Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome (1679 Views)

Beware Of House On The Rock Church & It's Members / Church: It Is Time To Shake Off The Distraction / Should Be Possible To Practice Christianity Without Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 3:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
Every false doctrines, ordinances,intimidation of church members to get them pay tithe, falsely distortion of church members financially by making them believe they are financing Gods work,inequality between church members and their pastors ,etc are all activities of churches. It reflects the mind of a typical human as the scripture puts it.

The heart of man is desperately wicked.

This explains why God wanted to be the only king of the Israelites who were craving for human king just like every other nations of the world .
But God told them, this human king will take your possessions and enrich himself, he will oppress you and you will remain poor and unproductive under his rule.
But the Israelites insisted, they want a king.
So, God gave them Saul.

Now, pastors are mere humans they can never be different from Saul, its not possible.

To this note, Jesus who died and resurrected had it at the back of his mind that he want to make you free from every form of human oppression.
Every tithe, ordinances, distortions, brain washing, intimidation from human pastors.

So, he made you his temple where you have direct assess to him without any building or church.
He made you an epitome of worship through Christ, such that you don't need any building or church to worship him.
He made you priests through Christ where you have direct assess to him without any pastor or man of God or any tithe.

But unfortunately, a lot of you don't know these things, therefore you will continue to remain oppressed by your pastors until you set yourselves free by stop going.

If you remain in your house nobody will approach you on Sunday's and ask you to pay tithe.

3 Likes

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by smoy: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
after all no evidence of Jesus ever attend church in the bible

4 Likes

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
smoy:
The few times Jesus went to the synagogue, there was one problem or the other.
It's either they were buying and selling there, or they will argue with him, or the disciples admiring the temple building(like Nigerians admiring Canaan land at ota and currently in kenya) which Jesus told them it will collapse someday.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by smoy: 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
paxonel:

The few times Jesus went to the synagogue, there was one problem or the other.
It's either they were buying and selling there, or they will argue with him, or the disciples admiring the temple building(like Nigerians admiring Canaan land at ota and currently in kenya) which Jesus told them it will collapse someday.
sure my brother, even Christianity was never precise by Jesus, never.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:23am On Nov 23, 2017
Christianity without the Church will be like religion without God
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by kachi19: 11:53am On Nov 23, 2017
naaa It's same christ who gave THE GREAT COMMISSION and however he says When two or three are gathered in his name, he's present. The church has been seen as a body... there's no religion since the beginning of time that didn't have a place to GATHER and WORSHIP, it's what makes it complete... sadly we are humans and evil is in everyone of us but your religion is in ur heart you can be better than most and besides Christianity is free and of freewill

1 Like

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Niflheim(m): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
@op,

This is the part that I love most about your post:....................................................."this human king will take your possessions and enrich himself, he will oppress you and you will remain poor and unproductive!!!"

And it is so true!!!

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by donnie(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
That will be NO Christianity
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Where in the scripture?
Also note that THE CHURCH and church are two different thing.
THE CHURCH is the saved people, which is the body of Christ.
while church is church building where people go every Sunday. That one is religion, we were not expected to be doing all that. Going to church
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
kachi19:
naaa It's same christ who gave THE GREAT COMMISSION and however he says When two or three are gathered in his name, he's present. The church has been seen as a body... there's no religion since the beginning of time that didn't have a place to GATHER and WORSHIP, it's what makes it complete... sadly we are humans and evil is in everyone of us but your religion is in ur heart you can be better than most and besides Christianity is free and of freewill
The commission was to preach and convert non christians into christianity and not to gather them.
Even if it requires gathering them, then they should be given orientation on what christianity is all about, that it is not a religion of gathering. After which they should set them free and let them go and not to come back again( they already have their bible with them) and let them live their lives with the knowledge and understanding

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 6:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
Niflheim:
@op,

This is the part that I love most about your post:....................................................."this human king will take your possessions and enrich himself, he will oppress you and you will remain poor and unproductive!!!"

