Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? (10009 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Career Capital - How To Gain A Promotion While Others Are Sacked Post COVID-19 / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by policy12: 7:16am On Nov 29, 2017
The best is to start preparation now that one day you won't be in that office again, I lost my job over 4months ago and brethren I can tell you its not easy.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by lazygal: 7:17am On Nov 29, 2017
jetroolowole:
Steve Jobs. J.K. Rowling. Walt Disney. Oprah. What do all these famous people have in common? They’ve all been fired.

If you’re currently staring at your own pink slip – or anticipating one in the near future, what will you do?

Freak Out
Sign a severance agreement
Cut down finances
File for unemployment benefits
Beg for one last shot
Look for any job
Take a gig job
Start sending out resumes instantly
Start a business
Take a trip
Fall back to your 2nd income
Leave a message below
Non of the above

Environment defers you can't compare theirs to ours...in those places you work hard and have opportunities ...can u say the same here ? Do we even have welfare programs ...houses such as council flats as provided in UK ?

Yesterday ,I was listening to radio Interviews of several teachers that were sacked by el rufai .these are all family men ..children ,wives and other dependants being a typical Africa setting .now tell me ,is there any welfare o ground in this country ? I understand what el rufai is doing and I support however ..........

Our country is still developing as compared to countries of people whose names You listed ,entertainment and literature still not widely lucrative as for I.T we are still far behind ...

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 29, 2017
jetroolowole:
Steve Jobs. J.K. Rowling. Walt Disney. Oprah. What do all these famous people have in common? They’ve all been fired.

If you’re currently staring at your own pink slip – or anticipating one in the near future, what will you do?

Freak Out
Cut down finances
Beg for one last shot
Look for any job
Take a gig job
Start a business
Take a trip
Leave a message below
Non of the above

Take sometime off to do a 'COMPLETE RESET'

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by justclinton(m): 7:21am On Nov 29, 2017
What wil i do if am fired? hmmm... i wil jus leave d office

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by PointZerom: 7:21am On Nov 29, 2017
Originality007:
what is the diff btw sacked and fired?

Sacked... To dismiss one from employment.

Fired..... To let someone go.
(just let him carry his wahala go).

I think No 2 is better as the person may not be punished afterwards.
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by kingreign(m): 7:22am On Nov 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
by who na? cool

As in eh? grin

Yesterday, I came to my workshop, I saw my customer car has shifted by 20feet, I sacked my admin staff sharply. angry
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Propertydealng: 7:22am On Nov 29, 2017
Nothing to say!

After working very hard this 2017, you deserve to reward yourself.

Buy yourself a plot of in Lagos
Check this out
Lakowe Golf Lakes........N10.5m
Abule Ado, Festac........N5.5m
Festac 6th Avenue.......N9m
Osoroko LEKKI..............N4.5m
ILORIN.......................N400k
Ewekoro Itori...............N500K
Boystown Ipaja............N10.5m
Anambra....................N2m
Isele Asaba.................N2m
Owerri.........................N2m
Ajeteju Lekki................N3.5m

Call 07037629947 for more details
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Buffalo2(m): 7:23am On Nov 29, 2017
lavendae:
I got fired on friday , no benefit after one year working with the organization, i worked out the gate confused and almost crying, got home ,went to church on sunday 'living faith church 'got a new job on monday
All because OUR case is different. Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:24am On Nov 29, 2017
kingreign:

As in eh? grin

Yesterday, I came to my workshop, I saw my customer car has shifted by 20feet, I sacked my admin staff sharply. angry

you do not want a repeat of 1947? grin
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Gkay1(m): 7:27am On Nov 29, 2017
life goes on
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by ladeb: 7:31am On Nov 29, 2017
uncle tell us a story
trustibk1:

Space bookers on nairaland . .
grin.
When your mates dey book space for lekki
And bananna...
cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by kingreign(m): 7:40am On Nov 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you do not want a repeat of 1947? grin

Na bad thing happen that year o
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 29, 2017
lavendae:
I got fired on friday , no benefit after one year working with the organization, i worked out the gate confused and almost crying, got home ,went to church on sunday 'living faith church 'got a new job on monday

Benefits don't come after only year of working. Congrats
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by guru03(m): 7:47am On Nov 29, 2017
I got fired as well, but am waxing strong pushing on with expectations, my wife will encourage me don't bother u shall have a better offer.
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 29, 2017
lazygal:

Environment defers you can't compare theirs to ours...in those places you work hard and have opportunities ...can u say the same here ? Do we even have welfare programs ...houses such as council flats as provided in UK ?

