Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread - Satellite TV Technology (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread (2366976 Views)

Fta Sport Channels To Watch Live Football Matches / FTA General Sports Announcement Thread / Newly Satellite Tv Announcement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (775) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by simonnkhoma: 1:18am On Jun 28, 2015
Blackshort:
Please have you installed the 62.0E?

Did he answer you?
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by Blackshort: 1:55am On Jun 28, 2015
He hasn't
simonnkhoma:

Did he answer you?
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by skaymini(m): 5:16am On Jun 28, 2015
No irib no life
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by orkman(m): 5:25am On Jun 28, 2015
Femwal:
irib w come back. dis is not d first time dat irib w wen off......irib wan to ungrade der signal but irib can come back to another satellite bcus arabsat 5c divided into2 also dis comin sesson w hard for fta in sport bcus some football pay satellite are fight fta......if irib come back tinx w change...........
English please
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by hervestaune: 6:27am On Jun 28, 2015
Hi Every body please I want to worry you people small can some body give me the frequency I can use to track Champion tv and the dish size I should use to get good signal. I would all so like if generator member add me on their whatsapp group to keep me on to the new news of the threat that shouldn't be public thks 22997450407
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by simonnkhoma: 6:29am On Jun 28, 2015
Blackshort:
He hasn't

I wonder.

1 Like

Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by fislat01(m): 8:29am On Jun 28, 2015
NIGERIANS ARE TIRED OF BEING EXPLOITED BY DSTV In the past few years, DSTV has constantly been in the news with one legal battle after another from aggrieved subscribers, who are dissatisfied with the programming services and unreasonable subscription hikes across their various bouquet. Below are the statements of aggrieved Nigerians. Uberseun Akinfolarin, an aggrieved DSTV subscriber who started an online petition against DSTV’s exploitation said, “It's time to end the exploitation of Nigerians by DSTV. Nigerians deserve respect from DSTV and we will get it.” Other concerned Nigerians followed suit in the demand to stop DSTV’s arbitrary price hikes, noting that recent increase in DSTV subscription is outrageous and totally unacceptable. Chiebuka Obumselu, another aggrieved subscriber said, “I'm signing this petition because I think Multichoice is exploiting the Nigerian citizenry and also because I think we should be offered a pay- as- you-go service. I also believe there should be a standard set of about 25 channels and then an opportunity to choose other channels for the lower bouquets.” Another disgruntled customer had this to say about DSTV’S disrespect for consumers. “What I however can’t understand is why I need to listen into an ad that lasts up to 40seconds whenever I put a call through to customer service. Once you put the call through, a male voice responds on the other line informing you of the several online platforms where your subscriptions can be paid. This surely is a free ad at the expense of the caller (customer).” Olamide Shadeko, a banker says, “DSTV in Nigeria is a luxury product, I have had the opportunity to live in South Africa, DSTV is not as expensive over there as compared to what it is in Nigeria. You may recall that the decoder itself is not the source of income but the monthly subscription. I understand that the cost of doing business in Nigeria is very high but DSTV is not investing extra in satellite television in receiving countries like Nigeria, so my question is why can’t a common man afford it?” Gboyega Falode, a corper, said, “DSTV is hardly found in homes of common masses. Take for example, the cheapest package they offer is the DSTV Access, which is between 1,500 and 1,800, trust me, 70 percent of the channels are not worth watching. To enjoy DSTV you need to go for at least the Compact package which cost over 9,000 and that’s an impossible amount to pay at the end of every month for an average Nigerian who earns a minimum wage.” Following the high number of complaints, the Consumer Protection Council, CPC, has commenced investigation into the operations of the Digital Satellite Television, DSTV, operated by Multichoice Nigeria Limited, over alleged consumer rights violations, in line with its mandate to provide redress for consumer abuse. According to the notice of investigation, CPC said “These complaints in effect allege that the DSTV service does not conform with international best practice and is specifically designed to exploit Nigerian consumers who have suffered loss by not being able to fully enjoy or receive the benefit or actualize the full purpose for which they purchased or subscribed to the service.” The council pointed out that the consumer complaints against DSTV include “poor quality of service such as incessant disruption of service without compensation while subscription is current, wrongful abrupt disconnection of service during subsisting subscriptions, monthly subscriptions lasting less than 30 days and poor redress mechanism and customer services. Advertisements on customer care lines at the expense of consumers, poor implementation of decoder swap policy and effecting price increase for subscriptions despite payment before due date of increase.” Truly so much more!

