Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

See What Governor Fayose Has To Say About The Striking Health Workers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Governor Fayose Has To Say About The Striking Health Workers. (680 Views)

Lere Olayinka: Fayose Has Thrown A Challenge… Buhari’s Men Should Follow Suit / Kamal Ladejobi: 'Fayose Has Not Touched A Newspaper Since He Became Governor' / 'Fayose Has Promised Students 20 Marks To Vote For PDP' – Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See What Governor Fayose Has To Say About The Striking Health Workers. by akjeg(m): 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
I am compelled to speak to Ekiti people concerning the strike action embarked upon by the resident doctors of Ekiti-State Teaching Hospital. I want to say expressly that I don't have the kind of money the Doctors are asking for. In other words, meeting their conditions at this time is very difficult for me. The finances of the state is not too robust at this period to meet the demands of the Doctors. I have appealed to the Doctors and I am again using this opportunity to appeal to them. We have many ongoing projects which I must at all costs complete before I leave office next year. I have promised Ekiti people there will be no carry over on our projects. I cannot use all the money accrued to the state to pay workers salaries or pensioners. There are other people in the state and it is our duty to make sure the money goes to everybody. By December this year, I will be celebrating with our children, they are also important stakeholders in the state.

Whoever have patients at the teaching hospital, please don't allow them to die there, move them to private hospitals across the state. The Federal Medical Centre Ido is also there. I want to assure Ekiti people that I will continue to serve them
based on the available resources to the state. This is a difficult time and we must all work together to sustain the good works of this Government.

Within the next few weeks, we shall take a precise action concerning the strike action of the Doctors.

Thank you all, God bless.

Gov. Ayodele Fayose.
Re: See What Governor Fayose Has To Say About The Striking Health Workers. by AntiWailer: 4:55pm On Nov 26, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

Who ever have Patients should move then to private hospital ?

Nice one from aspiring President...

Idiot.
Re: See What Governor Fayose Has To Say About The Striking Health Workers. by UAE123(m): 5:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
Though moving patients to private hospitals will help to save lives but it is really expensive to keep the sick ones in those private hospitals for lo g period of days. I will appeal & hope that the state government dialogue with the striking doctors so as to make them call off the strike & I hope other trade unions are not planning to embark on their own strike as well.

(1) (Reply)

I Can Take Oath That Buhari Is Very Clean – David-west / In The Case Of Amasa Firdaus: Applying Live Test For Public Opinion. / Yul Edochie Reveals Ambition For Presidency In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.