Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? (2000 Views)

Daniel Nkemelu Has 7.0 CGPA As Unibadan's Best Graduating Student / Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? by Deicide: 1:28am On Nov 23, 2017
From your experience is it advisable to add elective course or to just ignore them?
Re: Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? by Neutral15(m): 3:47am On Nov 23, 2017
Whether it's core courses, electives, gst or whatever, what boost your CGPA is the credit load/unit attached to the course.

The major difference between core courses and electives is while you must pass the former before you can graduate, you must not pass the later for you to graduate

1 Like

Re: Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? by Deicide: 7:33am On Nov 23, 2017
Neutral15:
Whether it's core courses, electives, gst or whatever, what boost your CGPA is the credit load/unit attached to the course.
You still haven't answered the question o elective course do have credit unit to grin the question is should you ignore the course or do it
Re: Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? by davbravo(m): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2017
It depends on your current CGPA, the number of units attached to it and if you're certain of getting an A in the course, otherwise it's not worth the stress....My opinion though
Re: Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 23, 2017
Re: Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? by Neutral15(m): 11:55am On Nov 23, 2017
Deicide:

You still haven't answered the question o elective course do have credit unit to grin the question is should you ignore the course or do it

You have minimum of 18 credit load and maximum of 24 credit load in a semester. You only pick electives when your core courses' credit load for that semester is not upto 18
Re: Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? by Deicide: 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
davbravo:
It depends on your current CGPA, the number of units attached to it and if you're certain of getting an A in the course, otherwise it's not worth the stress....My opinion though
Yes true cause if you later fail those elective e go bad 4 you o
Re: Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? by Deicide: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2017
Ok
Re: Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? by MegaStarr(m): 3:45pm On Dec 20, 2017
Deicide:
From your experience is it advisable to add elective course or to just ignore them?

Yes they do when you take them seriously. No lecturer has time to victimise a student in an elective course as opposed to the core courses. #writing from my personal experience.
Re: Do Elective Course Really Boost Cgpa? by Deicide: 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2017
MegaStarr:

Yes they do when you take them seriously. No lecturer has time to victimise a student in an elective course as opposed to the core courses. #writing from my personal experience.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Education Is The Best Legacy / Akinkunmi Taiwo, The Man That Designed Nigerian Flag Is 82 / Pls, How Can I Fill Mtn Foundation Scholarship Form Online, Site Is Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.