Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri (5124 Views)

Obinna Ogba Visits Super Eagles Players During Training In Abuja. Photos / Jay Jay Okocha For 2010 World Cup / 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by snakova(m): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2010
FBS:

That guy na player. Just what the doc prescribed.
He should have already benched all those DM in SE. Though i see a Mikel, Haruna/Ajilore/Obiora, Ibrahim midfield as preferable. Dump all those Etuhu's, Ayila's, Olofinjana's e.t.c
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by snakova(m): 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2010
ayusco:

FATKUBU & LACKLUSTER UTAKA? I LAFF IN SIOUX INDIAN
Yak is the second best foreigner after Henry in EPL. Stop dissing the guy. He's had a season long lay-off and after recuperating i assure you would have a slot in lagerback's team. I dunno abt Utaka but as for Shittu, why do you think he's starved of playing time? Do you think its cos he didn't do well against mediocre opposition in ANC, or that he can't just cope with the pace of EPL? All he's good for is balooning the ball. Work rate or not, you need to be intelligent to survive today's game.
@topic
Lagerback is the man we'v bn waiting for to save our football. kudos to him. you aint seen nothing yet. When i saw the way he analysed what a striker's role is on UEFA.com, i knew there's more to him than meets the eye.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by Krayola(m): 4:54pm On Mar 25, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

This comment is unfair and in bad taste. Shuaibu can not get half the money Lagerback gets to run around. He doesn't get paid like Lagerback. Lagerback will surely get a better working environment from NFF than Shuaibu and at the end of the day, if Lagerback performs better, self-confidence of local coaches will be destroyed.

people become second-class citizens in their own country.

Is the amount of money made available to coaches to carry out their work made public? Just curious.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by slyk2(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2010
Many of this expected.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by alldone(m): 6:38pm On Mar 25, 2010
it is good for our football.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by obistico: 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2010
Dude . . . I thank God that someone has finally discovered Michael odibe , that guy is a very good footballer.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by Johnnoo(m): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2010
i hope it will land us where we are looking at
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by princekevo(m): 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2010
Now i can feel we have a coach, atleast he can spend time in travelling to Europe watch our boys play, and shop for the right players he needs. Not amodu who sits at home demanding N200million only to parade the same old players that got nothing to offer, jst a month b4 the WC.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by Redman44(m): 1:00am On Mar 26, 2010
Lars Lagerback has started well. I hope he'll not be corrupted by the Nigerian way of doing things smiley smiley We need a total overhaul of the Super Eagles Squad. We have many players in Europe who are very good but have been largely locked out of our national team because they don't have godfathers who will promote their interests in the national team. Lagerback should check the lower leagues in Europe for more Nigerian talent. Some of these dynamic players have not even been to Nigeria before. They were born in Europe to Nigerian parents or are half-caste [ Having at least a Nigerian parent ]. The NFF should also extend Lagerback's contract for 3 more years. He needs to be given time to prove himself. An English guy who lives in Sweden told me two days ago that Lagerback is not loved in his country. He criticised our coach badly. Anyway, I believe Lagerback will prove him wrong. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by fyneguy: 6:54am On Mar 26, 2010
By the time the new players perform below expectation, Nigerians will blame Lagerback for using inexperienced players.

I keep my fingers crossed
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by FBS: 7:43am On Mar 26, 2010
Lagerback happy with Eagles base

Technical Adviser Lars Lagerback inspected the Super Eagles Hampshire Hotel camp in Durban and came away pleased at what he saw, Media Coordinator Idah Peterside has said.

Lagerback is on a three-day tour of facilities that the Eagles will use during their time in South Africa, and Peterside says the Swede is so far impressed.

"We visited the hotel and the coach is very happy with it.

"The place has been renovated and put in the right shape for the World Cup and it has been approved by FIFA, so we don’t foresee any problems.

"We also looked at the training ground and the pitch is in good shape," Peterside said.

Lagerback and his team left for Bloemfontein on Thursday morning to assess the stadium where the Eagles will also play.

He is expected back in Abuja on Friday, and will be in Kano on Sunday to watch the Super Eagles B team play Niger in an African Nations Championship qualifier.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/14574/lagerback-happy-with-eagles-base.php
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by FBS: 7:46am On Mar 26, 2010
Lagerback praises 'strong' Yusuf Mohammed

Yusuf Mohammed's strong spirit has earned him praise from Super Eagles Technical Adviser Lars Lagerback, who visited the full back in Johannesburg on Thursday.

Mohammed, 25, was tore his Achilles tendon during the semi final match of the African Cup of Nations finals in Angola, against the Black Stars of Ghana, and was immediately flown to South Africa by the NFF where he had surgery and has been in recuperation.

“He’s a strong chap, and I particularly like his calmness and ambition. He’s very keen to get okay for the World Cup,” said Lagerback as he joined a delegation to visit with Mohammed in his abode in Johannesburg.

Also in the party were NFF President Sani Lulu Abdullahi, Technical Committee chairman Taiwo Ogunjobi, NFF Deputy General Secretary (Technical), Emmanuel Ikpeme and Super Eagles’ Team Secretary, Enebi Achor.

Mohammed is already walking without the aid of crutches and will resume light training in a week.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/14585/lagerback-praises-strong-yusuf-mohammed.php
------

That "was". . .na wa o!

