Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,302 members, 7,954,199 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:05 PM

Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled (1134 Views)

Aston Martin Unveils ₦7.6m Bicycle, Would You Buy It?(Photos) / Aston Martin Unveils N1.5 Billion Submarine (photos) / The 2019 Aston Martin DBX Design Has Been Completed And It’s Mirrorless (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by Bmedels26(f): 10:11am On Nov 22, 2017

Though Aston Martin had more than enough news in revealing the new V8 Vantage, it decided it needed to show one more thing: the Vantage GTE race car.

Obviously the body work is based on the road car, but it’s more aggressive. It has an even bigger version of the V8 Vantage’s massive grille. The hood gets extra vents. The exhaust now exits out the front fenders. And, of course, it gets a huge wing and equally monster diffuser. The interior is quite a bit different, though, with the comfy seats and leather trim gone in favor of a roll cage and bare carbon fiber components.

Under the skin, there are some similarities to the regular V8 Vantage. The main connection is the Vantage GTE’s engine, which is a version of the same 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged AMG V8 found in the road car. It makes more power than the street version with at least 530 horsepower. Torque is roughly the same, though. Instead of an eight-speed automatic, the Vantage GTE uses a six-speed sequential manual transmission. Both cars use double-wishbone suspension front and rear, but the GTE gets adjustable anti-roll bars and Ohlins adjustable shocks. The brakes are also upgraded to six-piston front calipers and four-piston rear calipers from Alcon.

It will start racing in the FIA World Endurance Championship in 2018.

More Photos:

Source: http://carfreaksng.com/2017/11/22/aston-martin-vantage-gte-race-car-unveiled/

Do not forget to share and like us on facebook fanpage (https://www.facebook.com/Carfreaksng-131713534093196/)
Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by optional1(f): 10:14am On Nov 22, 2017
who will give me this as a wedding present..
Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by greatface(m): 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2017
optional1:

who will give me this as a wedding present..

I would have but that monster can't ply Nigeria roads. cheesy

Look at it very well now, the body is almost kissing the road like they are set for romantic adventure. grin

1 Like

Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by greatface(m): 12:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
wetin con de in yansh now
Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by optional1(f): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
greatface:
I would have but that monster can't ply Nigeria roads. cheesy

Look at it very well now, the body is almost kissing the road like they are set for romantic adventure. grin

i won't live in Nigeria after wedding day..

So u can pay for it wen i reach there i will pick it up.

Thank you..
Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by greatface(m): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2017
optional1:

i won't live in Nigeria after wedding day..

So u can pay for it wen i reach there i will pick it up.

Thank you..
Ok then, just forward your details to my secretary. I will pay and ask the company to ship it to your new address.gringrin

One more thing, well you like it customized? Like; with your name and mine in gold or diamond if you prefer. grincheesygrin
Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by optional1(f): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
That you female secretary that is alwayz jealous whenever a lady send her details to her..

greatface:
Ok then, just forward your details to my secretary. I will pay and ask the company to ship it to your new address.gringrin

One more thing, well you like it customized? Like; with your name and mine in gold or diamond if you prefer. grincheesygrin

customized with you name and mine in gold..
Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by greatface(m): 1:17am On Nov 23, 2017
optional1:
That you female secretary that is alwayz jealous whenever a lady send her details to her..
Let her know you will report her. She will back off and turn nice. She is afraid of losing her job.

customized with you name and mine in gold..

lovely...cheesygrincheesy

1 Like

Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by wtfcoded: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
greatface:
wetin con de in yansh now
na tray wey e go dey use park im sh!t
Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by greatface(m): 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
wtfcoded:
na tray wey e go dey use park im sh!t
I no understand oo. Na when moto begin shit
Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by greatface(m): 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
greatface:

Omo Nairaland don turn english teacher o. see as e change sh!t we I write to poo.
Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by wtfcoded: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
greatface:

i don't know, maybe u should ask op or GAZZUZZ, they know better.
Re: Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled by greatface(m): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2017
wtfcoded:

i don't know, maybe u should ask op or GAZZUZZ, they know better.
I don't have gazzuzz contacts. Maybe you should help me ask him while I ask OP.

(1) (Reply)

Lala's Baby Snake / Advise On Odessy 97-99 / Toyota Corolla Dashboard Signal Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.