Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,424 members, 7,826,652 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC (36028 Views)

3 Major Reasons Atiku Case Was Thrown Out Of Tribunal / Presidential Tribunal: Real Reasons Atiku Wasn’t Declared Winner Of Election / 2019: Atiku Gave Me Greatest Fight Over Due Process Unit – Dr. Ezekwesil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by lightblazingnow(m): 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
It has clamped down on all forms of democracy | 5 reasons Atiku gave for leaving APC
ynaija.com

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has finally left the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) after several rumours of his planned exit.

There had been rumours flying around that Atiku was planning to contest in the 2019 Presidential election under the umbrella of the Peoples Democratic Party.

The Turakin-Adamawa has finally made it official through a statement he released on Fiday morning.

Here are the reasons Atiku gave for his decision;

The APC has clamped down on all forms of democracy
“While other parties have purged themselves of the arbitrariness and unconstitutionality that led to fractionalization, the All Progressives Congress has adopted those same practices and even gone beyond them to institute a regime of a draconian clampdown on all forms of democracy within the party and the government it produced.”

2. The APC has failed to meet the expectations of Nigerians

“Only last year, a governor produced by the party wrote a secret memorandum to the president which ended up being leaked. In that memo, he admitted that the All Progressives Congress had “not only failed to manage expectations of a populace that expected overnight ‘change’ but has failed to deliver even mundane matters of governance”.”

3. President Buhari has been ‘unfair’ to him and some founding members

“Of the party itself, that same governor said “Mr. President, Sir Your relationship with the national leadership of the party, both the formal (NWC) and informal (Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Atiku Abubakar, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso), and former Governors of ANPP, PDP (that joined us) and ACN, is perceived by most observers to be at best frosty. Many of them are aggrieved due to what they considertotal absence of consultations with them on your part and those you have assigned such duties.”

“Since that memorandum was written up until today, nothing has been done to reverse the treatment meted out to those of us invited to join the All Progressives Congress on the strength of a promise that has proven to be false. If anything, those behaviours have actually worsened.”

4. The party has continued to fail the masses

“But more importantly, the party we put in place has failed and continues to fail our people, especially our young people. How can we have a federal cabinet without even one single youth.”

5. APC does not put the youth into account

“A party that does not take the youth into account is a dying party. The future belongs to young people.”

https://ynaija.com/clamped-forms-democracy-5-reasons-atiku-gave-leaving-apc/amp/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by lightblazingnow(m): 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
Overdue

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by Akpaife(m): 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
He tink he will d president
Let's watch n see
APC till 2023

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
God bless PDP

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by fastguy10: 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
My name is Amara grin
Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by Spanner4(m): 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
shocked

Atiku.....again

Can Atiku come, let me tell him something

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by expensiveguyman(m): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
Seeing all dis old criminals camping around our politics,devising means and giving one flimsy excuses in other to get d power makes me give up on Nigeria.
It's clear they are d same set of criminals who has put dis nation into d mess we're suffering today.
D most painful part is that they are not willing to loss their grips on our politics anytime soon.
So the chances of dis country move forward with dis set of criminals controlling our politics is very slim.

43 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by KehnnyCares(m): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
Who cares?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
@op
and d 6th reason is 'I Don't Care'

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by lightblazingnow(m): 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2017
Cc lalasticlala
Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by dedugba(m): 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2017
Atiku the Unstable promise to stabilize the economy of Nigeria as well as power supply, Atiku the political prostitute promises to end all form of corruption in nigeria. Atiku the unfaithful promise to uphold the Constitution and oath of office if elected. he is not a liar he is a very sincere man, at least he has said and demonstrated that he is unfaithful untrust worthy.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by dynicks(m): 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
am tired of seeing/ hearing same crop of faces Nd politicians recycling themselves with false promises Nd undue lies....plz plz plz u all should quit bothering us k.......nairalanders if u with me on this, let's migrate to someplace healthier than staying in d same atmosphere with them biko

13 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by LesbianBoy(m): 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
APC issa stoopid party angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by Ezigbonmadu: 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
I dislike Atiku like dig shit. But he's right. APC scammed is all. They're worst than PDP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by Nairastake: 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
I think number 3 is the main reason.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by ct2: 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by Rashman578(m): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
You talk about youth ..why aren't u resigning for youths to take over then?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by Mtm5313: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
ATIKULATED ATIKU

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by Abdul9025(m): 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
APC doesn't need him.... Political prostitute....doing things for his own selfish interests

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by countryfive: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
na now u know say APC na dis and that.
who u wan fool?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by brightalo17: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
God bless PDP

God forbid PDP.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by bayocanny: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
If u like give 1000 reasons, you won't become the next president come 2019..I would rather vote for buhari.
Nonsense!!!

14 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by hardeycute(m): 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nigeria politicians and political parties lack ideology which is why 'cross carpeting' is very rampant

We have individuals who want to seize power for personal reasons and not for nationalistic reasons

We have political office holders that receive expensive salaries while they fail to deliver the dividends of democracy and claimed to be of 'service'to the people rather upon assuming office they derail to enrich their pockets and maintaining the status quo.

We have past leaders whom during their tenure(s) didn't improve the standard of living of the masses received magnanimous monies as pensions while the 'real' servants of the people are denied pensions and delayed payment of their rights

You cannot come to me that you want to 'lead' this country and you have failed to mention on how you plan to reduce the cost of governance and you want me to take you serious

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by ct2: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
number 6, am a political prostitute

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by Respect55(m): 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
fastguy10:
My name is Amara grin
And so Wat!
Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by Lothario(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
Is there any difference between buhari and stalin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by veacea: 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
OBJ be like

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by asawanathegreat(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
More reasons please
Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by enemyofprogress: 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
fastguy10:
My name is Amara grin
Amala how are you?pls I have okro soup here,can I eat you with it?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by Runaway: 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lol, I pity the youths

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
the only difference btwn mugabe and nigerian politicians is that they didnt stay a single tenure in office but deviced means to get around democracy. what is buhari,atiku, obj and tinubu still doing in NIGERIAN POLITICS?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku: I Will NOT Take Six Months Before Naming My Cabinet, If Elected / Kwara Governor Complains About "Conduct" Of Kwara Rep By-Election / Oil Discovered In Sokoto State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.