zero tolerance for cultism and terrorism in the state said lives and property of the people would continue to be protected.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/governor-fayose-signs-anti-cultism-bill-law-ekiti-state-photos.html

Death sentence is too much. Imprisonment is better.
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Slayer2: 9:36am On Nov 21, 2017
SNIPER123:

Obviously you have a great problem. If you belong, you better don't move close to Ekiti. Stupid boy embarassed

My question is how will they know who is a cultist and who is not? Because anyone can tag someone a cultist.. .. So what about sars who arrest people in order to extort money from them and if the humongous bail money is not met any false allegation can be written by them against the person, such as this cultist stuff. Only the poor will suffer this.

2 Likes

Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by dockokwus: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2017
Olyboy16:

Don't worry, the law won't apply to you so far you don't go to ekiti state. We understand your fear and frustration
The fear and frustration is that a governor is showing shallowness and behaving st upidly and your likes cant point it out and you claim being literate.
Does it even make any sense to you,that once you are proven to belong to a secret cult,you are sentenced to death!
Sometimes the way some of you reason defies all logic.
Just because I pointed out the commonsense error in the law,it now equates to fear and frustration!
He should go ahead with it,afterall its same Ekitians he would be killing at a whim.
Frustration and poverty has surely deprived your likes of commonsense.

1 Like

Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by hopexter(m): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2017
In4matic:
Let him go and swear in ogun shrine he is not in any cult first .see kettle giving pot a bad name

Bro why do you sound so pained? Are you a cultist or is the penalty of being one too much for you? Its never too late to renounce and avoid the death penalty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by biodex(m): 9:41am On Nov 21, 2017
Just want to cauz chaos in the state...
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:43am On Nov 21, 2017
Yeligray:
Arrest, prosecution and rehabilitation.. Killing is a waste of human life
our projected population by 2030 is 400million plus and our prisons aren't privately owned like USA as we have up there....Our prisons are over crowded...We can't crowd the prisons...Judiciary is a flop and too many bottle necks..Executing them is a welcome development...When it has been controlled we shall revisit the laws...By then u can come and blend yourself so you can be happy..Ok
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by izaray(f): 9:47am On Nov 21, 2017
They should enforce same in CRS, university of Calabar! preciselylipsrsealed
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 21, 2017
Homeboiy:

Yes oooo! I wonder what prevent Rivers state government for doing same...
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by sehin79(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2017
well done fayose,i think all state and federal government should adopt it
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 21, 2017
dockokwus:

Mr Man sharaaaap....I am in alignment with the governor on this matter. If I can have my way I will annihilate cultist without fair trial. I was a member of man o war during my days in campus.I trust me the war was very tough to win if there is no capital punishment involved
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by dvkot(m): 9:53am On Nov 21, 2017
Not a good idea, remenber #ALUU4
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:54am On Nov 21, 2017
dockokwus:

The fear and frustration is that a governor is showing shallowness and behaving st upidly and your likes cant point it out and you claim being literate.
Does it even make any sense to you,that once you are proven to belong to a secret cult,you are sentenced to death!
Just because I pointed out the commonsense error in the law,it now equates to fear and frustration!
He should go ahead with it,afterall its same Ekitians he would be killing at a whim.
you are a total disgrace,reproach and reprobate of a person...Your choice of words is in contradiction to what your brain us really asking you to say because it appears you had some schooling...But you are dumb..!!!!! Even your explanation reeks and oozes of bigotry because if not you would know the tertiary institutions of these country are not domesticated to indigenes alone...Oh yea but you wouldn't know that.

Shame on you...Because your likes feed on chaos and pandemonium,your likes are the reactors,reactants online without proferring any solutions...

You are only pained,disgruntled and bittered because soon there will be less bad news to whine and wail about like a stuck irish pig For you in Ekiti...Well there is an option to sue the government of the state...Oh i forgot you can't and won't see that because you only react and you are like a castrated goat very very useless except for consumption!!!!!QED

Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Jimmy231: 9:54am On Nov 21, 2017
omololu2020:
it's not a waste of human life,they know the law of ekiti state,is either you stop being a cultist or you get caught and killed,whether you are aiye or eiye,this two groups are murderers, so they deserve to be killed too

You have a point Aye and that Eiye there own waala too much... Shun cultism embrace buccaneers
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Richardabbey(m): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2017
All Biafrans Are Terrorist , Jubril Kill Dem All
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by NigerDeltan(m): 10:05am On Nov 21, 2017
Reminez:

What is this OSU saying

The guy is so stewp!d that I'm even ashamed to quote him
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by twilliamx(m): 10:06am On Nov 21, 2017
rozay12345:
In the twenty first century, the capital punishment is absurd, this is my personal opinion. No one has the right to take a human life not even government. The same cultist and terrorist are always empowered by politicians before and during elections. Personally, i believe the government should provide better security apparatus across the state, make security the business of the locals by reporting any thing that makes them suspicious, punishing all crimes as appropriate, reporting suspected cultist/terrorist and rehabilitating those who show remorse towards a better life. The death penalty is very stringent to me when you have not provided the underlying security apparatus. This same scenario has been proven several times, the death penalty for armed robbery, kidnapping has not stem their ugly tides. Let Government do its business part of providing good life and security before discussing capital punishment.

F u. Go and Google and see what cultist are doing to people's children . If you can kill that means you can die and die they will. By the time they use like 3 of them as an example then the rest will adjust.
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Olyboy16(m): 10:07am On Nov 21, 2017
dockokwus:

the bible said "be slow to anger", "the fruits of the tongue corrupts".

God made it clear in Ephesians among other books that there is no authority, no ruler, no law except those he has put in place. that is why he commands us to respect cosntituted authority because he own the minds of kings and rulers.
So, would you fault God's law and decisions through the rulers?
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by gabe: 10:07am On Nov 21, 2017
Homeboiy:
u'll just reduce Rivers population by half
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by Jackson042: 10:08am On Nov 21, 2017
The truth of the matter is, he knows the cult groups that he's signing death warrants for. I'm saying this because no politican in Nigeria now can tell me that they didn't involve directly or indirectly with cultists to attain their position. And before the cult can help that politician, he/she must join. Because at the end of the day, what all cult groups want is power. And what better way to get that than to have a politician in your pocket. So how can he sign death warrant for his own group? He's risking how he got his position been exposed. And I'm sure he doesn't want that.

Please don't get me wrong. I commend the man for taking such decision. But what I'm saying is, all this one is just initial graa graa... let them say we are working... that is Nigeria for you... Yes they will parade the cultists that they caught. But after that, it's to your tents oh Israel. Because the cultist has paid their dues.

If he really wants to tackle cultism, it's to start from the roots which is himself & other politicians. Because they are the ones who still sponsor the cultists. Then next, he goes after the police force. Before coming after the cultists themselves. Because now, they can't hide under any politician or law agency...
Re: The New Law For Ekiti Cultists As Fayose Signs Anti-cultism Bill Into Law (Pics) by billyG(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2017
This law is not all inclusive what of occult like ogboni which he belong,he shld hav add corruption to it too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"FG Building New Prison, Planning To Arrest Us In 2018" - Uche Secondus / Court Summons Emefiele Over $53m Paris Club Debt / Akpabio: My First Grandchild Died Due To Neglect At A Government Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.