Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry (779 Views)

Zimbabwe Military Takeover Live Updates: Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest / Emmerson Mnangagwa Becomes Zimbabwe President, Replaces Robert Mugabe / Robert Mugabe Agrees To Step Down, Negotiates For Grace To Leave Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by royalsgist: 9:31am On Nov 25, 2017
My fellow Zimbabweans, I am writing this letter and hope that all of you will read it and share it.
My days on this earth are numbered, but I know that once I am gone, you and your children will never forget about me.
I have just resigned as your President!
I want you to understand that the reason I have stayed long in power, 36 years on, is because I want to empower all of you my fellow black Zimbabweans. No other president in the entire continent of Africa has done what I have done for you, but you continue to take me for granted.
Do you know that in the whole of Africa, Zimbabweans are the only blacks who own their land? We are the only blacks who own and run means of production, we own our own companies, our own land. That is the true meaning of independence. Political and economic independence.
I have fought tooth and nail my entire political life to ensure that all of you have both political and economic independence. I don’t hate white people, no, not at all. What I hate is their thinking that they are better than us, that they can just come to our country and take our resources and our land, and tell us what to do. To that I say no.
Today, I am happy that almost all the land is in black hands.
It is up to you to use the education I gave you to develop the land so it is productive so you can feed yourself. One thing I am proud of is that I worked hard to ensure our natural resources and our land was given back to its rightful owners: you the black people of Zimbabwe.
Go to other countries in Africa. Right here just across he Limpopo, in South Africa, Mandela sold out and gave all the land and economy to the whites. The blacks in South Africa will be slaves to white South Africans forever. As long as land is not in the hands of its rightful owners, the Africans, the black man will continue to suffer in his own land.
The real wealth is now in your hands, I wrestled it away from the white people who came to steal it from you. Yes, the world was angry at me and punished the whole country with sanctions, but I don’t care because I know I was doing the right thing. I was empowering my people. You.
Take care of the land and the industries I have you.
I did my part, the ball is now in your court. Do your part.
You will remember me and appreciate me for what I have done for you when I am gone.
Your former president and leader
Africa for Africans.

source: https://royalsgist.com/2017/11/25/letter-reportedly-written-robert-mugabe-will-make-cry/

Re: This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by eshietIntrepid(m): 9:32am On Nov 25, 2017
Once an Africa leader is against the white domination they tag him a dictator, and corrupt.

They called it globalisation, I called it imperialism
Re: This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by NwaAmaikpe: 9:43am On Nov 25, 2017
shocked

God bless Mugabe.

Viva Mugabe.
Re: This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by mammanbawa: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2017
Hats off to Mugabe. A true leader
Re: This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by amunkita(m): 10:09am On Nov 25, 2017
I just pray Zimbabwe won't self destruct like Libya..

Thou oga Mugabe u no try, presidency is not sexually transmitted...
Re: This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 25, 2017
Make me CRY?! OP apologize. Fast! Even the death of a family member or friend can't move me to tears.
Re: This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 25, 2017
amunkita:
I just pray Zimbabwe won't self destruct like Libya..
I hope you know the scenarios in both cases(Libya and Zimbabwe) are totally different? The truth is,for the Libya case it was total anarchy from the onset of the revolution that ultimately culminated in the ouster of Gaddhafi. The Libyan revolutionaries and their foreign allies had just one plan: REMOVE GADDHAFI. After that,what next? They had zero post-Gaddhafi plan just like what happened in Somalia in the 90s after Bare's overthrow so what happened next was only natural as all the factions entered into a power tussle. But in Zim,the case was totally different. The military managed the whole thing well because they knew what they wanted. They wanted their man on the throne and for that,they had to do a clean job. From now,it can only get better or remain the way it has always been. The new guy seems very much like the old order that he was once a part of.
Re: This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by Blackbelly(m): 1:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
Inasmuch as Robert Mugabe lead the revolt that brought about the emancipation of their land from the whites, it still does not justify his greedy clench to power for 37 long years. In my opinion, this is just a means to garner sympathy from the populace while swaying their minds from who he truly is, A DICTATOR!
Re: This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by favourmic(m): 4:21pm On Nov 25, 2017
Mugabe rule Zimbabwe for 37 years, in his 37 years Nigeria had Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, shonekan, Abacha, Abdulsalam, Obasanjo, Yar'Adua, Jonathan, Buhari. Mugabe gave his country 24 hrs power supply but our 9 presidents could not give us power supply. Mugabe did not borrow ( na who go even borrow am money ) but we borrow despite resources but still no light. If other counties are celebrating the fall of Mugabe, not like Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by aminu790(m): 7:39am On Nov 27, 2017
embarassed
Re: This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by vioment: 9:15am On Nov 27, 2017
I respect the 24 hr power supply in Zimbabwe, infact mugabe tried but didn't train a successor when he could. Anyway, nice works and God bless.

If Africa looked like even New Zealand all built by Africans, that is automatic respect. Good roads and power supply will increase patriotic spirit and efforts to new heights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F77lynqVOds
Re: This Letter Reportedly Written By Robert Mugabe Will Make You Cry by vioment: 9:16am On Nov 27, 2017
favourmic:
Mugabe rule Zimbabwe for 37 years, in his 37 years Nigeria had Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, shonekan, Abacha, Abdulsalam, Obasanjo, Yar'Adua, Jonathan, Buhari. Mugabe gave his country 24 hrs power supply but our 9 presidents could not give us power supply. Mugabe did not borrow ( na who go even borrow am money ) but we borrow despite resources but still no light. If other counties are celebrating the fall of Mugabe, not like Nigeria

I concur

(1) (Reply)

China President Becomes President For Life / Meet The 31-year-old Conservative Poised To Become Austria's New Chancellor / Why Are Barbados People So Hardworking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.