1 Like

Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by skaymini(m): 8:59am On Jun 28, 2015
Cnt hitv rise up nd buy football right ..... Atlist we ar in another new regime in naija.
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
skaymini:
Cnt hitv rise up nd buy football right ..... Atlist we ar in another new regime in naija.
Hitv is past tense.......
Startimes is the only tin close to competition Dstv has right now...They now have exclusive rights to the Bundesliga and French ligue in, hopefully in the next three years they can compete for the BPL rights
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by brainy02: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
safex:
Brazil vs Paraguay live on Champion tv
but only with champion decoder now
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by Spy360(m): 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
SlyCharlie:

Hitv is past tense.......
Startimes is the only tin close to competition Dstv has right now...They now have exclusive rights to the Bundesliga and French ligue in, hopefully in the next three years they can compete for the BPL rights
I dstv have right in Nigeria what about other W African countries at least we can tap from them.

1 Like

Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by skaymini(m): 5:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
So sad
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 6:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Spy360:

I dstv have right in Nigeria what about other W African countries at least we can tap from them.
Not a chance bro....
Dstv has the BPL broadcast rights for Sub Saharan Africa.. And that includes all countries in west, east and south Africa...
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by Lawalsuleiman(m): 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
Irib I can authoritatively tell you is gone for good on Arab 5c and the reason has nothing to do with Dstv. Just today Al-jazeera announced that Saudi Arabia had warned the Iranian broadcasting network about a program they deemed offensive and told them to pull down, but that was not heeded to and that has lead us here. Irib was pulled down with immediate effect. Saudi controls the Satellite Arab 5C were we got irib tv3 and varzesh from. So our biggest options remain other satellites were Irib transmits from aside Arab 5c. Thank u.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
Lawalsuleiman:
Irib I can authoritatively tell you is gone for good on Arab 5c and the reason has nothing to do with Dstv. Just today Al-jazeera announced that Saudi Arabia had warned the Iranian broadcasting network about a program they deemed offensive and told them to pull down, but that was not heeded to and that has lead us here. Irib was pulled down with immediate effect. Saudi controls the Satellite Arab 5C were we got irib tv3 and varzesh from. So our biggest options remain other satellites were Irib transmits from aside Arab 5c. Thank u.
You spot on
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by skaymini(m): 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
Tanx 4 d info bt let us knoo whr it ran go... Cos without irib fta is Bomb oo
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by coderXO(m): 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
Lawalsuleiman:

Isn't irib also on BADR?
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by Akinige(m): 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
so it mean dat our 1.8 meter dish wil render useless? As irib has left us in dark nw, gurus in d house plz cum to our aid o o o o
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by skaymini(m): 11:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
D best tyn nw is dat u viewin centre operators shu go nd buy 4 dsthieves decoder nd do hotel package bouquet... Two people can merge nd do dis. Is jst 19k per mnthly sub. So if u divide dis into two is around 9500 which is stil ok.. Simple
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by unikazzy(m): 4:33am On Jun 29, 2015
author=Lawalsuleiman post=35257261]Irib I can authoritatively tell you is gone for good on Arab 5c and the reason has nothing to do with Dstv. Just today Al-jazeera announced that Saudi Arabia had warned the Iranian broadcasting network about a program they deemed offensive and told them to pull down, but that was not heeded to and that has lead us here. Irib was pulled down with immediate effect. Saudi controls the Satellite Arab 5C were we got irib tv3 and varzesh from. So our biggest options remain other satellites were Irib transmits from aside Arab 5c. Thank u.
Last week, over 60,000 documents from Saudi Arabia were leaked online. Hosted on Wikileaks, the cables contain high level diplomatic and classified information.

The government might have been hacked by what some are calling the Yemeni Cyber Army, who says more classified documents are on the way. This leak is likely retaliation for what many are calling indiscriminate bombing by the Saudi Arabian government in Yemen, in an attempt to wipe out Houthi rebels who recently overtook the Yemeni government.

