Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC (30282 Views)

6-Year Single Term: Atiku Said Lawmakers Threw Away Baby With Bath Water / Aisha Buhari Congratulates Kemi Adeosun For Joining APC / Full Text Of What Atiku Said About Buhari Government, Killings & Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by lightblazingnow(m): 12:46am On Nov 25, 2017
Flashback: Read what Atiku said in 2014 before joining APC
onlinenigeria.com

Nigeria‘s former Vice President Atiku Abubakar on Friday, November 24, announced his exit from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), saying the party “has failed and continues to fail our people”.

NAIJ.com gathered that the former vice president accused the ruling party of arbitrariness, unconstitutionality and disregard for party stalwarts.

However Atiku’s lamentation, contained in a 15-paragraph statement is similar to the complaints he made before fleeing the PDP for the APC on February 2, 2014, Premium Times reports.

Below is the full text of Atiku’s statement in 2014 before joining the APC.

Press Statement by Atiku Abubakar, GCON, Turaki Adamawa and former Vice President, Federal Republic of Nigeria on his resignation from the PDP andjoining the APC.

In 2006, as a result of my firm stand in defence of our constitution and our democracy, my supporters and I were pushed out of our party, the Peoples Democratic Party, a party that we worked tirelessly with other compatriots to build as a vehicle to restore democracy to our country.

We later returned to that party in 2009 when a new leadership of the party and the country promised a new direction, a direction of inclusiveness, of internal democracy, of an end to impunity, adherence to the rule of law and respect for the dignity of members and Nigerians.

Sadly, however, those promises have not been kept. In addition, the PDP continues to be beset with many crises, mostly leadership-induced crises. It has since lost touch with Nigerians and efforts made by many well-meaning members and stakeholders to bring it back to the vision of the founders have been rebuffed.

To demonstrate the seriousness of the challenges and bring public attention to it I and some other leaders and stakeholders staged a walkout during the party’s last convention in Abuja.

As I speak, most of the issues that led to that walk-out are yet to be addressed. Many founding members of the PDP, I included, continue to be marginalized and excluded from the affairs of the party. For instance as a former Vice President, I am by virtue of the PDP constitution, a member of the party’s Board of Trustees and its National Executive Committee. However, I am not invited to the meetings of those organs nor consulted on their decisions, apparently because I dared to exercise my right to contest in the party’s primary election for a chance to be its flag-bearer in the 2011 elections. We have, therefore, concluded that that party cannot be redeemed. In short the PDP has abandoned Nigerians, the very people who gave it life and many electoral victories.

More worrisome though is the danger posed to the continued existence of this country by this culture of impunity and arbitrariness. We continue to have threats from officially protected political extremists. Increasingly our people are recklessly being divided along the lines of religion, ethnicity and region for political gains. Our history and that of many other countries in Africa and Eastern Europe ought to teach us that this is very dangerous and must stop.

We can and we must do better. Our people deserve better.

It is against this background that we should understand the visit by the leaders of the APC and their invitation to me to join hands with them to save the country. Consequently, I have been consulting my supporters and associates, my family and friends for the past few weeks. My decision may not satisfy some of my friends and associates. In the end, however, I have to put the interest of our country first. This country has done so much for me personally and it deserves all that we can do to help rebuild it and serve our people better.

Following this extensive consultative process, I have, therefore, decided to cast my lot with the APC, a party of change committed to the improvement of the lives of our people and to the continued existence and development of Nigeria as one indivisible country. My resignation letter as a member of the PDP will be delivered to the party tomorrow.

This is the right decision. As in 2006 it is the struggle for democracy and constitutionalism and service to my country and my people that are driving my choice and my decision. Let me emphasize that this is not about me. We have to have a country before people can aspire to lead it, but as it is today we may be losing this country. That is not acceptable.

I encourage my political associates and friends to register andjoin the APC once the registration exercise commences, so that together we can change this country for the better.

The process of building a nation, of securing and deepening democracy is indeed difficult. And it is not a lineal process. There would be alignment and realignment of political forces. There would be ups and downs and zig-zags, triumphs and challenges. Amidst all that, patriots must remain focused and do what has to be done to save and build the country and serve our people better.

That is what I have decided to do. I will do all within my God-given powers to help the APC win elections all over Nigeria and bring true change to our country and its long-suffering people.

Thank you and God bless Nigeria.

According to an earlier report by NAIJ.com, the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, has suddenly seen the light and this is why he has resigned from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

The party, which lost election in 2015, said the former vice president’s decision to leave the APC necessitated by the fact that he has seen the difference.

https://www.onlinenigeria.com/site/stories/politics-news/400747-flashback-read-what-atiku-said-in-2014-before-joining-apc.html
Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by lightblazingnow(m): 12:47am On Nov 25, 2017
We should always as a matter of principle know our limits and highest we can go at any particular time and season. There is a season for any matter under the sun

Everything is beautiful in its own season, but for the lack of revealed knowledge we keep spending the money and energy we should have used to build up another particular projects..

