Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,705 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) (44944 Views)

Court Remands Man Over Kidnap, Murder Of His 82-Yr-Old Father In Ekiti (Graphic) / FIRS Director, Mohammadu Kudu Lawal, Shot Dead / Husband Of A Pregnant Woman Hanged In Ekiti (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Yarnvibes(f): 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
​Popular Radio Presenter Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti

A popular radio presenter, Abulganiyu Lawal has been shot dead while hunting by unknown persons at Araromi-Oke in Ekiti East Local Government of Ekiti State.

The 42-year-old OAP, who was a member of Freelance and Independent Broadcasters Association of Nigeria (FIBAN) in Ekiti State has since been buried according to Islamic rites in his parents’ residence at Igbemo-Ekiti.

It was gathered that the ugly incident occurred Thursday night along Apepe farm settlement in Araromi-Oke.

A source close to the deceased family said Ganiyu, after holding a meeting with his hunter friends decided to go into the bush to hunt and promised to return before 10pm.

Friends and relatives became worried when they expected him to return throughout Thursday night but he never did.

His phone number was also not going through when they tried calling him.

They later reported the matter at Ilasa Police station about the sudden disappearance of the man.

This made the police to embark on a search for him.

Report came to his friends and relatives who had been on his search that body of a man was discovered beside the bush by villagers going to the farm on Friday morning.

Police and some of the deceased relatives ran to the scene, to their amazement met the lifeless body of Ganiyu with bullet wounds on the ground.

One of his colleagues, Mr Wumi Ajisafe, who is the coordinator of FIBAN in Ekiti East, described the late Ganiyu as a perfect gentle man.

The deceased is survived by wife and three children.

http://fabinfos.com/popular-radio-presenter-shot-dead-hunting-ekiti/

So sad....WHO kill Alfa Abdul Ganiyu Lawal an NUT and a member of FIBAN Ekiti state chapter. He was shot in Araromi beside the road in the bush. Oga o.
The demise of this former FIBAN ELECO, very prominent and active member, Late Abduganiyu Lawal was very sad & pathetic. May Allah be with the wife and children left behind.

Bayo Victor Famoroti
https://www.facebook.com/bayo.victorfamoroti/posts/1491821607561545

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by baresywood(m): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
R. I. P
Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Queenlovely(f): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
Rip

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Jakumo(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
Queenlovely:
Who were those hunting with him? They have a lot of questions to answer. This muslims and Sharp burial self.

During a hunting expedition in Bulgaria. I lost a man in the forest. Thank God for tracking devices attached to him. We found him on top of a tree. Thank God he didn't die

On top of a tree ! Kai, that must have been one very intense hunting trip.

Did the gentleman hunter explain what he was doing on top of a tree, in that Bulgarian forest ? Was he attempting to ambush baboons and other dangerous monkeys who had been using that tree as an emergency exit, after they might have finished illegally eating farmers' corn ?

Now, as a fellow hunter, I must confess that I am very eager to master this technique of grappling with baboons high up in trees, where any miscalculation could cause either me, the baboon, or even BOTH of us, to lose our footing and fall 60 feet to mother earth.

Delving into the specifics of baboon wrestling in trees, I will need more detail on how to avoid being stabbed by those long sharp yellow teeth that baboons use for waging battle to such deadly effect, both on the ground and in the trees.

Would it be advisable to grab the baboon by the neck, and then preemptively bite him on the face, Mike Tyson style, so as to gain the upper hand early in the battle ?

Finally, since I rely very heavily on Juju-Motive Technology to accomplish my hunting objectives, I seek to gain some insight from you, about which particular charms, amulets and talismans I should tie around my waist, preparatory to each tree-ambush baboon hunting expedition.

Thank you in advance, and God bless Nigeria.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by BruncleZuma: 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2017
sad sad sad sad

Dick Cheney

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by miqos03: 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2017
wow
Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by sarrki(m): 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
Fayose
Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Fakepastors: 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
Is he IPOB

1 Like

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
Sorry
Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Alday: 6:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
Bad way to go.
The hunter became the hunted.