So far, documents indicate Saudi Arabia retains vast control of Arab media, keeps tabs on citizens who go overseas and orchestrates regional political wrangling to maintain their grip on power.

Although many won’t be surprised by the Kingdom’s broad media control, it is no less upsetting for free media advocates in the Middle East. The cables tell of a system where Saudi Arabia uses bribes or “buy-ins” at news stations throughout the region. These buy-ins, ranging from $10,000-$40,000 dollars are used to “neutralize” headlines that are damaging to the nation’s reputation. Examples from the cables run the gamut, from not airing the grievances of opposition members to outright sabotage.

This is especially true when it comes to the media wars between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Wikileaks explains, “In one example, the Foreign Minister was following a Royal Decree dated 20 January 2010 to remove Iran’s new Arabic-language news network, Al-Alam, from the main Riyadh-based regional communications satellite operator, Arabsat. After the plan failed, Saud Al Faisal sought to ‘weaken its broadcast signal.’”

There are also reports of agents using government money to plant false stories, distribute propaganda and interfere with media analysts.

However, for those who are able to escape the region, Saudi control doesn’t end there.

Reports of Saudi Arabian officials spying on students who head to university in foreign countries are scarily common. For instance, those studying in Australia are monitored and any sign of political or religious beliefs that are not cohesive with those of the Kingdom.

The actions of Saudi students in the U.S. are also closely monitored, as evidenced by one cable that showed serious concern with students who attended a leadership meeting. Why the international concern over something like that? Well this particular meeting was held at the Israeli Embassy.

With over a dozen Saudi students attending, it seems the Kingdom was concerned that they had, “asked questions, and had pictures taken” while there. These concerns were not small either. The government commissioned an entire report on the subject, marking memos regarding the incident as “urgent.”

Further attempts to create geopolitical alliances have been revealed in the cables. These include Russia and Saudi Arabia making a pact to vote for each other to gain membership in the UN Human Rights Council. There have also been a number of attempts to destabilize Iran and keep close tabs on anybody who might be working with them to promote their agenda.

Future revelations are likely to be pour out as the documents are sifted through and translated. However experts are saying that protests, demonstrations or instability within the Kingdom is unlikely, as the spin to discredit the documents is already well underway.
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by skaymini(m): 4:52am On Jun 29, 2015
Oga dis one nah story... Let ur people kno d way out, b4 new football season go start...

2 Likes

Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by Asenjeff: 12:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
Has any body tried tracking IRIB @ 62°e.
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by skaymini(m): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
Av u track urs? is it wrkin??
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by harjirem(m): 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
skaymini:
D best tyn nw is dat u viewin centre operators shu go nd buy 4 dsthieves decoder nd do hotel package bouquet... Two people can merge nd do dis. Is jst 19k per mnthly sub. So if u divide dis into two is around 9500 which is stil ok.. Simple
Pls hw dis can be don, pls let talk on whatsapp or call me on 08160536026
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by Jay14(m): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
harjirem:

Pls hw dis can be don, pls let talk on whatsapp or call me on 08160536026
add me too pls.08060749001.I need d package too am not d one doing it @harjirem.

1 Like

Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by Samokeowo: 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
Pls add me on ur what app 08100573987
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by Folbim777(m): 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
Jay14:

add me too pls.08060749001.
FTA turns to PAYTV annoucement. God help us ooo
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by hervestaune: 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
Add me too let us talk About
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by pofolo(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
Looks like irib is coming back.
Check out irib HD ( tv3 and verzesh too ) listed on 11881 H 27500 ,and 11900 v 27500 on badr 5 26east.
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by hervestaune: 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
My number is 22997450407
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by emma4god01(m): 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
pofolo:
Looks like irib is coming back.
Check out irib HD ( tv3 and verzesh too ) listed on 11881 H 27500 ,and 11900 v 27500 on badr 5 26east.
i pray it come back,i wil be very happy seeing it again,irib na baba of fta
Re: FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread by emma4god01(m): 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
skaymini:
hw sure ar u wit dis info? I only know of 3decoders collective package which goes for 17k plus,not knowing of 4decoders yet...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (775) (Reply)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.