Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,626 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun (25587 Views)

Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer / Photos From John Odigie-Oyegun 80th Birthday Celebration / South-West Governors Absent At Meeting With Odigie-Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by DONSMITH123(m): 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday sympathised with the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, over the exit of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar from the party.

Buhari chose the venue of the inauguration of the Ama Pepple-led National Minimum Wage Committee to convey his sympathy to the party chairman who joined top government officials for the event.

The President made his position known while acknowledging dignitaries that attended the event ahead of his remarks.

Turning to Odigie-Oyegun, Buhari said, “Accept my sympathy for losing a senior member of your party.”

Although he did not mention a name, it was obvious that the President was referring to Atiku who announced his resignation from the APC on Friday.

The former vice-president was one of those who contested the party’s presidential ticket ahead of the 2015 general elections and lost to Buhari.

He came a distant third behind Buhari and a former Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso.

Buhari and his spokesmen had avoided speaking on Atiku’s exit since the news broke on Friday.

Before making his position public on Friday, Atiku had resigned from the APC since October 18, 2017.

In his resignation letter, the former vice-president said he left the APC because he could not “reconcile” himself with the ruling party’s dismal performance.

The resignation letter was addressed to the ward chairman of the APC in Jada 1, Jada Local Government Area of Adamawa State.

The letter, which was titled ‘resignation,’ was received by Usman Muazu.

The letter dated October 18, 2017, read in part, “I wish to inform you of my decision to resign my membership of the All Progressives Congress in this ward with effect from the date of this letter.

“I’m resigning from a party we formed and worked so hard, with fellow compatriots across the country, to place in government.

“I had hope that the APC government would make improvements to the lives of our people and the continued existence and development of Nigeria as one indivisible nation. This hope has now been dashed.

“I’m unable to reconcile myself with the dismal performance of the party in government, especially in relation to the continued polarisation of our people along the ethnic and religious lines, which is threatening our unity more than any other time in the recent past, and the unbearable hardship that our people are currently undergoing.

“Let me emphasise again that this is not about me. We have to have a country before people can aspire to lead it.

“While wishing you well, let me express the hope that in the near future, a substantial number of you will join forces with us to, once again, defeat impunity, and restore vision and purpose to the politics of our great country.”

Cc: lalasticlala

http://punchng.com/atikus-exit-accept-my-sympathy-buhari-tells-odigie-oyegun/

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by FastShipping: 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2017
Buhari has been a colossal failure. I must admit that. Corruption fight has been one sided. His appointments have favored one section of the country. I still believe we are still better off than we were under PDP and ineffectual Buffon where outright stealing, lies, religious and ethnic baiting policies were the order of the day.

Corruption going on under Buhari's administration is child's play to monumental stealing that occurred under ineffectual Buffon.

Having said all of these; it is my hope PDP grabs the moment and do the right thing by nominating a young, vibrant and visionary non politician as presidential candidate. Nominating Atiku to be PDP candidate is going to be a cake walk for Buhari.

Give Obasanjo a microphone during election campaign and he's going to roast Atiku and turn Atiku to bad meat. Obasanjo has sworn never to allow Atiku lead this country. All Obasanjo needs to do is to grant interviews to BBC, Aljazeera and few international media and Atiku is toast. Obasanjo has the power to roast Atiku if given the microphone and audience. Be warned.

Let me remind all of you that Atiku has not set his foot into the United States of America since 2006 because he has a case to answer here. Do we want such person as presidential candidate? No.

If you disagree with me, let's have a constructive debate.

In the meantime, Atiku/Ibori for president. grin grin

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by OnankpaBa(m): 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2017
LOL.. FUNNY MAN

3 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by OnankpaBa(m): 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2017
FastShipping:
Buhari has been a colossal failure. I must admit that.

Are you more than him?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by Mynd44: 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2017
Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by Activeman391(m): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
Looks like d exit is not a welcome one
Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by dukie25: 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
I also sympathise with APC for their looming collapse.

The burial will be in 2019, accept our condolences in the meantime.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by morbeta(m): 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2017
Why is everybody shaking because Atiku left Apc?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by yarimo(m): 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2017
ATIKU / TOMPOLO 2019

4 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by jolyment: 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
Sympathize for yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by Theakthedream: 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
Ok
Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by hardywaltz(m): 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
Atiku u will neva be President...

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by icon8: 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
DONSMITH123:

Turning to Odigie-Oyegun, Buhari said, “Accept my sympathy for losing a senior member of your party.”

The bolded says it all!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by PearlStreet(m): 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
Buhari telling Oyegun "your party"

Overtake don overtake overtake.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by Flexherbal(m): 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
Funny politicians!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by BruncleZuma: 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by Kundagarten: 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
Accept my sympathy for the dieing APC.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by wellmax(m): 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
His exit will not make any difference.
Baba ride on

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by wellmax(m): 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
He wanted compensation, didn't know times have changed.
Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
Useless sympathy

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by saraki2019(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
"buhari dividing nigerians along ethnic lines" -atiku 2017
atiku that left apc with bifrans and ipob mentality
he thinks south-east, biafrans or Igbos can give him presidency
those that allow their grandpa ojukwu to fail woefully
can make him president.
mhm

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
FastShipping:
Buhari has been a colossal failure. I must admit that. Corruption fight has been one sided. His appointments have favored one section of the country. I still believe we are still better off than we were under PDP and ineffectual Buffon where outright stealing, lies, religious and ethnic baiting policies were the order of the day.

