Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan (13986 Views)

Jonathan Faces Suspension Over PDP’s Defeat In Bayelsa - Daily Trust / Jonathan’s Kinsmen Celebrate PDP’s Defeat / 2015: Jonathan’s Book Misrepresented Facts, Says US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by sarrki(m): 5:53am On Nov 23, 2017
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has taken responsibility for the Peoples Democratic Party’s defeat in the 2015 presidential election.

He, therefore, said his priority now “is how to ensure that the Peoples Democratic Party regains the Presidency in 2019.”

Jonathan said this when Chief Olabode George and his campaign team paid him a courtesy visit in his country home in Otuoke, Bayelsa State on Tuesday.

A statement by Bode George Media Office after the meeting quoted the ex-President as saying it was his responsibility to ensure that the PDP rose again as a strong political platform to win the next elections.

Jonathan said, “Whether I like it or not, I must take responsibility for the defeat because I led the party to the election. The only thing that will make me sleep well is to ensure that the PDP comes back to power.”

The former President said he was working with other stakeholders to ensure that the party was well organised to achieve this purpose though he preferred to work from the back seat.

He said the party must begin to take the right steps in the right direction to regain the confidence of the electorate, adding that the mistakes of the past would not be repeated.

Speaking earlier, George, a former deputy national chairman of PDP who is currently on a nationwide campaign for the chairmanship election in December 9, had congratulated the former President on his 60th birthday.

George urged the ex-President, as the leader of the party, to ensure that the PDP emerge stronger from the forthcoming national convention.

George, however, told the former President that the failure to apply the micro-zoning principle to the PDP chairmanship position had caused ripples capable of dividing the party.

He lamented that the party appeared to be drifting as there was no reasonable justification offered by the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led National Caretaker Committee for jettisoning the principle, which was applied to all previous elections to the position.

George also paid a courtesy call on Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State at the governor’s office.

He commended the governor for sustaining the confidence, goodwill and support of the people in his administration and the party.

The governor described the December 9 national convention as a window of opportunity to put the PDP’s house in order, urging all aspirants to elective positions as well as the leaders of the party to show tolerance and patriotism and work together to make the party proud.

He said it was important to ensure a free, fair, credible and acceptable election.

George was given a rousing reception at the state party secretariat in Yenagoa where he met with party stakeholders and delegates to the convention led by the State Chairman, Chief Cleopas Moses.

Others at the meeting included members of the state House of Assembly led by the Speaker, Friday Benson and local government chairmen.

http://punchng.com/i-take-responsibility-for-pdps-defeat-in-2015-jonathan/

3 Likes

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by python1: 5:55am On Nov 23, 2017
Infact, your cluelessness will haunt PDP for the next 2 centuries.

51 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 23, 2017
python1:

shocked

No, I'm of the contrary opinion to your view.

He is not clueless. The true images of cluelessness can be seen all over Buhari and his government.

Jonathan admittance for PDP's defeat will rather help reshapen and strengthen the party.

Jonathan is a true and a Great statesman
like Atiku2019 said.

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by Amarabae(f): 5:58am On Nov 23, 2017
A ttibalistic conspiracy defeated you. Led by
Those who said that you marginalized them but blame Igbos for pointing out marginalization.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 23, 2017
Great
Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by sarrki(m): 5:59am On Nov 23, 2017
Please 2015 is history

2 Likes

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by python1: 6:00am On Nov 23, 2017
Amarabae:
T
As a nurse and a nursing mother, I think you should be more active in health section. But here you are, booking space in politics section. undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by Atiku2019: 6:01am On Nov 23, 2017
A Great Statesman cool

9 Likes

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by dabeto: 6:01am On Nov 23, 2017
That's leadership..........no shifting of blame or blame culture.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by texazzpete(m): 6:03am On Nov 23, 2017
of course you should.

if you weren't such a shitty President, PDP would have still been in power.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by Khd95(m): 6:07am On Nov 23, 2017
Ok
Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by sarrki(m): 6:07am On Nov 23, 2017
python1:

As a nurse and a nursing mother, I think you should be more active in health section. But here you are, booking space in politics section. undecided

You are a good and kind man

You are a patriotic Nigeria

God bless you

Thank you for advising my sister

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by Amarabae(f): 6:08am On Nov 23, 2017
python1:

Is there a gender based criteria in being in politics section?
Be quiet if you have nothing to say.
I see that my presence in this section threatens you.
Cry me a river

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:09am On Nov 23, 2017
#PMB1523
Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by sarrki(m): 6:10am On Nov 23, 2017
Amarabae:
A ttibalistic conspiracy defeated you. Led by
Those who said that you marginalized them but blame Igbos for pointing out marginalization.

