Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,119 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't (52462 Views)

Chichi Igbo Slays In Gown, Couldn't Recognize Herself / Nigeria Believes In Juju, We Believe In God’ – Libya Coach Speaks Ahead Of Clash / Samuel Eto'o Denies Saving 'slaves' From Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Walelavender(m): 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2017
OP, this piece could have made sense if the Nigerian government, which should be responsible for these fellas, gets the knock and not Pastors. Are you people not tired of this tithe-thing? It's no more 'selling' abeg channel your grievances to PMB and Abike Dabiri.

5 Likes

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by MakeADifference: 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2017
These anti-tithe, anti-prosperity, anti-church, and anti-good people are the latest "hired mourners" of the day.

My 10%, my business.
What concerns Freeze?

Nobody ever achieved greatness pulling others down. When the Freeze and his mob grow older he/they would realize that.

By the way if they arent "sheep", they are free to be a goat.

comrChris:
These people are pathetic, so many of them don't know how those churches are being runned. Anybody can become a pastor,they should go and become one if they think pastors are making much.
I choose to pay my tithe, its not any bodys money, i owe no body any apology

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Mariangeles(f): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2017
Ajixegun:

Who told you they don't collect offering. They even call offering with different names. I don't know why people are attacking pastors these days. If they didn't want to give offering and tithe again one will beat them.
After all, Nigeria government is seeing that Nigerians are being held hostage in Libya.
We shouldn't be surprised 'cause Jesus said so in John 15:19-21...

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by firo08(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2017
Nigeria is damn cursed
Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Ajixegun: 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2017
melejo:
Op your village people are on top your matter. You didn't see your politicians it's the pastors, nonsense, did you forget any money at the church? There are also Pastors in Cameroon. You should be comparing Eto with JJ Okocha, Kanu and co but your bigotry will not let you have sense. The church marches on anyway. Nonsense. The people perpetrating that heinous crime against humanity belong to Muslim community, the imams and Alfas have not spoken up yet you didn't see it, you only jump up to attack the church
Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2017
mmsen:
The pastors are useless and the people who enable and enrich them by way of tithes and offerings are equally useless.

oh yeah, they are both to blame here...

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by PointZerom: 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2017
kelvd4real:

Do you know why Churches and other NGOs are exempt from paying Taxes to Government? It is because they are expected to use the money for public welfare. They are supposed to help government indirectly by helping the people around them. In other-words, they are expected to give back to the society by doing "good deeds" e.g Provide affordable schools, Medical facilities etc.
Question is, How have they been giving back to the society?

Do you know why the govt forsake you, your road, education etc? It's b'cos you're expected to be creative and do those things by yourself. In other words, you're expected to give back to your govt.
Question is, How hv you been given back to the govt?.

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by realmanarken(m): 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2017
Malcolm101:
Have U Or Father Ever Paid Your Tithe? Or Na The #50 Offering The Pastors Go Use? You Are A Fool. An Idiot From A Mumu Mother.
And This Malcolm Tin Would Be An Agitating Pastor Or A Pastor's Pest Who Is Trying To Save His Trade.You Are Insulting Some One Who Is Saying The Truth Infact You Are An Overcombulated Dilemma To This World. Try Hard Bastard Piece Of Shit.
Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Mariangeles(f): 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2017
firo08:
Nigeria is damn cursed
Nigeria is blessed!
We have seen worse times,
All these shall pass, mark my words...

2 Likes

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Niyinficient(m): 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2017
Stupid post....i no no wetin pastors do una sha...imams and babalawos no the d country again?

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2017
FYI;
I KNOW 4 SURE THAT MOST BOYANT MEN OF GOD HELP IN EVERY WAY THEY CAN.
THERE'S NO NGO OR GOVT BODY THAT HAS DONE 000.9% OF WHAT TB JOSHUA DOES 4 THE LESS PRIVILAGED IN THIS WHOLE CONTINENT. LOTS OF OTHER MEN OF GOD DOES TOO. SO FU-CK YOU OP.
FU-CK YOUR MAMA. FU-CK YOUR MENTOR FREEZE.

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by gord1225: 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2017
Get your facts right before posting..@wisdom...
The federal government have been bringing Nigerians (at least 200) back from Libya since October (every week)... If you need confirmation, visit Lagos airport hotel tomorrow morning... New batch of Nigerians will return tonight..

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Ashmark(m): 6:38pm On Nov 28, 2017
Do you actually need to put Pastors?

Why not generalize it instead of listing..

But you forget to put Alhaji in your list.

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by stagger: 6:38pm On Nov 28, 2017
OP, which pastor did they consult before they embarked on those perilous journeys? Can a lizard in Nigeria turn to a croc in Italy or Libya?

2 Likes

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Acidosis(m): 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2017
It would have been more honourable to say; What your father couldn't do, Samuel Eto did...