Corruption going on under Buhari's administration is child's play to monumental stealing that occurred under ineffectual Buffon.

Having said all of these; it is my hope PDP grabs the moment and do the right thing by nominating a young, vibrant and visionary non politician as presidential candidate. Nominating Atiku to be PDP candidate is going to be a cake walk for Buhari.

Give Obasanjo a microphone during election campaign and he's going to roast Atiku and turn Atiku to bad meat. Obasanjo has sworn never to allow Atiku lead this country. All Obasanjo needs to do is to grant interviews to BBC, Aljazeera and few international media and Atiku is toast. Obasanjo has the power to roast Atiku if given the microphone and audience. Be warned.

Let me remind all of you that Atiku has not set his foot into the United States of America since 2006 because he has a case to answer here. Do we want such person as presidential candidate? No.

If you disagree with me, let's have a constructive debate.

In the meantime, Atiku/Ibori for president. grin grin
dont bother waiting for PDP to do the right thing. its just beyond them. Thievery is part and parcel of that parties ideology
Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by Teewhy2: 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
Is it his sympathy why tell him to accept it.
It is end of season and parties just dey sign politicians anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by Boyooosa(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
Glorious Exit!
Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by BlueLORD: 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
"your party" says buhari

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by AceRoyal: 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2017

So it's now Oyegun's party and no longer PMB's party?

Has PMB forgotten that as the president under the Flagship of APC that he's the party leader while Oyegun is the party chairman?

As usual when any good thing happens, PMB takes the glory and praise. Whenever something bad happens he tries to distant himself from it even though he has a major stake in it and look for who to shift the Blame to, in this case Oyegun.

That statement if true has given us a snippet into the true state of APC...... an implosion is imminent!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by chillychill(f): 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
Good radiance jare undecided

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by Pavore9: 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
Person die? angry
Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by free2ryhme: 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
DONSMITH123:
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday sympathised with the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, over the exit of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar from the party.

Buhari chose the venue of the inauguration of the Ama Pepple-led National Minimum Wage Committee to convey his sympathy to the party chairman who joined top government officials for the event.

The President made his position known while acknowledging dignitaries that attended the event ahead of his remarks.

Although he did not mention a name, it was obvious that the President was referring to Atiku who announced his resignation from the APC on Friday.

The former vice-president was one of those who contested the party’s presidential ticket ahead of the 2015 general elections and lost to Buhari.

He came a distant third behind Buhari and a former Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso.

Buhari and his spokesmen had avoided speaking on Atiku’s exit since the news broke on Friday.

Before making his position public on Friday, Atiku had resigned from the APC since October 18, 2017.

In his resignation letter, the former vice-president said he left the APC because he could not “reconcile” himself with the ruling party’s dismal performance.

The resignation letter was addressed to the ward chairman of the APC in Jada 1, Jada Local Government Area of Adamawa State.

The letter, which was titled ‘resignation,’ was received by Usman Muazu.

The letter dated October 18, 2017, read in part, “I wish to inform you of my decision to resign my membership of the All Progressives Congress in this ward with effect from the date of this letter.

“I’m resigning from a party we formed and worked so hard, with fellow compatriots across the country, to place in government.

“I had hope that the APC government would make improvements to the lives of our people and the continued existence and development of Nigeria as one indivisible nation. This hope has now been dashed.

“I’m unable to reconcile myself with the dismal performance of the party in government, especially in relation to the continued polarisation of our people along the ethnic and religious lines, which is threatening our unity more than any other time in the recent past, and the unbearable hardship that our people are currently undergoing.

“Let me emphasise again that this is not about me. We have to have a country before people can aspire to lead it.

“While wishing you well, let me express the hope that in the near future, a substantial number of you will join forces with us to, once again, defeat impunity, and restore vision and purpose to the politics of our great country.”

Cc: lalasticlala

Na burial dem dey ni grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by UbanmeUdie: 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
shocked

Is PMB now dissociating himself from APC?

Why term it "Your Party" instead of "Our Party"

Indeed he belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody.

This man is truly mad!

3 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Exit: Accept My Sympathy, Buhari Tells Odigie-Oyegun by ejembi28(m): 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
Bros nawaa for u oohh,Di's ur combination no be here
ATIKU/ TOMPOLO FOR 2019
is alright, i hear u
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Open Grazing: Asaba Declaration Exposed North’s Failed Leadership – CNG / Emefiele Bribes, Silences Lawmakers With Bureau De Change Licences - Sahara R. / Photos Of President Tinubu At G20 Compact With Africa Conference In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.