Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

MAINA: If I Talk, EFCC Will Run - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MAINA: If I Talk, EFCC Will Run (933 Views)

Ibrahim Magu: EFCC Will Not Shield Any High Profile Corrupt Individual / Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again / Why Nia, Dss, Efcc Will Continue To Clash – Nsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAINA: If I Talk, EFCC Will Run by RipplesNigeria: 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
Former Chairman of the Presidential Pension Reform Team (PPRT) Abdurasheed Maina has challenges the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to an open debate on the issue of pension funds in the country.

Maina who spoke through his lawyer, Sani Katu, in Kadun, said, “Let’s meet at an open panel of investigation if the EFCC is truly straightforward. We urge the government to appoint an independent panel of investigation and see who will run out of Nigeria.”

The fugitive Maina who still insists that he is innocent of the allegations against him, said instead, it is the federal government that owes him money based on its whistle blower policy, since he helped recover stolen public funds.

Read Also : BUHARI: Without rule of law govt will degenerate into dictatorship, anarchy

He said, “In 2011, we stopped the stealing of N300 million daily from police pension. Also, in 2011, we stopped the stealing of N1.04 billion monthly from police pension allocations.

“Same 2011, we were able to stop the yearly stealing of N52.5 billion, which has been an annual ritual at the head of service pension

“It will interest you to know that between 2011 and 2012, the PRTT recovered cash and asset worth N1.63 trillion, which has been with the EFCC.

“Recalled that some pensioners petitioned the National Assembly to ensure that EFCC produced these recoveries so that Nigerians will know.

“The pensioners urged EFCC in their petition to stop diverting the attention of Nigerians from the N1.63 trillion towards an imaginary and concocted N2.1 billion fraud that EFCC Pension Fraud unit created, using coercion to hide the monies, some of them had stolen. The result is that conviction of the 43 alleged notorious pension cartel, which may never be possible.

Full details: https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/maina-talk-efcc-will-run/
Re: MAINA: If I Talk, EFCC Will Run by sarrki(m): 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
Then start talking

Nigerians need to know
Re: MAINA: If I Talk, EFCC Will Run by kalebsky: 12:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
All our leaders and ministries in dis country are bunch of rougues
Re: MAINA: If I Talk, EFCC Will Run by Hashimyussufamao(m): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2017
Maina has skeleton in his cupboard, why is it that it's now that he is being accused of embezzlement that he is now listing his achievements while in power, who send am? #Dis man is just trying to redeem his image something is fishy.
Re: MAINA: If I Talk, EFCC Will Run by yarimo(m): 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please Maina start talking so that people like GEJ and PEJ will be preparing for KUJE prison.
Re: MAINA: If I Talk, EFCC Will Run by Raddie(m): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
And the whistle blowing policy was in place then abi?
Re: MAINA: If I Talk, EFCC Will Run by clevvermind(m): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2017
It is long overdue. please talk and let's see who will run.
Re: MAINA: If I Talk, EFCC Will Run by aolawale025: 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
The man should be given a chance to talk.
Re: MAINA: If I Talk, EFCC Will Run by RZArecta(m): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
Maina should defend himself in court instead of all this stùpid comedy he's acting cool

(1) (Reply)

Are Wike And Secondus Working To Install Atiku? / 2019 : Ahmed Makarfi’s Presidential Bid Set To Tear PDP Apart / Breaking! Buhari Approves Governing Board Members of Agencies and Parastatals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.