Atiku I put it to you that your time hasn't come and even though it has, you have miscalculated again after you ran from the incumbent president Jonathan to APC.

Now you are running again from the incumbent to PDP, this ambitions strong oooooooo Atiku

Cool down, no body can receive nothing except it's given from above...

Seek him genuinely and be sincere in your quest...

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Macgreat(m): 1:11am On Nov 25, 2017
Politicians

I need just 1 billion
to install wallpapers in federal state house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by id911(m): 1:31am On Nov 25, 2017
Buhari even wailed uncontrollably on national TV in 2011 that he would never contest again but came back to recontest in 2015. I don't blame him, I blame Tinubu who used his well oiled propaganda machines to polish a nonentity into Aso Rock.

Hell Rufai even once said that Buhari is a serial failure, perpetually unelectable and divisive figure that will never smell Aso Villa but today Hell Rufai is shamelessly singing a different tune

Majority of Nigerian have made up their minds to support Atiku in 2019. Atiku is the hope of the common man

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Annie939(f): 3:00am On Nov 25, 2017
he we soon commit political suicide yeye man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by biafrasun: 4:09am On Nov 25, 2017
Atiku the political prostitude
no shame no honor no integrity though better than what we have in aso Rock but I prefer lamidi of jigawa he is been out standing not cross carpeting like one ,but any thing that will take bubu jibril from Aso Rock is OK by me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Paperwhite(m): 4:10am On Nov 25, 2017
Atiku have the lying nature of every APC member.Even Buhari hypocritically said even shedding tears that he will never contest election again in Nigeria but the rest today is history. But zombies are not worry about that.No wonder all promises have been cancelled and denied.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by MicheyJ1: 4:17am On Nov 25, 2017
Atiku is just as desperate as Buhari was. But I know he cannot be as terrible as the dullard.

24 Likes

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:38am On Nov 25, 2017
grin
Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Babacele: 5:10am On Nov 25, 2017
hmmm.
Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by SillyMods: 5:15am On Nov 25, 2017
id911:
Buhari even wailed uncontrollably on national TV in 2011 that he would never contest again but came back to recontest in 2015.

Hell Rufai once said that Buhari is a serial failure, perpetually unelectable and divisive figure that will never smell Aso Villa but today Hell Rufai is shamelessly singing a different tune

Majority of Nigerian have made up their minds to support Atiku in 2019. Atiku is the hope of the common man
Wow at that "majority of Nigerians have made up their mind to support Atiku in 2019".

How old are you pls?

grin

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by SillyMods: 5:17am On Nov 25, 2017
Atiku's loss in 2019 will be his worse ever in his political life because he will lose not only Adamawa but also his ward and polling booth.

Mark this post.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Mazeltovscotty(m): 5:48am On Nov 25, 2017
id911:
Buhari even wailed uncontrollably on national TV in 2011 that he would never contest again but came back to recontest in 2015.

Hell Rufai once said that Buhari is a serial failure, perpetually unelectable and divisive figure that will never smell Aso Villa but today Hell Rufai is shamelessly singing a different tune

who are the majority? Lolzzz, the problem with people on nairalander is that, they think everything that happens here is a replicate of what will happen in the street

22 Likes

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 25, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
who are the majority? Lolzzz, the problem with people on nairalander is that, they think everything that happens here is a replicate of what will happen in the street

Even though we're always at loggerheads in the foreign affairs section, I agree with you on this one. grin

Atiku - a filthy ritualist & homosexual who is desperate to do the bidding of his slave masters in the UK.

The bastard even has a refinery in Venezuela worth $6Billion. Read that again - I said $6Billion.

This political prostitute will sell Nigeria to the imperialists in his desperation to cling unto power.

I am not in support of Buhari because he is a failure but any “cursed bastard” supporting & rooting for Atiku should do so - only for his/her family & household - nonsense!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Blackfire(m): 6:35am On Nov 25, 2017
Politician s using our gullible heads to play ping pong..

2 Likes

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by sdindan: 6:37am On Nov 25, 2017
SillyMods:

Wow at that "majority of Nigerians have made up their mind to support Atiku in 2019".

How old are you pls?

grin

He's right.

Atiku is better than that illiterate, Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by anonimi: 6:41am On Nov 25, 2017
Paperwhite:
Atiku have the lying nature of every APC member.
Even Buhari hypocritically said even shedding tears that he will never contest election again in Nigeria but the rest today is history. But zombies are not worry about that.No wonder all promises have been cancelled and denied.

That was in 2011 after causing the death of innocent southern NYSC corpers by his uneducated almajiris obeying his fatwa to soak dogs and baboons in blood.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4024299_bubu6_jpeg86aaf8fa6cd32a5104ab6bf996dd1ee3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027919_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

idumuose:
‎​Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) General Muhammdu Buhari (rtd)  has said that he will not seek any elective office again after  Saturday's Presidential election.

Speaking at grand finale of  his electioneering campaign in Abuja yesterday, Buhari said the 2011 campaign was significant for him because it is an election in which more unambigously than the previous two, “2003 and 2007, our victory is assured as evidenced by the unprecedented turnout by people and spontaneous popular acclaim all over the country.”

