Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Warning! Driving & Parking Rules In Benin-city Metropolis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Warning! Driving & Parking Rules In Benin-city Metropolis (717 Views)

Twin Blast Reported In Maiduguri Metropolis - Sahara Reporters / Breaking News: Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Wike- SaharaReporters / Flood Takes Over Kano Metropolis(photos ) - THISDAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warning! Driving & Parking Rules In Benin-city Metropolis by onezirozan: 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2010
Fellow Nairalanders,

If you are a visitor to the ancient city of Benin and you are driving through widened roads and enjoying free flowing traffic in the city centre, beware!!!!. As part of our administrations new revenue drive, there are some INVISIBLE PARKING RULES on STATE 'TRUNK B' ROADS.

1. For most roadways, you are only permitted to park on one side. the permitted side is USUALLY not indicated. Be wise, and park only where you see several, and I mean several other cars are parked.

2. If you must park, due to car trouble, IMMEDIATELY get out your C-Caution sign and display it before the Govt officials pounce on you. If you are leaving to get a mechanic, it is WISE to remove one of your tires. Some who placed caution signs and left, found their cars at the Govt. impound with their caution signs missing

3. If you do get caught, NEVER pay cash to any Govt. official. The maximum fine I hear is N13,000. Don't be deceived to part with large sums, under the guise that your offence will attract N25,000 - N50,000.

4. For one way roadways, which is usually NOT indicated (the sign behind unity bank on mission road has been removed to forestall dwindling revenue), drive slowly and follow other cars.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE. I HEAR THEY ARE REVIEWING THE PENALTY UPWARDS SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Warning! Driving & Parking Rules In Benin-city Metropolis by kosovo(m): 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2010
onezirozan:

Fellow Nairalanders,

If you are a visitor to the ancient city of Benin and you are driving through widened roads and enjoying free flowing traffic in the city centre, beware!!!!. As part of our administrations new revenue drive, there are some INVISIBLE PARKING RULES on STATE 'TRUNK B' ROADS.

I wish you and your administration all the best

(1) (Reply)

Terror Scare At Abuja Airport / Obama May Visit Nigeria Soon / Fg Buys N15b Equipment For Police.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.