Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome (18937 Views)

Anyim Pius Files N600m Libel Suit Over Land / Anyim Pius Anyim Arrested By EFCC In Abuja / Blessing Anyim Is Not My Daughter - Anyim Pius Anyim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by aminulive: 10:17am On Nov 25, 2017
@POLITICSNGR

Human rights lawyer, Mike Ozekhome has cried out over the treatment being meted out to the former secretary general of the Federation, Anyim Pius Anyim by the Economic and financial crimes commission(EFCC).

Anyim has been in detention for weeks now and is allegedly being kept in Inhumane and degrading conditions by officials of the anti-graft commission.

In a petition filed by Ozekhome, who is also Anyim's lawyer, he debunked the misleading reports by various media houses that the Ex-government official had been released by the commission on bail last Wednesday.

"This is a lie from the pit of hell. These false reports, which credit their source to “unnamed sources within the EFCC”, have continued to circulate throughout Thursday and Friday, with the intent to deceive the world and divert its attention from the gross abuse of the fundamental rights of Anyim, who has been kept under inhuman and degrading conditions for this unconstitutionally lengthy period".

According to the lawyer, Anyim is still being held by the EFCC even after submitting his passport and fulfilling all bail conditions. He alleged that they forced forme his client to sign all sorts of self-incriminating and property stripping documents against his will.

In spite of these and the clear provisions of sections 35 and 36 of the Nigerian Constitution and the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA), the EFCC has bluntly refused to release Anyim to go and attend to his very poor health over which he was receiving treatment before he was forcibly taken away from home.

This is calling upon the Attorney General and Minister of Justice to prevail on the EFCC (and all law enforcement agencies), to respect the rule of law and the constitution they have sworn to protect and defend by promptly ordering Anyim’s release forthwith."

https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/25/anyim-terrible-inhumane-conditions-efcc-custody-ozekhome/

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by biacan(f): 10:18am On Nov 25, 2017
These government has done more harm than good

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by morbeta(m): 10:38am On Nov 25, 2017
He should vomit his loots and have peace.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by Aonkuuse(m): 10:46am On Nov 25, 2017
hahahaha stop being emotional man, no pity for a thieve. He should bring back our money

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by jesse8048(m): 10:57am On Nov 25, 2017
How do these people sleep at night?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by greatiyk4u(m): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2017
is he different from other innocent Nigerians in detention whose only crime is poverty and lack of anybody to speak for them

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by ERockson: 11:18am On Nov 25, 2017
Centenary lottery thief. This man is a thief that mismanaged over #100b centenary fund. Yes I won they refused to pay. Thief Anyim pig should vomit our money before they release him

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by Stingman: 11:24am On Nov 25, 2017
Aonkuuse:
hahahaha stop being emotional man, no pity for a thieve. He should bring back our money

Has the ID camp SGF returned his loot? Though I am angry with Anyim for doing absolutely nothing for the SE, especially the federal roads, as he was the former senate preisdent and SGF, but the law should be equal to all.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by kettykin: 11:24am On Nov 25, 2017
Anyim please endure because ,buhari, tinubu, fashola, osibanjo will experience the same thing soon

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by Aonkuuse(m): 11:28am On Nov 25, 2017
Stingman:

Has the ID camp SGF returned his loot? Though I am angry with Anyim for doing absolutely nothing for the SE, especially the federal roads, as he was the former senate preisdent and SGF, but the law should be equal to all.
tell EFCC that not me

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by miqos02(m): 11:38am On Nov 25, 2017
wow
Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by AngelicBeing: 11:38am On Nov 25, 2017
Who cares, let him be fed with pee and cowdung, who cares, he is a thief and part of the useless criminal politicians that have rendered the country a cesspit of poverty and darkness, where is my cane to flog these useless otondo grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by otijah(m): 11:38am On Nov 25, 2017
When will tinubu be remanded in prison pls?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by amunkita(m): 11:39am On Nov 25, 2017
Hmm...

When he was stealing, was he humane enough to consider it's effect on the masses...

Nwoke enjoy their facility nd don't bother Us now, afterall u did not bother us wen u were making d money...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by Bayajidda1: 11:40am On Nov 25, 2017
cheesy
Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by godquality: 11:40am On Nov 25, 2017
When he was looting up-and-down nobody informed us. Na wey he dey face the music, this lawyer abi liar dey tell us. Oya wetin you want us to do? Have pity? Well even my pity was looted too.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by davodyguy: 11:40am On Nov 25, 2017
This guy is the advocate of criminals facing corruption charges

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by Jerrypolo(m): 11:41am On Nov 25, 2017
It's sad that things are taking this turn.
Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2017
otijah:

1,So Tinubu not being in jail makes Anyim Pius Anyim stealing your money ok?

2.Anyway, this is not the Tinubu thread....go open it, and get Seun to move it to FP.

3.Tinubu was investigated thoroughly by the previous admin, and they did not find anything incriminating. Now...that does not mean he is innocent...just that they did not find anything they could charge him with.

4.And don't call me a Tinubu defender. I think he is corrupt...but till someone finds actual evidence that substantiates my suspicions...he is free to go.

5.Make Anyim face court. If he is innocent...court will release him. If not...make him go jail. And that goes for all corrupt politicians whatever their party. Enough is enough.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by davodyguy: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2017
otijah:
bring evidence against him

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by mayowascholar(m): 11:42am On Nov 25, 2017
issokay
Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by AngelicBeing: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2017
morbeta:
He should vomit his loots and have peace.
Gbam, or else he should be flogged daily cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by JUSTICE4Nigeria: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2017
NNAMDI KANU ONCE SAID HE WHO WENT TO SERVE ZOO GOVERNMENT WILL COME BACK DISGRACED,
HE CAN ROT THERE FOR ALL WE CARE WHAT DID HE DO FOR SOUTH EAST

3 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by WunderGist: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2017
Issokay....... Next on the bulletin pls
Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by seunsola2411(m): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2017
THIS MAN MIKE OF A PERSON SHOULD B CAUTIONED. WHY DOES HE LIKE DEFENDIN PIPU THAT ARE NOT DEFENDABLE, PLEASE HOW MUCH CAN HE GET THAT WORTH TRUE CONSCIENCE

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by iamleumas: 11:43am On Nov 25, 2017
Ozekhome is a lawyer to every thief being pursued by this government. He is actively encouraging corruption! No wonder government does not want Diezzani to come back now! They know Ozekhome will arrange bail for her and that is the end of the case! This Edo born lawyer, na wa o!

Meanwhile,

Are you in need of someone who can help you design/redesign a blog at an affordable price? I am readily available.
If you're interested, kindly quote me.

2 Likes

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by Richy4(m): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2017
Hmmmmm!!
Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by john650(m): 11:45am On Nov 25, 2017
These politicians always cry for help to be released due to poor health. They never remember the sickness when they are stealing.

Please keep him there until he refunds all the money he stole. None of these people deserve my pity.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyim Pius Under Inhumane Conditions In EFCC Custody - Mike Ozekhome by jeggienut: 11:45am On Nov 25, 2017
Wetin concern me?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abubakar Elkanemi, Shehu Of Borno To Buhari: We’re Still Under Boko Haram Siege / Gov Wike Losing Massively To AAC In Rivers State / Killings: DSS, Police Force Protesters Off The Streets Of Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.