Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class (1689 Views)

See My CGPA For This Semester, Is It Necessary At All? / See My Cgpa For Level 200 First Semester, Can I still make first class? / 5 Easy Ways To Be A 1st Class Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by preyeamaorutobi(m): 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
Good day my fellow nairalanders am a 2oolevel student in n.d.u and am studying economics my gpa for year one is 3.37 and 4.50 which sum up to a cgpa of just 3.85 and i want to make it up with a 1st class in my final year dont know how possible it is i need ur advice pls
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
Hit 5.0 From Your 2nd Year To Final Year.

Note: 5.0
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
preyeamaorutobi:
Good day my fellow nairalanders am a 2oolevel student in n.d.u and am studying economics my gpa for year one is 3.37 and 4.50 which sum up to a cgpa of just 3.85 and i want to make it up with a 1st class in my final year dont know how possible it is i need ur advice pls
I'm not sure you can make a first class with this result, by 300L, you will face tougher courses like econometrics, eco301 and 302 and other tough economics courses then you will be struggling to keep your 2_1. I'm talking from experience.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:
Hit 5.0 From Your 2nd Year To Final Year.
Note: 5.0
Not possible in economics.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by TemmyT123(m): 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
Possible though if only they won't sly you. But I will suggest u rather work more on yourself. Learn necessary skills and take up professional courses.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by TemmyT123(m): 6:41pm On Nov 25, 2017
acme6:
I'm not sure you can make a first class with this result, by 300L, you will face tougher courses like econometrics, eco301 and 302 and other tough economics courses then you will be struggling to keep your 2_1. I'm talking from experience.
The fear of Econometrics.. Lolz. grin
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2017
TemmyT123:
I dey tell you.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by aminu790(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2017
Continue reading bros somany people make it
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by TemmyT123(m): 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2017
acme6:
I dey tell you.
But it is not that hard if only a good lecturer can take you.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
TemmyT123:

But it is not that hard if only a good lecturer can take you.
My dear, you will not understand, most lecturers that teach it sef do get confused at a point. Econometrics is difficult, and my lecturer do assume we know some and just skip some steps to arrive at the final answer.

I checked my result recently and I had a B in econometrics, I almost ran mad, why? because I didn't know I could get it.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
Don't mind those who say it is not possible.

It is very possible if you have the brain and ability. Is there no one who has ever had an A in all these difficult courses?
Aim high and you will rise up.

2 Likes

Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by TemmyT123(m): 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2017
acme6:
My dear, you will not understand, most lecturers that teach it sef do get confused at a point. Econometrics is difficult, and my lecturer do assume we know some and just skip some steps to arrive at the final answer.

I checked my result recently and I had a B in econometrics, I almost ran mad, why? because I didn't know I could get it.

I know that feeling, B isn't bad unless you are an A kind of student.
Which school is that by the way and what level are you in?
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by preyeamaorutobi(m): 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
TemmyT123:

i am very good in maths and statistics
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Icosahedron(m): 11:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
acme6:

Bros. I just got Admission into UNIBEN to study Mathematics and Economics as a combined course, I saw Econometrics on the course outline too. Is it that bad? What are chances of making a from first class considering that Maths itself is not picking beans.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 26, 2017
Icosahedron:

Bros. I just got Admission into UNIBEN to study Mathematics and Economics as a combined course, I saw Econometrics on the course outline too. Is it that bad? What are chances of making a from first class considering that Maths itself is not picking beans.
You can make first class if you put in more effort.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by TemmyT123(m): 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
preyeamaorutobi:
i am very good in maths and statistics
That helps a lot but it still depend on the lecturer.
Because you can be given questions that has no need for calculations nor proofing.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by TemmyT123(m): 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
Icosahedron:

Nothing to be scared of, you just need dedication.
You can always have your full marks in mathematics but in economics you might not be able but still yet that doesn't hinder you from having A's..
A lot of first class students in my department, so you can also do it.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2017
I don't just get it, why some persons would want to use their pitiable predicaments and failure to rub off others determination. That some of you did badly or woefully in Economics does not serve as a yardstick why others can't perform well to attain a First Class honours. There is nothing difficult in the whole wide world, it only takes determination, courage, outright dedication, viable projections, subtle disposition and above all God's guidiance to attain whatever that you desire.

So, I believe you can still make it there.Don't buy people's failures but rather use their woes to shape your prospects, projection and perspective.

3 Likes

Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Although Economics isn't easy but believe in yourself, you can make it. Don't let your last result to discourage you please.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Hahjascho(m): 1:44pm On Nov 26, 2017
Follow a reading pattern of scoring not less than 90 in all remainng courses to be offered

Be focused... don't follow populace perception about a particular course or lecturer

Move closer to God...be more devoted .there av bn testimonies where lower grade scores have bn
Upgraded unexpectedly even to A....nothing is impossible with God

1 Like

Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Abyima(m): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2017
You can. I am a living witness.
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Abyima(m): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2017
You can. I am a living witness. Just stay focus
Re: Can 3.85 Cgpa For Yr1 Make A 1st Class by Gistben: 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2017
sure, but ensure u make at least 4.8 for 5 max. cgpa in other subsequent sessions

(1) (Reply)

Professor Omololu Soyombo Picks Appointment Letter As Acting Vice Chancellor / Skusat And College Relief Fund / Japa Through Education To Uk Before The Close The Door

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.