Someone warn Dick Cheney's people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by sKeetz(m): 6:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
There is no peace in Afonjaland.

It's either your skull is mined or they just waste you for nothing.

Pathetic!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by HERSLEY(f): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
Hmmm 9ja ain't safe anymore... A zoo maybe.

5 Likes

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Flexherbal(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Mrdecent(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
R I P
Don't be surprised, even profs still go for hurting in Ekiti

4 Likes

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Sage7(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
My head played me....almost thought it was the Daddy Freeze!

RIP to the dead!

2 Likes

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by wiilly02(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
Not a good way to die.....RIP
Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by mamatayour(f): 6:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
The friends of the deceased should be questioned. I mean those he had a meeting with before he went hunting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Randy100: 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
Jakumo:

Did the gentleman hunter explain what he was doing on top of a tree, in that Bulgarian forest ? Was he attempting to ambush baboons and other dangerous monkeys who had been using that tree as an emergency exit, after they might have finished illegally eating farmers' corn ?

Now, as a fellow hunter, I must confess that I am very eager to master this technique of grappling with baboons high up in trees, where any miscalculation could cause either me, the baboon, or even BOTH of us, to lose our footing and fall 60 feet to mother earth.

Delving into the specifics of baboon wrestling in trees, I will need more detail on how to avoid being stabbed by those long sharp yellow teeth that baboons use for waging battle to such deadly effect, both on the ground and in the trees.

Would it be advisable to grab the baboon by the neck, and then preemptively bite him on the face, Mike Tyson style, so as to gain the upper hand early in the battle ?

Finally, since I rely very heavily on Juju-Motive Technology to accomplish my hunting objectives, I seek to gain some insight from you, about which particular charms, amulets and talismans I should tie around my waist, preparatory to each tree-ambush baboon hunting expedition.

Haba bros. You don weak me.

4 Likes

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by FarahAideed: 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
Another case of hunter becoming the hunted ..RIP
Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by franchuks(m): 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
So sad.... God grant him eternal rest. Hope the perpetrators are arrested

1 Like

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
Reflective vests

Camoflague

That is all

[img]http://www.dec.ny.gov/images/wildlife_images/guideorange.jpg[/img]
Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by squash47(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
Queenlovely:
Who were those hunting with him? They have a lot of questions to answer. This muslims and Sharp burial self.

During a hunting expedition in Bulgaria. I lost a man in the forest. Thank God for tracking devices attached to him. We found him on top of a tree. Thank God he didn't die
Ur lie dy smell

1 Like

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by phreakabit(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
Fulani at work!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by supereagle(m): 6:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
mamatayour:
The friends of the deceased should be questioned. I mean those he had a meeting with before he went hunting
It is not what you think. I am a hunter, when you go for group hunting like this , hunters who are not experienced and skilful can miss the targets and hit human target.
Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by bandad: 6:44pm On Nov 25, 2017
Queenlovely:

Bulgaria cooked story.

3 Likes

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by onatisi(m): 6:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
shey na by force to eat bush meat ?
na wa ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Boyooosa(m): 6:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
Queenlovely:

Are u a female hunter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by MaconAwire(m): 6:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
......n the hunter was hunted

R.I.P MAN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Criticize001(m): 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2017
This is pathetic
Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by zoedew: 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2017
Jakumo:

Alan Snooper aka Tatalo Alamu in The Nation on Sunday! lolzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Abdul Ganiyu Lawal Shot Dead While Hunting In Ekiti (Graphic Photo) by Boyooosa(m): 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2017
sKeetz:
There is no peace in Afonjaland.

It's either your skull is mined or they just waste you for nothing.

Pathetic!
No peace in your fatherland? shocked

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers / Burial Of South African-Based Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Onitsha / Slay Queen Busted After Sending Fake Transfer oF N65,000 To A Vendor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.