Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba (32528 Views)

Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife / Ooni Visits Abia State, Preaches Peace, Suggests New Name For IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Alariiwo: 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
mofedamijo:

Abeg ooo,u see the yorubas re just kind hearted,they dont really mind who the chairman is,but lately igbos re feeling too fly thats y the yorubas re taking every slot back,funny enuf,if two yorubas re fighting any other tribe,most times yorubas will support the other tribes n tell the yoruba to leave the other tribe person alone.....nowadays i see more igbo conductors n danfo drivers,n yet the yorubas dont care,even the agberos give them thier respect n treat them differently,the agberos il b like omo igbo owo mi da,ma ba e ja ooo( igbo boy wey my money i go fight u ooo),n yet hin go leave the igbo guy,buh if na yoruba conductors hin go beat them comot seat join,but can a yoruba man be a driver in the east,i doubt...yorubas re accomodating,go to the island,hausas full thier,yorubas still mingle with them,just that the hausas dont chest beat n they respect each other...........i love the yorubas jare,am yoruba already sef....

We love you too.. Infact I'll gladly host you and arrange my aunt for you if you want.

We want reasonable people with brain around us, not empty chestbeaters who know nothing, only to make noise and showcase their inferiority complex.

Even the Most High despises arrogant people.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Okoyiboz3: 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
mofedamijo:

Abeg ooo,u see the yorubas re just kind hearted,they dont really mind who the chairman is,but lately igbos re feeling too fly thats y the yorubas re taking every slot back,funny enuf,if two yorubas re fighting any other tribe,most times yorubas will support the other tribes n tell the yoruba to leave the other tribe person alone.....nowadays i see more igbo conductors n danfo drivers,n yet the yorubas dont care,even the agberos give them thier respect n treat them differently,the agberos il b like omo igbo owo mi da,ma ba e ja ooo( igbo boy wey my money i go fight u ooo),n yet hin go leave the igbo guy,buh if na yoruba conductors hin go beat them comot seat join,but can a yoruba man be a driver in the east,i doubt...yorubas re accomodating,go to the island,hausas full thier,yorubas still mingle with them,just that the hausas dont chest beat n they respect each other...........i love the yorubas jare,am yoruba already sef....

I've been to 4 out of the 5 SE states and lived there upwards of 5 years. I was in the East when the Governor of the Igbo state of Abia sacked all Igbo workers from Imo state.

In the East, if you're a Yoruba man, they won't sell a square inch of land to you. Even if you buy land, their civil servants would NEVER process your CofO.

I know that them veery well and understand how they think. When I was there, some foolish ones were calling me ofem.manu to my face thinking I didn't know the meaning but I just smiled.

It's not by noise, their wings would be clipped in this Lagos.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Ttipsy(f): 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
rubbish
Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Torontoparrot(m): 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
wifeless ogboni king...
wanted to type some stuffs but after seeing your moniker i hands up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Okoyiboz3: 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

We must raise that awareness and consciousness amongst our people, enough of the niceness to Igbos we must show authority in Lagos.

Lagos is no more the capital of Nigeria, they should move to Abuja and go and drag power with Gwaris and Hausa-Fulani.

All inner city roads named after Igbos must be changed.

Street naming is the duty of the Local Governments and getting a street named after you is not a right, it's a privilege. You can't be insulting us and we'll be immortalising your name in our documents and records.

They've beaten the drum and must be forced to dance to the rhythm of the drum they beat.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by bakynes(m): 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Street naming is the duty of the Local Governments and getting a street named after you is not a privilege, it's a right. You can't be insulting us and we'll be immortalising your name in our documents and records.

They've beaten the drum and must be forced to dance to the rhythm of the drum they beat.
That is another issue we must table, I will do my own part in the next LG election in 2yrs time.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by mofedamijo(m): 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

You are right, even in my Church, my Pastor (Yoruba man) gifted an Igbo teenager with 5k for always coming to Church early. He knows his Parents are not too buoyant financially because they stay in an Uncompleted building on my street.

There is an Old student association I went with my mum, Christ Apostolic school Ketu of-course founded and built by a Yoruba Church and an Igbo man is the Vice-President of the association. All these and many more are some of the privileges we give to Igbos in Lagos.

We are the less tribalistic tribe amongst the 3 major tribes, we welcome everybody into our midst.
Certainly the yorubes av no time for tribalism.......even in universities in south west yoruba gives free hand n igbos occupy high positions,even drag positions with yorubas,n not that we dont have yorubas who re meant to take such positions,but because they believe its not for them alone,educated n sensible pple,if igbos wer the owners of Lagos,egbene ooooo,nobody il av quater plot of land,and they il molest pple ehn....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Okoyiboz3: 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

That is another issue we must table, I will do my own part in the next LG election in 2yrs time.