And it is so true!!!
A typical of what pastors are doing

1 Like

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by godisgood200: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
What is Gods (YHWH's) religion? What was the name of the religion he gave to Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Daniel all the kings and prophets?

When Jesus came, what was the name of the religion he gave to his disciples?
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by godisgood200: 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
paxonel:

The commission was to preach and convert non christians into christianity and not to gather them.
Even if it requires gathering them, then they should be given orientation on what christianity is all about, that it is not a religion of gathering. After which they should set them free and let them go and not to come back again( they already have their bible with them) and let them live their lives with the knowledge and understanding
Can you help back up the bolded with scriptures pls?
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by godisgood200: 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
paxonel:

A typical of what pastors are doing
Are you saved? For yourself i mean. If Christ appears now and we are expected to make an entering into his realm, will you enter or will you stand before Him counting the errors and short comings of pastors?

Did Jesus tell you to use any Pastor as a standard or Him?

Na like joke like joke una go jejely waka enter hellfire.
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by kachi19: 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2017
paxonel:

my lawwd DO YOU EVEN HEAR YOURSELF?!? it's just like saying a 12yr old child from the rural area should just go to Jss1 because he's the age when he's got no academic idea. What's the purpose of conversion if you was just going to baptise dem and send dem away for the universe or God to come down and help them grow or teach them what the bible says or wat being a christian mean... im not a good christan or a fervent church goer but why do we even go to school? why can't we just buy books and teach ourselves grin YOU'RE A VERY FORNI PULSN grin
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 3:53am On Nov 24, 2017
kachi19:

my lawwd DO YOU EVEN HEAR YOURSELF?!? it's just like saying a 12yr old child from the rural area should just go to Jss1 because he's the age when he's got no academic idea. What's the purpose of conversion if you was just going to baptise dem and send dem away for the universe or God to come down and help them grow or teach them what the bible says or wat being a christian mean... im not a good christan or a fervent church goer but why do we even go to school? why can't we just buy books and teach ourselves grin YOU'RE A VERY FORNI PULSN grin
No that's not what i mean ,
I mean the ones that need to be thought should be thought first. When they have the understanding, then they should be realised and let them go .
If schools are that transparent then churches should do better
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 4:08am On Nov 24, 2017
godisgood200:

Can you help back up the bolded with scriptures pls?
Remember persecution caused early christians fled to different countries, now who was gathering them at that point? Yet they had something to preach where ever they find themselves. That means they must have been thought.

Paul never had any congregation.
He was going from place to place preaching.

All I'm saying is, christianity can still be practiced without gathering people for too long.

If you must gather people teach them what they should know. When they have the understanding then let them go.

But this is not the case of pastors today
They made scriptures to be blurd to you so that you keep coming for more, at the end they distort and defraud you without you knowing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 4:16am On Nov 24, 2017
godisgood200:

Are you saved? For yourself i mean. If Christ appears now and we are expected to make an entering into his realm, will you enter or will you stand before Him counting the errors and short comings of pastors?

This is exactly what I'm saying?
How can you be going to church from your childhood till now yet you still do not know that you are saved?
That means you have not been thought.
That's why you find yourself keep going.
For how long?

Obviously, something is very wrong with that kinda system

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Saverin: 5:14am On Nov 24, 2017
godisgood200:

there is no hellfire
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Saverin: 5:16am On Nov 24, 2017
paxonel

Christianity without church is the original philosophy. The temple is thy heart, the philosophy is love

3 Likes

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Saverin: 5:17am On Nov 24, 2017
smoy:

you are correct
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Saverin: 5:18am On Nov 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:

False.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by kachi19: 7:29am On Nov 24, 2017
paxonel:

No that's not what i mean ,
I mean the ones that need to be thought should be thought first. When they have the understanding, then they should be realised and let them go .
If schools are that transparent then churches should do better

