Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,549 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

How To Become Like God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become Like God (426 Views)

They Shall Become Like God / ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil / ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Man Is Also A Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become Like God by Kei144(m): 4:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ge. 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
Ge. 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Ge. 3:4 “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman.
Ge. 3:5 “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

The Bible says that God created mankind in His image; yet the serpent said to the woman, “When you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God.” Is there a contradiction here? Or was the serpent just lying? There is no contradiction and even though the serpent lied to the woman, the lie was not about whether mankind was already like God or not, but rather about how to become like God.

God created mankind with the structure or potential to become like God. But mankind was to grow up in godliness. There are seven stages or levels of godliness. At the time of creation, man was placed by God at the first stage of godliness. Becoming like God, which the serpent talked about in Ge. 3:5, refers to reaching the seventh level of godliness.

Ge. 2:7 The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
Ge. 2:8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
Ge. 2:9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground — trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Having started man off at the first level of godliness, God created an environment where man could rise up in godliness and thereafter put man in the environment. The environment is the Garden of Eden or Garden of God. Lucifer and some other angels of God were not happy that God had given the new being that God just created (man) the potential to grow in godliness without limit. Angels themselves had limits as to how far they could grow in godliness. God decided to harness the jealousy welling up the hearts of Lucifer and some other angels to good use. (All things work together for good—Ro.8:28). He allowed Lucifer to tempt mankind to rebel against God. If mankind resisted this temptation, they would grow in godliness.

Jn. 6:27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”

In order to earn the food that endures to eternal life (the fruit of the tree of life), one must resist every temptation and do the will of God. This is a natural law. People ask why God allowed the serpent to go and tempt mankind, but without temptation or tribulation, mankind can never grow in godliness. Man must do some spiritual work in order to earn the food that endures to eternal life. It is unfortunate that Adam and Eve could not do the work. They chose to flow with the tide, instead of going against the tide. Flowing with the tide (serpent) means doing no work, while going against the tide is a lot of work. Mankind was therefore degraded from the stage one of godliness that they were in.
Re: How To Become Like God by Kei144(m): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Salvation of Mankind

How could mankind be saved from the ungodliness that Adam and Eve plunged them into? Some religions like Judaism and Islam say that all it takes is to ask for forgiveness and God will forgive. Unfortunately, the issues involved are not just a matter of that man has sinned against God. The issues involved are very deep. The nature of mankind changed, as result of the wrong choice made by Adam and Eve. Recovery of the original nature of mankind actually requires recreation of mankind—born again. God will not just recreate mankind with a wave of His magical wand because He has His angels to contend with. One third of God’s original angels accused God of unduly favouring man. God must have defended Himself by saying that He did not unduly favour man. After all, did He not place man at a level of godliness that is below that of angels (Ps.8:5; He. 2:7) and then gave man the opportunity to work himself even up to the seventh level of godliness? Now that man has worked himself down to negative godliness, God will not unduly favour man by pulling him out of ungodliness.

Jn. 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Jn. 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

What God has done in order to save mankind from ungodliness is to send a new man into the world to save the old mankind. God also placed the new man (Jesus Christ) at the first level of godliness (He. 2:9; Mt. 3:16). God then moved the new man to the desert where he was tempted by Satan (Mt. 4:1). Tribulation is always an opportunity for a human being to grow in godliness. Jesus handled the desert experience very well and God promoted him to higher level of godliness. It is in this higher level that Jesus began his earthly ministry.

Lk. 4:14 Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside.

Jesus earthly ministry ended with him dying on the cross for the salvation of mankind. The salvation of mankind from ungodliness is hinged on the blood that Jesus shed for us on the cross and on his flesh that was broken for us.

Jn. 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live for ever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
Jn. 6:52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”
Jn. 6:53 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Jesus made it clear that his flesh and his blood together form the fruit of the tree of life that makes a human being to live forever. The only way to grow in godliness is by drinking the blood of Jesus and by eating his flesh. Like the Jews of old asked, the question remains: How can Jesus give us his flesh to eat and his blood to drink?
Re: How To Become Like God by Kei144(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
Drinking the Blood of Jesus and eating his Flesh

He. 4:2 For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.

Jesus spoke the most important word in this world to Jews, but the message was of no value to them, because they did not combine it with faith. The message is simply that the fruit of the tree of life is now available to mankind, in the form of the blood and the flesh of Jesus Christ. Anyone who continues to drink the blood of Jesus and eat his flesh has the life of God.

Even today’s Christians are also confused by the all-important message of Jesus Christ. They cannot understand how to drink the blood that Jesus Christ shed on the cross some two millennia ago. They therefore argue that the all-important message of Jesus Christ should not be taken literarily, but allegorically. But I have come to learn that words of Jesus Christ are most effective when taken literarily, albeit by combining them with faith.

Faith is being certain of what we do not see (He. 11:1), or as Ro. 4:17 puts it, calling the things that are not as though they were? So, even though there is no way we can lay our hands on physical blood and flesh of Jesus Christ, we can lay hand on them spiritually by faith. Faith is all about believing in your heart and speaking with your mouth in agreement what you believe (Ro. 10:8,10).

2Co. 4:13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” [Psalm 116:10] With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak.

One day in the year 2013, as I meditated on the word of God while lying on my bed, I thought about this statement by Jesus that unless we drink his blood and eat his flesh, we have no life in us. From that day, I began the practice of praying, “In the mighty name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I drink the blood of Jesus; I eat the flesh of Jesus.” As I say the prayer, I open my mouth and use my imagination to visualize me drinking the blood and eating the flesh. Not long after I started this kind of prayer, I noticed that the prayer stirred the powers of darkness and they came to probe the source of this disturbance. Towards the end of 2013, I suddenly noticed that I had this ability that if I said very short prayer over any person that was sick, the person got healed immediately. By then, I couldn’t really explain how the power to heal came upon me.

Recently, I began to drink the blood of Jesus Christ and eat his flesh by faith again. I have noticed tremendous change within me. I hereby invite you to sort of experiment by praying as follows:

In the mighty name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I fill my being with the blood of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit of God. I eat into my being the flesh of the Lord Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit of God. I cleanse myself from all my sins, all impurities and all idols (evil spirits) by the blood of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit of God.

The above prayer is derived from both Jn. 6:53, Ez. 36:25 and He. 9:14. Please share the testimony of your experience.
Re: How To Become Like God by Pierohandsome: 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
God bless u bro
Re: How To Become Like God by Kei144(m): 7:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
Pierohandsome:
God bless u bro

You are extraordinarily blessed, my bother.

1 Like

Re: How To Become Like God by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
If you look weird in a good way for ppl, then you probably be consider like a God/gods.

Some of the God/gods are Aliens. Spaniards were considered gods by Aztec empire inhabitants at first during the 16th century AD.
Re: How To Become Like God by ifenes(m): 11:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
You are talking about Aliens feeding on human flesh and blood dude. This is a terrible explanation.

(1) (Reply)

A Carnal Man Can Never Understand The Things Of The Kingdom Of God / Deeper Life December Retreat, 22-25 Dec,2017.titled -the Dawn Of A New Beginning / Did King David Actually Exist? Extraordinary Artifact Confirms Biblical Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.