If the guys at the LG level get to hear this, they'll adopt it wholeheartedly. I'm telling you as a matter of fact that bureaucrats in Lagos also see the nonsense these Igbos do.

Right now in Lagos, getting land from the government as an Igbo man is near impossible. They're replacing them with people from the SS.

We give them land and property they turn around to curse us and insult our Kings. That land would swallow them.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by obaaderemi: 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
Batam:
I hope that baba Ajayi bembe and his followers ethnic bigots are reading this news.
Lagos is a Yoruba land and not bini or Igbo land
How can Lagos be Bini land?Even the name Bini is a Yoruba word "Ibinu". grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Okoyiboz3: 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
mofedamijo:

Certainly the yorubes av no time for tribalism.......even in universities in south west yoruba gives free hand n igbos occupy high positions,even drag positions with yorubas,n not that we dont have yorubas who re meant to take such positions,but because they believe its not for them alone,educated n sensible pple,if igbos wer the owners of Lagos,egbene ooooo,nobody il av quater plot of land,and they il molest pple ehn....

Hezekiah Oluwasanmi was supposed to be appointed the first VC of University of Ibadan as he floored other applicants but Nnamdi Azikiwe gave it to Kenneth Dike. Out of anger, the Western Region founded Obafemi Awolowo University and Hezekiah Oluwasanmi was the first VC.

Would you believe that this same Kenneth Dike abandoned Nigeria and supported BIafra during the Civil War?

That's why these people must be cut off from all benefits here. Let them go and develop their states. They come to Rob and kidnap in Lagos and use the money to collect chieftaincy titles in their muddy states.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by mofedamijo(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

You are right, even in my Church, my Pastor (Yoruba man) gifted an Igbo teenager with 5k for always coming to Church early. He knows his Parents are not too buoyant financially because they stay in an Uncompleted building on my street.

There is an Old student association I went with my mum, Christ Apostolic school Ketu of-course founded and built by a Yoruba Church and an Igbo man is the Vice-President of the association. All these and many more are some of the privileges we give to Igbos in Lagos.

We are the less tribalistic tribe amongst the 3 major tribes, we welcome everybody into our midst.
Okoyiboz3:

Street naming is the duty of the Local Governments and getting a street named after you is not a privilege, it's a right. You can't be insulting us and we'll be immortalising your name in our documents and records.

Okoyiboz3:

Okoyiboz3:

Egbon abeg tamper justice with mercy biko......they will start behaving..

1 Like

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
Guyman02:
But Oba of Lagos said Lagos does not belong to Yorubas, why are they desperate to lay claim to Lagos by bringing the Ooni to the assembly, the language that should be spoken in that Assembly should be Bini Esan language, there is nothing like Ooni of Lagos, his jurisdiction ends at Ile-Ife wink
Those ones are bloggers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Viergeachar: 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
This will definitely leave looonatic flatiyeasterners and their cohorts depressed grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by femolii: 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
We are ready with igbos this time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Oloripelebe: 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
Kabiyesi ooooo grin angry angry grin grin

Ikubabayeye, Alaase ikeji Orisa. grin angry grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by ibedun: 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Street naming is the duty of the Local Governments and getting a street named after you is not a right, it's a privilege. You can't be insulting us and we'll be immortalising your name in our documents and records.

This is NOT negotiable, all igbo named streets must Go!!!!!!

They must be forced back to the East. NIGERIA is a federation of tribal states.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by ibedun: 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
mofedamijo:

Egbon abeg tamper justice with mercy biko......they will start behaving..

They don climb tree pass leaves (won tI gun igi ko ja ewe), mad people dem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by akigbemaru: 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
Guyman02:
But Oba of Lagos said Lagos does not belong to Yorubas, why are they desperate to lay claim to Lagos by bringing the Ooni to the assembly, the language that should be spoken in that Assembly should be Bini Esan language, there is nothing like Ooni of Lagos, his jurisdiction ends at Ile-Ife wink
Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by akigbemaru: 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
fecta:
Please if you see this people in your street call them for me.
Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2017
Torontoparrot:
wanted to type some stuffs but after seeing your moniker i hands up
gerrout of here joor
Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Torontoparrot(m): 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
gerrout of here joor
ok bye
Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by femolii: 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
obaaderemi:
How can Lagos be Bini land?Even the name Bini is a Yoruba word "Ibinu". grin
U are right, benin with the same size with ore

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
wifeless ogboni king...
ipob's terrorist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2017
Keneking:
I am sure he would be paid sitting allowance..

When is Oba Rilwan visiting Osun State House of Assembly
he was in Ibadan yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
sicobamty2:
ipob's terrorist.
Re: Ooni Visits Lagos Assembly, Watches Proceedings In Yoruba by Gotze1: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

See the hypocrites who want to contest in Lagos but can't allow someone contest in their land.

You dey mind them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Magic Of Calabar And Their Women / Can Black Magic(juju)be Sent To Someone Abroad / Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.