Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,869 members, 7,841,261 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Pray For Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For Nigeria (615 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force / Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray For Nigeria by trekkie: 5:02am On Mar 25, 2010
i remembered that i was taught in social studies that people used to leave their goods by the side of the road, put an indicator of the price and walk away. sure enough, they would come later to either meet the item there if it was not bought or the money waiting at the same spot. when, how, why has it happened that even basic moral behaviour has flown out of our psyche? nigerians were not theiving, corrupt, conniving me first people that we are today.
elections are looming and we know that some power hungry nigerians will do anything including kidnapping,ritual killing etc in their misguided attempt to seize power by any means necessary. please let true christians stand up NOW to begin to pray.
1. no attempt to kidnap people should succeed.
2. the lord should send his angels to pull down evil altars used for human sacrifice.
3. no assasination attempt should suceed.
4. child kidnappers should meet their waterloo.
5. no child should be used for rituals.
6. all politicians who want to enter power by evil/or crooked means should not get it.
add your own prayer points as you think of it.

in addition to prayer we should endeavour to do the right thing. do not keep quiet when you see evil/injustice etc. you may not be able to stop it but for evil to prevail let the good men keep quiet.
do not get involved in unrighteouse living, e.g illegal nepa connetions, pay your taxes, do not use free browsing to connect illegally, may the attempt to save N2,500 or N 10,000 subscription fee not send some people to hell. do not give or receive bribes, respect the elderly, respect your parents. don't cut corners and do a shoddy job if you are asked to execute a project. please help to add the things we do that should not be found in the life of a believer. the saddest part of this is that even religious leaders are no better so how do they want to advise their flock?the question i ask believers is how much is your soul worth? this is just trekkie's two cents.
Re: Pray For Nigeria by jagunlabi(m): 8:05am On Mar 25, 2010
Haven't such prayers been whispered, yelled, microphoned, and screamed by nigerians for eons?Have they ever been effective?I think nigerians need to become sane again inside them to effect any meaningful change to the world they live in.

Nigeria is the outward mirroring of what we nigerians have become on the inside.We need to clean up.Self improvement is the only way to make the country better.We all know this but we run away because it is too tough a responsibility for us to handle.We'd rather point fingers of blame at others while we shift responsibilites to the bearded one and his angels living up in the heavens somewhere.
trekkie:

1. no attempt to kidnap people should succeed.
2. the lord should send his angels to pull down evil altars used for human sacrifice.
3. no assasination attempt should suceed.
4. child kidnappers should meet their waterloo.
5. no child should be used for rituals.
6. all politicians who want to enter power by evil/or crooked means should not get it.
add your own prayer points as you think of it.

Re: Pray For Nigeria by freshera: 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2010
I agree with Jagunlabi. Whether we pray or not, God will NOT come down and

1. repair the deadly roads. Human beings have to repair them. If they are repaired, accidents will definitely REDUCE, no need for prayer.

2.enforce security. Human beings have to enforce security on the streets.

3. Infact God will be watching as they are rigging elections and smiling at our foolishness. Human beings have always had to fight for themselves. No angel will do that. All prosperous countries had human beings who fought for them, NOT God.

The thing is, prayer is not always the ONLY solution.
Re: Pray For Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 12:30pm On Mar 25, 2010
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Unknown
Re: Pray For Nigeria by trekkie: 1:04am On Mar 26, 2010
you guys are correct,  to an extent. to say that prayer is not needed is to deny the spiritual part of man. yes we have to take positive action to back up our prayers as i mentioned.
now what do you have to say regarding politicians who resort to voodoo practices in order to secure political appointments. what gets me mad is that the people are being killed for sacrifices so that these men/women come in only to oppress the people. 

@ manmustwac. i have watched and admired your handling of the religious section and i think you are fair (ie. give all parties a fair hearing) i have seen some decisions you have taken and concluded that integrity is something you hold dear. now i beg to differ.
two hands clasped in prayer is worth a thousand hands clenched in work.
trekkie

which do you think is better- labour or favour?

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Sin? / The Difference Between Paradise And Heaven? / What Is Your Favourite Worship Or Praise Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.