Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,331 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update (1219 Views)

Official List Of Infinix Smartphones To Receive Android 8 Oreo Update And Date / See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update / How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Reediano(m): 8:55am On Nov 27, 2017
If you are very familiar with Samsung then you know the company doesn't mention which of its devices are going to be updated to a new major Android version but it always tries to give at least one year of major update or 2 years for the flagships.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-RpRFaU-5ky4/WhvA1H1n3GI/AAAAAAAARs4/jJbrtRouBOEE3R2VAFri87yAA1npsKa5gCLcBGAs/s1600/yomitech.com_Samsung-Android-Oreo.jpg[/img]
A list has just surfaced on China's Weibo social network and it contains the full names of Samsung phones that will supposedly receive the android 8.0 Oreo update. The list was actually leaked by a well-known Samsung analyst and leaker (ice universe).

Going by the list, all Samsung galaxy S6 variants which includes the Galaxy S6, S6 edge and S6 edge+ will receive the upcoming Oreo update. Most of Samsung's 2017 A series smartphones and also many Samsung tablets will receive the update too.

Although there is no official date or timetable for Samsung's Oreo update yet but we expect it to start rolling out by first quarter of 2017.

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/11/full-list-of-samsung-smartphones-to-receive-oreo.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
Don't even expect S7 and S7 edge to get it until after March 2018. Samsung are slow with updates especially the carrier versions.
Re: Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Reediano(m): 10:57am On Nov 27, 2017
greenhulk:
Don't even expect S7 and S7 edge to get it until after March 2018. Samsung are slow with updates especially the carrier versions.
that's because they are trying to make it as less buggy as possible
Re: Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
Reediano:
that's because they are trying to make it as less buggy as possible

More like they have too many phones out there and difficult to send update to all of them. Also too many carrier versions and too many bloatwares
Re: Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Reediano(m): 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
greenhulk:

More like they have too many phones out there and difficult to send update to all of them. Also too many carrier versions and too many bloatwares

Carriers actually take care of the updates themselves...

Samsung sends to them and the carriers do the rest
Re: Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
Reediano:

Carriers actually take care of the updates themselves...

Samsung sense to them and the carriers do the rest

If Samsung does not release an update carriers can't do anything. First Samsung need to get the update ready and send to carriers and carries fine tune it and send it over the air. The bottom line is Samsung are too slow with updates. LG, HTC, and most of the other top dogs normally get their updates before Samsung.
Re: Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Reediano(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
greenhulk:

If Samsung does not release an update carriers can't do anything. First Samsung need to get the update ready and send to carriers and carries fine tune it and send it over the air. The bottom line is Samsung are too slow with updates. LG, HTC, and most of the other top dogs normally get their updates before Samsung.

Exactly what I said... There was a typo Sense = send
Re: Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 27, 2017
greenhulk:

I prefer the slowness of Samaung updates because it usually free from bugs and also add features. I can't deal with stock or near stock UX, Samsung's approach is fine IMO
Re: Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
ollah1:

I prefer the slowness of Samaung updates because it usually free from bugs and also add features. I can't deal with stock or near stock UX, Samsung's approach is fine IMO

I hate stock ux. One of the reasons I go for Samsung, I so much love their ux and features. Smart screen capture, multi window, general UI... I just don't like how simple stock is.
Re: Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
greenhulk:

I hate stock ux. One of the reasons I go for Samsung, I so much love their ux and features. Smart screen capture, multi window, general is... I just don't like how simple stock is.

Exactly. We are on the same side of the coin
Re: Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Reediano(m): 10:16am On Nov 28, 2017
ollah1:

Exactly
Re: Full List Of Samsung Smartphones Expected To Receive The Android 8 Oreo Update by Reediano(m): 10:18am On Nov 28, 2017
greenhulk:

I hate stock ux. One of the reasons I go for Samsung, I so much love their ux and features. Smart screen capture, multi window, general UI... I just don't like how simple stock is.

And the fact that Samsung knows how to handle all this many extra feature without making it too much of a budden on the device performance or ram optimization...

(1) (Reply)

Oneplus To Launch In March 2018 With Under The Display Finger Print Scanner / Live Stream Tecno Camon CM Launch Event Here / New App To Recover Your Stolen Phone Without Stress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.