Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) (32542 Views)

Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) / Village Women Gathered To Flog Man Who Beats His Wife (Photos) / Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by kenechukwujeo50: 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
Anambra State Government on Friday recorded their first case of coronavirus, which prompted the state to issue a press release on additional 14days lockdown and closure of all parks in the state, in a bid to manage the novel Pandemic.

During the second phase lockdown in the State, checkmating the coronavirus pandemic on Easter Monday, being 13th of April 2020, Anaedoonline gathered that masquerades were seen in some parts of Nnewi, fighting and exchanging some cane in the spirt of Easter celebration.

An eyewitness who spoke to Anaedoonline revealed that this fun stated on Sunday and he said

"This is easter, this is how we do it every year, starting from easter Sunday, it's not something new, it's regular and normal, though we are not much due to COVID-19 pandemic we limited ourself not to be many but few, other people are doing their own but it is in their various quarters, as you can see we are in front of our place''

During this small show, Anaedoonline gathered that some security personnel were seen moving people away from the crowd gathering, which has breached the stipulated social distancing order from the state government, used to checkmate the novel virus.

Anaedoonline gathered that people were entertained over the show put up by the masquerades.

See the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flAuy00R2qc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by Inkling(f): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Great

I hope this will bring end to Covid - 19

8 Likes

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by Orion01(m): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Egungun be careful
Corona you go get grin.

This lockdown no funny oh.
Hope say another batch of Food distribution dey because men go enter street oo

In other news...

33 Likes

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by drajjay: 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Covid-19 madness you mean.
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by Arrogantbro(m): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Stupidity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by itsIYKE(m): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Njs
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by FREEMADNESS: 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
egungun sef nid to cum make money cox d lockdown is turning to something else.

God help us o

I Neva buy d Bentley wey I talk say I go buy b4 d year runs out.

Make our new year resolution no waste IJN

#NPG

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by Akanoaaa(m): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Lol.. Masquerades sef dey celebrate the restoration of our Lord. One bottle of anointing oil for una. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by itsIYKE(m): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hsshh
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by Ameeria: 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Covid is affecting even the gods cheesy
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by teehay45(m): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Anything to cure this Corona madness.
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Damn

4 Likes

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by itsIYKE(m): 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ahh
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by Coronavirus84: 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Egungun becareful
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by PureGoldh(m): 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Omenala Amaka Mana fa jiri yaa nwayoo maka ipiatu onye aguu ji aka

My people,if you need Raw Unadulterated Honey... Contact 081 0166 6771 now let's talk about it...Stay safe..No hug/handshake dx period

1 Like

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by Millz404(m): 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Somebody should tell corona that she has overstayed her uninvited visit
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by makewetalk2: 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
it is allowed. they should carry on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by DIVINE78: 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Well done boys.
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by StupidNLmods: 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
It's their way...
I remember last December when i travelled to my town in Anambra i almost killed one masquerade that flogged me because i didn't give him money, my eyes red no be small. The last time i felt such pain was 15 years ago in ss3. If not for boys wey hold me... they told me if i did it other masquerades plus the people there would face me and i can't kill all of them. I kukuma patted my pistol but vowed never to spare 1kobo to any masquerade even if I'm a billionaire angry

9 Likes

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by DropsMic(m): 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
Lovely
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
angry

2 Likes

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by watchindelta(m): 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
The gods are celebrating Easter too na undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by LibertyRep: 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
Masquerade
Easter
What's the correlation?
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
I pray to Almighty God by his mighty power to continue to be healing those that have already been texted positive for this useless coronavirus in abundance.... And continue by his mighty power to continue to be protecting us from been contacting it... no matter how bad it is, it will never know it way and direction to our household including all our friends and all our neighbors amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by infini771: 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by chukwuibuipob: 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
sad dear Nairalanders.if u must go out,drop ur ATM,phone at home pls,boys aren’t smiling oooo,No paddy for jungle.

1 Like

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by NekkyCee(f): 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
I remember sometime in December 2019, I went for a trad @ Umuawulu, Anambra. I found myself in the midst of close to 10 masquerades, they were all holding long canes. Omo! It wasn't funny at first, but then I managed to leave there untouched. I laughed so hard afterwards grin
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by masterP042(m): 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
All these church brain washed people castigating and trying to bring down our culture. Omenala igbo ga adigide.
We need to catch our own fun our own way.
You all that celebrate Halloween but castigate our mmonwu, na kolo mentality dey worry una.
Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by UncleSnr(m): 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
Good For the culture.
Corona knows not the spirit.

Re: Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) by Omoluabi16(m): 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
happy people. It's not so much fun here in lagos!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Prettiest African Woman / Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? / Alaafin Of Oyo Welcomes Baby Boy With Bolanle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.