Yesterday ,I was listening to radio Interviews of several teachers that were sacked by el rufai .these are all family men ..children ,wives and other dependants being a typical Africa setting .now tell me ,is there any welfare o ground in this country ? I understand what el rufai is doing and I support however ..........

Our country is still developing as compared to countries of people whose names You listed ,entertainment and literature still not widely lucrative as for I.T we are still far behind ...

Why didn't they develope themselves just in case? Who are you blaming for their personal short coming, meanwhile amongst them are wives too so it's not only men that were sacked. Moral of the story, you can't be a teacher for over two years without refreshing yourself to ensure that you are always at per with your mates else where

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by alt3r3g0: 8:23am On Nov 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

Benefits don't come after only year of working. Congrats

I am sure you are reffering to a typical Naija company.

A colleage voluntarily resigned less than a year of working and still got paid (Ex gratia) for the short time he worked.

Besides after 6 months, the person should be a confirmed staff and should be entitled to some benefit.
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by lazygal: 8:26am On Nov 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why didn't they develope themselves just in case? Who are you blaming for their personal short coming, meanwhile amongst them are wives too so it's not only men that were sacked. Moral of the story, you can't be a teacher for over two years without refreshing yourself to ensure that you are always at per with your mates else where

Darling,those who understand my point ,understand it clearly.have a blessed week ahead
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Inception(m): 8:26am On Nov 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
by who na? cool

Na soooooo! grin grin
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jetroolowole(m): 8:26am On Nov 29, 2017
policy12:

The best is to start preparation now that one day you won't be in that office again, I lost my job over 4months ago and brethren I can tell you its not easy.
Sorry for the experience, but have you been able to find an alternative?
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jetroolowole(m): 8:31am On Nov 29, 2017
Christane:
.first i will cum bak up ..analysis d situation 4 a week or two to get myself bak 2geda ..then go job hunting ....cus wen dz z lyf d z hope ..and God z preparing u 4 great things ahead ...
That's a sure part although I have my own reservation
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by rajiraymond(m): 8:33am On Nov 29, 2017
Whatever...... All I know is that, life goes on!
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jetroolowole(m): 8:37am On Nov 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

You are on point @pidgin2. You can't stand still and expect the world to obey your rule of stagnation.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by mrSerious(m): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2017
jetroolowole:

Freak Out
Cut down finances
Beg for one last shot
Look for any job
Take a gig job
Start a business
Take a trip
Leave a message below
Non of the above

Not the end of the world! Pick up the pieces, start again. I'll be out with my resume looking for other opportunities the next morning.

Starting a business is also a viable option.
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by policy12: 8:40am On Nov 29, 2017
jetroolowole:

Nothing yet it has not been easy. I don't know if you can help a grad with 2:1
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by policy12: 8:41am On Nov 29, 2017
jetroolowole:

Thank you bros, but nothing yet it has not been easy. I don't know if you can help a grad with 2:1 in pub Admin.
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by agrovick(m): 9:24am On Nov 29, 2017
Take a bottle of my favorite drink, have a good sleep and then chart a course to follow.

Life is easy
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by Sarahluv(f): 9:33am On Nov 29, 2017
Starting a business is the best option. Thank God for platforms like fundscheap, any Nigerian can raise funds.

It is always wise for any worker to build multiple streams of income and avoid stories that touch when the days of trouble come upon them.
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jaychubi: 10:47am On Nov 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
by who na? cool

By ur employer or customers grin grin
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jetroolowole(m): 11:09am On Nov 29, 2017
vowel:
Nothing is permanent so i believe having dat mindset i need to have an alternative,mayb going into buying n selling business or travel out to chill somewia to hv a rethink on way forward
I think everyone should prepare for the worse sace scenario
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jetroolowole(m): 11:09am On Nov 29, 2017
agrovick:
Take a bottle of my favorite drink, have a good sleep and then chart a course to follow.

Life is easy
Love the Life is easy part. In other word no need to freak out
Re: What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? by jetroolowole(m): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2017
Sarahluv:
Starting a business is the best option. Thank God for platforms like fundscheap, any Nigerian can raise funds.

It is always wise for any worker to build multiple streams of income and avoid stories that touch when the days of trouble come upon them.
You are right about multiple streams of income, in this economy, you can't live on one source of income. But the incomes still matters.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer / 5 Major Keys To Being The Perfect Boss / Advise Me: What Is The Best Course A Female Philosophy Graduate Do At Masters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.