Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ (40565 Views)

Zimbabwe Military Takeover Live Updates: Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest / Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe / Robert Mugabe Agrees To Step Down, Negotiates For Grace To Leave Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by einsteine(m): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mugabe's problem was pandering to his wife. Some women are like viruses, destroying everybody that helps them. That's what Grace has Done to the old man.

1 Like

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by einsteine(m): 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2017
chronique:

it wont work. not in africa.

The ones that installed their sons(e.g Togo, Gabon) or who gave the treasury to their daughters (e.g Angola), are they not in Africa?

In fact, handing over to family members is more likely to happen in Africa.
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by FRANKOSKI(m): 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
FOR TO EVERYTHING THERE'S TIME.
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by lindabon: 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
mysteryman2014:
Grace Gucci led to his down fall.
einsteine:
Mugabe's problem was pandering to his wife. Some women are like viruses, destroying everybody that helps them. That's what Grace has Done to the old man.

That's it....as always lets blame the woman. From the days of Eve till now, women are still meant to take all the blame.

No. Mugabe was the leader of his country. He failed his people. He suffered them, killed them, raped them, abused them and took hope away from them. He takes FULL responsibility for the plight of Zimbabweans, NOT GRACE. Grace is an opportunists, but Grace Mugabe is not the President of Zimbabwe; Robert Mugabe is!
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by engrchykae(m): 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
Even China have joined the league of imperialists,africa is finished
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by lindabon: 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
engrchykae:

They will keep coming at us but do not despair. All these countries coming for us have had bad years before they got to the good years.

It will only take one good leader to come out of Africa and everything changes. I know it will happens, my prayer is just that I hope it happens in my time.
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by MissRaine69(f): 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
That read just like all the other articles currently online ...heresy
There is no proof in that article besides our own country has huge issues of its own at least their president “governed” in the same country he lived in.

1 Like

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by MissRaine69(f): 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2017
engrchykae:
You just noticed?
Every country is China’s bytch now and not just in Africa!
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by codemaniacs: 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2017
kk
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by Mirallas: 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
lindabon:

They will keep coming at us but do not despair. All these countries coming for us have had bad years before they got to the good years.

It will only take one good leader to come out of Africa and everything changes. I know it will happens, my prayer is just that I hope it happens in my time.
Exactly, I know it will get better, but I want it to happen in this generation beckons either we like it or not we are still slave to this whit folks but it is just in a silent and systematic way. I have. A lot to say, but lazy to type.
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by chronique(m): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
einsteine:

The ones that installed their sons(e.g Togo, Gabon) or who gave the treasury to their daughters (e.g Angola), are they not in Africa?

In fact, handing over to family members is more likely to happen in Africa.

really? havent been following most of these politics on the african continent though.
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by Viking007(m): 6:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
lightblazingnow:
Things are hard for you because the right solution hasn't arrived, when the keys and the helps starts flowing it seems life is easy.

It's good you experience the hard part right now, so that you could learn to manage wealth.

There is nothing which escape the ears and eyes of the all seeing, all loving creator.

Ride along folks, there is light in the end of the dark Kingdom and the Daystar will surely arise within you.
Amen. smiley
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by Wristler: 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
What a journalistic piece
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by MissRaine69(f): 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
codemaniacs:

You're wrong, every country is Africa's bitch but the politicians in black African countries are puppets, dull and materialistic..
China has the world in a chokehold ...believe what you want at the end of the day.
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by codemaniacs: 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
ll

1 Like

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by engrchykae(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
lindabon:

my dear that won't be possible again because European and American imperialists have been joined by the Asian imperialists coupled with the fact that black Africans myopic,clannish and ready to sell the continent as long as the money can provide women and drinks.
Its over.
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by kjhova(m): 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
9iceDaniel:
Mugabe did not know when to bid goodbye.
This is one of the things affecting Africa as a whole.
Self-centeredness is the order of the day.
God bless Nigeria.

Are you suggesting that Russia is an African country? Cuz Vladimir Putin ain't leaving so soon. There are many long term self serving dictators across the globe so don't limit this to Africans only.

1 Like

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by MrPresident1: 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
einsteine:

Wait, you are actually asking if Mugabe is a despot? Like seriously? If he isn't, who is?

despot
a ruler or other person who holds absolute power, typically one who exercises it in a cruel or oppressive way.

So Mugabe is now a despot?

You Africans are now completely owned cheesy

SLAVES!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by einsteine(m): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
MrPresident1:

despot
a ruler or other person who holds absolute power, typically one who exercises it in a cruel or oppressive way.

So Mugabe is now a despot?

You Africans are now completely owned cheesy

SLAVES!!!!

Come on, quit with the African bullshit. Any neutral observer can see that Mugabe is not just a despot but an ineffective ruler that plunged his country into serious economic crises. 1 bitcoin is 12000 usd in Zimbabwe and 8000 usd elsewhere. You know why? Because of Mugabe's poor economic and political policies. A man who has jailed and threatened political opponents, ignored the rule of law and allowed his wife make mockery of governance. You better wash your eyes so you can see well rather than going on with the African nonsense.
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by MrPresident1: 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
einsteine:

Come on, quit with the African bullshit. Any neutral observer can see that Mugabe is not just a despot but an ineffective ruler that plunged his country into serious economic crises. 1 bitcoin is 12000 usd in Zimbabwe and 8000 usd elsewhere. You know why? Because of Mugabe's poor economic and political policies. A man who has jailed and threatened political opponents, ignored the rule of law and allowed his wife make mockery of governance. You better wash your eyes so you can see well rather than going on with the African nonsense.