“This campaign is the third and last one for me since after it I will not present myself again for election into the office of the president,” Buhari said.

While commending voters for  coming out mass to vote last Saturday, the CPC presidential candidate however, said it was not good enough, “you must maintain your presence during the counting  and collation of votes and announcements of results. Because you haven't done this in all cases, they have already started turning your victories into defeats."

Buhari said the “the massive rigging that took place last Saturday is unacceptable and you must not allow a repeat performance next Saturday”.

Although he did not directly talk about the failed alliance between the CPC and the Action Congress of Nigeria, the former head of state said the task of defeating the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the election is a collective one saying, “in the end we must all in unison send the PDP government packing by giving it a punch on the mouth”.
mouth
‎​

www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/old/index.php/news-news/16766-i-will-never-contest-elections-again

The same Buhari has this to say:

2015: Only death'll stop me from contesting - BUHARI -
‎​http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2015-only-deathll-stop-me-from-contesting-buhari/

I will run in 2015 - Buhari
‎​http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8559:buhari-i-will-run-in-2015&catid=54:nigeria-today&Itemid=594

Buhari: Contesting in 2015 is an obligation - Daily Trust
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/2947-buhari-contesting-in-2015-is-an-obligation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Corrinthians(m): 6:41am On Nov 25, 2017
id911:
]Buhari even wailed uncontrollably on national TV in 2011 that he would never contest again but came back to recontest in 2015.

Majority of NigerianS have made up their minds to support Atiku in 2019. Atiku is the hope of the common man
You assume majority of Nigerians are like the idiots below? You must be highly decieved. embarassed

13 Likes

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Cajal(m): 7:46am On Nov 25, 2017
id911:

....it will shock u....that it's not majority but mini...minority...

3 Likes

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Cajal(m): 7:51am On Nov 25, 2017
sdindan:

He's right.

Atiku is better than that illiterate, Buhari.
....abah....but u have been to school now
U should know the meaning of illiterate.
Oya...check ur note books.....
PMB....USA WAR COLLEGE GRADUATE WITH PRAISES

3 Likes

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by id911(m): 8:00am On Nov 25, 2017
Cajal:
....abah....but u have been to school now
U should know the meaning of illiterate.
Oya...check ur note books.....
PMB....USA WAR COLLEGE GRADUATE WITH PRAISES

You are a complete and packaged illiterate! A prerequisite for a higher degree or certificate is your base certificate. Haven't you heard severally peoples' Masters and other Higher Degrees revoked because they tendered fake Secondary School Certs during admission and wasn't discovered at the point of admission?

Where is Buhari's WAEC cert?

8 Likes

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by orisa37: 8:35am On Nov 25, 2017
Atiku is Judas 24/7.
Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Boyooosa(m): 8:40am On Nov 25, 2017
Hmm
Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by orisa37: 8:41am On Nov 25, 2017
He is an Atheist. He doesn't believe in Nigeria.
Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Dalyricz(m): 8:42am On Nov 25, 2017
atiku been trending lately,

1 Like

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Firstcitizen: 8:42am On Nov 25, 2017
id911:

Dis one never sabi say day don Break. Abeg wake up from ya dream.
Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by SirMichael1: 8:43am On Nov 25, 2017
He's just a confused being seeking power where it is cheaply affordable and sure as hell smiley

Oloribukun wants to resume the squandering of Nigeria's notes again
Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by SalamRushdie: 8:46am On Nov 25, 2017
No one can blame Atiku , who woulda thought that Buhari would be such a disaster who would run Nigeria totally aground in just months courtesy his legendary defective brain..I supported Buhari in the last elections because I thought he will being some change and at least stabilize the economy but never did I think he will be yhis bad a disaster..Keeping Buhari as president any further than 2019 would spell doom for at least 5 generations of Nigerians ..When it comes to Buhari we need to shed our sentiments and call the failure what he is which is a remarkable failure.

5 Likes

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by martolux(m): 8:46am On Nov 25, 2017
lightblazingnow:
We should always as a matter of principle know our limits and highest we can go at any particular time and season. There is a season for any matter under the sun

Everything is beautiful in its own season, but for the lack of revealed knowledge we keep spending the money and energy we should have used to build up another particular projects..

Atiku I put it to you that your time hasn't come and even though it has, you have miscalculated again after you ran from the incumbent president Jonathan to APC.

Now you are running again from the incumbent to PDP, this ambitions strong oooooooo Atiku

Cool down, no body can receive nothing except it's given from above...

Seek him genuinely and be sincere in your quest...
Preach....PReacher....PREachest!! well said!!

1 Like

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Stalwert: 8:47am On Nov 25, 2017
grin grin ipob Yoot are with Atiku we have abandoned Mazi Cownu. the coward of Aba - Ipob Yoot

1 Like

Re: What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC by Teeboi56: 8:48am On Nov 25, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) / Wikipedia Locks Bola Tinubu's Page After It Is Attacked By Vandals / Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.