Then a church issa prison then? Nobody forces you to come to church as long as christianity is concerned. So how do we learn? you've been thought so you grow and teach someone also... nobody is asking you to come back to the church, it's exactly how it is. you come or you don't christianity is a choice. But the thrills, the chills, the overwhelming feeling, supernatural sensation you get when you gather to worship as christ asked his disciples to when the first recieved the holyspirit. You just keep coming back on your own accord cos if you want to stay home nobody kills you... i haven't gone to church in two sundays and no one placed a gun on my head. Christianity is FREE than any other
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 9:24am On Nov 24, 2017
kachi19:

Then a church issa prison then? Nobody forces you to come to church as long as christianity is concerned. So how do we learn? you've been thought so you grow and teach someone also... nobody is asking you to come back to the church, it's exactly how it is. you come or you don't christianity is a choice. But the thrills, the chills, the overwhelming feeling, supernatural sensation you get when you gather to worship as christ asked his disciples to when the first recieved the holyspirit. You just keep coming back on your own accord cos if you want to stay home nobody kills you... i haven't gone to church in two sundays and no one placed a gun on my head. Christianity is FREE than any other
Are you telling me that it is mere thrills, the chills and feelings that is making millions of Nigerian christians religious people?

I know they are part of the reasons, and i think they are very good reasons for going to church.
Getting thrilled and entertained.

But again, i believe the only reason why any gathering should be merry, dance and get entertained by thrills is because they all understand the content of the scripture which should be the first priority.
And that should be done by pastors educating church members of scriptures but that is not the case.

So why then all the thrills?

what are they dancing for when they can't understand practical ways to solve their own personal problems at home .
What are they dancing for when the economy of the nation is bad? No good schools,stable power supply and good political leadership.
What are they dancing for when their pastors are enriching themselves at the experience of poor church members and so on?

It's something Nigerians should begin to think over and take their personal stand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 9:26am On Nov 24, 2017
Saverin:
paxonel

Christianity without church is the original philosophy. The temple is thy heart, the philosophy is love
And that's the greatest message.
Love for all mankind, not just only in the four walls of a church building called church

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by smoy: 11:40am On Nov 24, 2017
Saverin:

you are correct
even the christianity is alien to whom they said they follow.
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Ubenedictus(m): 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2017
Saverin:

False.
true
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Ubenedictus(m): 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
paxonel:

Where in the scripture?
Also note that THE CHURCH and church are two different thing.
THE CHURCH is the saved people, which is the body of Christ.
while church is church building where people go every Sunday. That one is religion, we were not expected to be doing all that. Going to church
I clearly said "the Church"...

religion is belief in a supreme being, Christianity is thus a religion
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Ubenedictus(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
godisgood200:

What is Gods (YHWH's) religion? What was the name of the religion he gave to Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Daniel all the kings and prophets?

When Jesus came, what was the name of the religion he gave to his disciples?
the belief totally revealed by God with power to save man, I.e God's religion is called Christianity
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by petra1(m): 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
paxonel:
Every false doctrines, ordinances,intimidation of church members to get them pay tithe, falsely distortion of church members financially by making them believe they are financing Gods work,

So it’s because of giving tithe you will rather prefer people don’t go to church ? Without. the church there will be no Christianity

Hebrews 10:25 (
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
petra1:

So it’s because of giving tithe you will rather prefer people don’t go to church ? Without. the church there will be no Christianity

Hebrews 10:25 (
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Not just because of tithe
But also errors like others i mentioned previously.

This Hebrews 10:25 was at the time when there were no excesses found among the leaders of THE CHURCH back then, when things were far better as it is now.

But always know that believers reserve the right to be on their own when church leaders are becoming questionable.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I clearly said "the Church"...

religion is belief in a supreme being, Christianity is thus a religion
That's true

(1) (2) (Reply)

It's Easier To Destroy Than To Build / Since God Can't Heals Amputees, Science Will. / Men Of God Help, I'm Dying Slowly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.