My brother, you are owned cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by einsteine(m): 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
lindabon:

That's it....as always lets blame the woman. From the days of Eve till now, women are still meant to take all the blame.

No. Mugabe was the leader of his country. He failed his people. He suffered them, killed them, raped them, abused them and took hope away from them. He takes FULL responsibility for the plight of Zimbabweans, NOT GRACE. Grace is an opportunists, but Grace Mugabe is not the President of Zimbabwe; Robert Mugabe is!

It still does not change the fact that the military was on Mugabe's side until Grace had an unnecessary taste for power. Neither does it change the fact that the behavior of the women empowered by Nigeria's former president (including his wife) hastened his downfall. Women, particularly here in Africa, are not politically adept and are thus likely to cause both destruction for those who empower them and themselves when they attempt to navigate the political terrain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
no wonder bible kicked against women in power

1 Like

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by enonche85(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
fecta:
Guy shorten this super story na
BTW

Please i need help oooo
How can i finish 10gb in just 5 days
With glo for that matter

If u are in lagos where glo network is better, download movies with ur laptop!
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
Guyman02:
All pained Western journalists can go and hang, the blacks will never return the lands Mugabe redistributed to them to any White man

Who elected the Queen as Head of State of britain and when will she resign?
God bless you for this comment. Mr Crocodile might give back lands to the Europeans Mugabe expelled.
About the Queen, most people would say, it is just a ceremonial post meanwhile, the Queen endorses prime minister before he/she resumes work. The Queen is a supreme leader that, they see her as a perfectionist.

2 Likes

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by chopcy(m): 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
lightblazingnow:
Things are hard for you because the right solution hasn't arrived, when the keys and the helps starts flowing it seems life is easy.

It's good you experience the hard part right now, so that you could learn to manage wealth.

There is nothing which escape the ears and eyes of the all seeing, all loving creator.

Ride along folks, there is light in the end of the dark Kingdom and the Daystar will surely arise within you.
other's use their first to comment ''wateva'' to type trash but you choose to make sense...God bless you man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by Mkolayinka(m): 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
One sided story from the British mail that tends to put us (Africans) down. Thanks for the detailed unbalanced reportage from British media.
It is an open secret that the old man from Zimbabwe bruised the Western power's ego for a long time with his land redistribution policy.
Mugabe resisted for such a long time though the economy paid dearly for it.
They made mention of the Chinese, USA and UK have not been able to partake in the constant rape of Zimbabwe. So they are envious of the Chinese making in road into their old territories.
My joy is that the people of Zimbabwe were able to solve their problems without the western connivance.
Let the imperialists hold their poisonous chalice.
Can we forget so soon how their interventions made Iraq and Libya become failed states.
Leave Africans alone to solve our problems. Since the turn of the century, Africans are becoming more stable politically. So let us learn at our pace with our home grown democracy.

1 Like

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by cstr1000: 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
lol @ those who think china will be better than the west.

Atleast the west have democracy and human rights to restrain them. What does china have as its guiding principle?
Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by cstr1000: 8:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mkolayinka:
One sided story from the British mail that tends to put us (Africans) down. Thanks for the detailed unbalanced reportage from British media.
It is an open secret that the old man from Zimbabwe bruised the Western power's ego for a long time with his land redistribution policy.
Mugabe resisted for such a long time though the economy paid dearly for it.
They made mention of the Chinese, USA and UK have not been able to partake in the constant rape of Zimbabwe. So they are envious of the Chinese making in road into their old territories.
My joy is that the people of Zimbabwe were able to solve their problems without the western connivance.
Let the imperialists hold their poisonous chalice.
Can we forget so soon how their interventions made Iraq and Libya become failed states.
Leave Africans alone to solve our problems. Since the turn of the century, Africans are becoming more stable politically. So let us learn at our pace with our home grown democracy.
The west have no business with Zimbabwe. They don't mine anything there.
Stop making the west more powerful than they are.

China is the one calling the shots in Zimbabwe with regards to their resources. They have a lot to gain than the west.

1 Like

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by lenghtinny(m): 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
lindabon:

You are talking off point my dear....

Mugabe was not removed because he was a bad leader, but because he wanted to install grace as his successor. The climax was the sacking of the vice president.
People blaming the wife are right as far as the game called politics is concerned.

1 Like

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by selfemployed(m): 10:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mugabe's biggest mistake was not in sacking the VP, but in allowing him to be free after the sack. A wounded lion is more dangerous when its free.

1 Like

Re: How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ by holyfather(m): 11:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
selfemployed:
Mugabe's biggest mistake was not in sacking the VP, but in allowing him to be free after the sack. A wounded lion is more dangerous when its free.
IBB wouldn't try that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Matt Hancock Resigns As Britain's Health Secretary Over Kissing Scandal / President Trump Develops Fever, Flown To Walter Reed Hospital / Aso Ebi For Biden/Harris Inauguration From Africa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.