Glad they visited the lad. Good move but why so many "delegates"?
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by FBS: 7:57am On Mar 26, 2010
Lagerback picks Kristiansson

Lars Lagerback has picked Swedish Football Association match analyst Ulf Kristiansson to join him in Nigeria for the World Cup.

The Swede had asked to bring three assistants along with him, an assistant coach, a match analyst and a physical trainer.

With Roland Andersson confirmed as his assistant, it was the identities of the match analyst and physical trainer that remained a mystery.

Kristiansson says he was asked last week and is happy to join up with his former boss.

"(It was) fun to be asked and an excellent opportunity to learn," Kristiansson said on the Swedish Football Association website.

"My time in Nigeria will begin in the month of May and throughout the World Cup. I was asked by Lars Lagerback at the end of last week and see it as an incredible boost."

Kristiansson, according to the Swedish football association, has worked for the last two years as match analyst for the SvFF.

He has also been youth coach at AIK, Hammarby and also worked as a senior coach. He is currently with Täby IS and also assists Sweden Under-19 women's coach Calle Barr Modeling.

From South Africa, he will join up with the squad in Germany for the FIFA Women's Under-20 World Cup.

"I will go directly from the World Cup in South Africa to Germany and the World Cup with the Swedish Under-20 women's squad," Kristiansson said.
----

Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by menek(m): 11:01am On Mar 26, 2010
We need strickers.if u check our matches in angola 2010 ball possesion has always bin 50% and above.we play well than ghana bt lose to them cos we fail 2 score. Our present strickers always want 2 bite d defenders, griddle d goalkeeper and walk freely into d net wit d ball, which is imposible. We need skilful strickers than can score from d 18 yard box.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by Marlbron: 11:34am On Mar 26, 2010
menek:

We need strickers.if u check our matches in angola 2010 ball possesion has always bin 50% and above.we play well than ghana bt lose to them cos we fail 2 score. Our present strickers always want 2 bite d defenders, griddle d goalkeeper and walk freely into d net wit d ball, which is imposible. We need skilful strickers than can score from d 18 yard box.

Which is why I wonder why that punk Amodu does not practice shooting with his boys after training. Lagerback needs to urgently corret that . Our players need o be able to place the ball from 25 yds.It could make the difference for our ambition to get to semifinal.

On the same topic, am disappointed that for 3 years, our Mikel has only scored one goal in the EPL. His shooting is and has always been poor and yet he has not taken the time to address it? Piss poor
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by semid4lyfe(m): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2010
Marlbron:

Which is why I wonder why that punk Amodu does not practice shooting with his boys after training. Lagerback needs to urgently corret that . Our players need o be able to place the ball from 25 yds.It could make the difference for our ambition to get to semifinal.

On the same topic, am disappointed that for 3 years, our Mikel has only scored one goal in the EPL. His shooting is and has always been poor and yet he has not taken the time to address it? Piss poor

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by deb(m): 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2010
This is a great development and exactly what a quality coach is expected to be doing.
If na Amodu, Nigerians will already know the players that will make it to the world cup and it wouldn't matter if they were injured or off form.

Thank God for Largerback.
Of course, these are the kind of persons, be it white or black, that the Nigerian media and fans should be clamouring for to be allowed to have a
long term contract irrespective of their short-term result if we are to be thinking like visionary people, but unfortunately we are in a country of short-sighted and impatient fans. A country made up of more of reactive people than the proactives. When we are supposed to fire we will not but once the war is over then we pick up arms. nonsense  lipsrsealed
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by enomakos(m): 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2010
is this odibe that good?any one had watch the guy?
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by cooltobex(m): 4:29pm On Mar 27, 2010
I'M GLAD HE HAS FOUND A NEW DEFENDER, COS' WE REALLY NEED LOTS OF THEM, I MEAN GOOD AND FORMIDABLE ONES WHO CAN STAND THEIR OWN AGAINST THE BEST OF THE BEST: LIONEL MESSI, GONZALO HIGUIAN, CARLOS TEVEZ, JAVIER MASCHERANO, SEBASTIEN VERON AND CO WILL SURELY TROUBLE OUR DEFENCE. THANKS LAGERBACK.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by honeric01(m): 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2010
Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri

what kinda headline is this?
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by galatico(m): 12:38pm On Mar 29, 2010
I hope he sends YOBO packing too!!!
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by Katsumoto: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2010
semid4lyfe:

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

But Mikel can improve his game if he wants to. The problem with Mikel is that he is big-headed and would rather spend his time partying.
I do not rate Beckham as a top footballer but I rate him as a top professional. The guy realised that he didn't have the skill or pace to beat anyone or the wings but he perfected his dead-ball delivery through several hours of self inflicted practice.
When will African players develop this kind of mentality.
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by deb(m): 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2010
, but that 'young' man is not really young o.
When I saw his pic I screamed, he should be 34yrs old at least lol cheesy
Re: Lagerback Discovers Youth Defender For 2010 World Cup: Obinna Nwaneri by SuperT(m): 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
Please go on with good work, you can still discover more good players, We need new and more commited players.
When they are young and new they so more commited.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament / Ronaldo Returns Lost Phone To Group Of Hot Girls In Vegas And 100% Has Sex / Picture Of Abedi Pele With Kids Andre And Jordan After 1992 Final with CV!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.