I have promised to be more nationalist in dealings

Only that I will never surrender for Igbos

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by sarrki(m): 6:11am On Nov 23, 2017
Amarabae:

Cry me a river

Amara my dearest sis

Calm down

Listen to the word of elders

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by Amarabae(f): 6:11am On Nov 23, 2017
sarrki:

I have promised to be more nationalist in dealings

Only that I will never surrender for Igbos
what brought Ipob into this?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by Samusu(m): 6:13am On Nov 23, 2017
2yrs after? Apologising on behalf of Mama Peace

2 Likes

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by python1: 6:13am On Nov 23, 2017
[s]
Amarabae:

Cry me a river
[/s]
Your presence in politics threatening me? Are you okay? Anyway, continue, na you go carry your leg run comot. Even irresponsible ladies left after proper flogging, not to talk of you, apparently a responsibly married lady with a kid.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by Amarabae(f): 6:14am On Nov 23, 2017
sarrki:

Amara my dearest sis

Calm down

Listen to the word of elders

word of elders?
Hahahahahahahaha.
That broke APC bmc Aisha rice eater is an elder?
Jobless entity looking for an Ipob or Igbo thread to masturbate in.
Hush

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by python1: 6:15am On Nov 23, 2017
sarrki:

You are a good and kind man

You are a patriotic Nigeria

God bless you

Thank you for advising my sister
God bless you sir. As a patriot, it is my responsibility.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by python1: 6:17am On Nov 23, 2017
[s]
Amarabae:
word of elders?
Hahahahahahahaha.
That broke APC bmc Aisha rice eater is an elder?
Jobless entity looking for an Ipob or Igbo thread to masturbate in.
Hush
[/s]
If not that I don't attack ladies, I swear you will run.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by Amarabae(f): 6:18am On Nov 23, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Your presence in politics threatening me? Are you okay? Anyway, continue, na you go carry your leg run comot. Even irresponsible ladies left after proper flogging, not to talk of you, apparently a responsibly married lady with a kid.
Go and learn a skill and stop looking for an Igbo or Ipob thread to masturbate in.
It's a height of joblessness.
Go to Aba and learn a skill as advised by Fayose.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by omowolewa: 6:19am On Nov 23, 2017
You got no choice sir
Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by python1: 6:20am On Nov 23, 2017
Amarabae:

Go and learn a skill and stop looking for an Igbo or Ipob thread to masturbate in.
Na you go run, no worry.

1 Like

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by globemoney: 6:21am On Nov 23, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
[s]Your presence in politics threatening me? Are you okay? Anyway, continue, na you go carry your leg run comot. Even irresponsible ladies left after proper flogging, not to talk of you, apparently a responsibly married lady with a kid.[/s]
why are you intimidating her? Women dont belong in the kitchen in igboland like is obtainable in other parts of Nigeria, thats why we have the likes of Ngozi Iweala, Stella Oduah, Arunma Otteh, Akunyili, etc. You must respond to her points on it's merit and stop focusing on her gender

13 Likes

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by sarrki(m): 6:21am On Nov 23, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]

That's wat makes you a patriot
Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 23, 2017
Honourable man.

2 Likes

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by globemoney: 6:22am On Nov 23, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Just look at at an old man like you threatening ladies online.. Nyama Nyama

10 Likes

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by PointZerom: 6:23am On Nov 23, 2017
python1:

Buhari's deception and lies will frustrate APC and her zombies for eternity.

8 Likes

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by PointZerom: 6:24am On Nov 23, 2017
Amarabae:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan by globemoney: 6:25am On Nov 23, 2017
On the topic, Yes, GEJ, you cluelessness, timidity, fear and gullibility allowed you to fall into the hands of the so called owners of Nigeria and their slaves in Southern Nigeria. We gave you all the support you needed but you chose to be a coward. I hope you must have learnt your lessons!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lotto War: CDNDC Seeks Probe Of Magu, Kashamu’s Alleged Ties / Osinbajo: Nigerian Elite Influence Appointments Of Judges / Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.