Where was your father when Nigerian pastors and celebrities were making their money?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2017
I'll Tell You What. Just As Much As You Do Not Have Respect 4 Men Of God, Some People Like Me Can Kill 4 Men Of God Or My Religion; Just As Core Muslim Would If You Dare Insult Theirs.
So, Fyi; Its Clear Your Parents Didnt Train You Well But Mind The Way You Talk About My Religion. Idiot.
realmanarken:
And This Malcolm Tin Would Be An Agitating Pastor Or A Pastor's Pest Who Is Trying To Save His Trade.You Are Insulting Some One Who Is Saying The Truth Infact You Are An Overcombulated Dilemma To This World. Try Hard Bastard Piece Of Shit.

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Ugosample(m): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2017
mexxmoney:
All this demon inspired attacks against the church in Nigeria will fail. The churches in Nigeria are more involved in charity work and philanthropy than any other organizations. I don't know why the op chose to attack only the Christians as if Christians are the only ones who have a moral responsibility to other humans. I know many church based charity and relief organizations in Nigeria who are doing a lot to impact and improve people's lives. All this rubbish must stop. Once anybody does any thing good, the new default mode is to attack pastors for not being the ones doing it. My question is, should pastors be the only ones to solve all of the world's problems while others who also have the means fold their arms because pastors must carry all the worlds problems on their head?

The church in Nigeria is filled with criminals.

Too bad y'all are too blind to see it

there is no smoke without fire

But you guys can continue to defend them

But we who see them for whom they are know better

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2017
What nonsense?

Are Nigerian Pastors Eto's counterparts in Nigeria. Your sense of comparison is pitiably watery.

Are Nigerian Pastors occupying the responsible ministries, departments and agencies of government responsible for migration. How about the Ministry of External Affairs, House / Senate committees on External affairs, SSA to the president on Diaspora matters etc,NAPTIP, Imigrations et all.

Anybody can perform altruistic services for fellow country men but let the appropriate organs of government live up to their responsibilities.
Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Timoli2014(m): 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2017
Synagogue Church church of all nations has done more than a lot irrespective of their religious, political and cultural backgrounds, even sent plane on a low key to rescue them in thousands even gone as far as giving them reasonable amounts of money to start a new life in Nigeria. Make your research

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by mrmajor5: 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2017
delishpot:
But OP...................Ebuka's Agbada stole the show.

They will say those Nigerians in Libya rejected the offer to help flown home? They said Libya in war is better than Nigeria in peace.
On the other hand, did those Nigerians cry out for help to return home or they would love to be helped to cross border into Europe?
lybia in war is better than Nigeria in peace, u just said it all, I regret ever been a Nigeria.
Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Ugosample(m): 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2017
Mariangeles:
where are the imams and Alfas?
...or is that since they don't collect offerings, they are not obligated to speak up.
Nonsensical writeup!

Imams and alfas don't tax their followers the way those bastards in church do, that's why the spotlight is less on them.
Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by mrmajor5: 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2017
Nukilia:
Address your problem to Bihar and Osibanjo cheesy angry cheesy Nigeria Pastors don't owe you a dime!
they owe a lot of dime cos dey hv become bunch of disgrace to Christianity, if u don't know

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Ugosample(m): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2017
PointZerom:

The writer is a useless attention seeker. If he's a Muslim, let him tell us what Islamic leaders are doing in this direction... if he's an Atheist, let him tell us what his group is doing in this direction.

Atheists do more charity work and humanitarian stuff than the criminal and bastard pastors will ever do in 50 yrs

If you don't know, most mega philanthropists are non religious

3 Likes

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
INSTEAD OF U TO CHANNEL YOUR ANGER TO YOUR STUPID PRESIDENT, YOUR SENATORS WHO MAKES IN A DAY MORETHAN YOUR FATHER WOULD EVER MAKE IN A LIFETIME, YOUR OPENING YOUR SMELY MOUTH TO CRITICISE PASTORS.
DO YOU THINK CHURCHES ARE SOME KIND OF GOVT AGENCIES OR NGO?
HOW MUCH HAVE YOU OR ENTIRE FAMILY EVER DONATED?
DO YOU KNOW THAT MUSLIMS ARE BETTER GIVER THAN MUST PUNK ASS XTAINS?
DO YOU KNOW THAT MANY DONATES BILLIONS TO ISLAMIC SECTS? HOW MUCH HAVE YOU OR YOUR FATHER EVER DONATED TO THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST?
FOLLISH GENERATION.

2 Likes

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by dyungrules(m): 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2017
Why tithe dey pain Una? Did anyone come to ask you for help to pay tithe? Is it your money? Did the person paying complain to you? You no dey say before, you carry am for head. Allow those that want to pay,pay and if you feel they are enriching pastors, is it your money. People have their reasons for paying and it works for them. If you answer freeze don't want to pay, the church will still continue. So allow us and our tithe be

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2017
Whick Charity Works Have You Ever Done?
Oh, Because Your Church Didnt Maybe Buy You A Care You Think They Arent Doing Enuf?
Is Your Church Suppose To Be A Worship Place Or Charity Org.? Mumu.
Ugosample:

Atheists do more charity work and humanitarian stuff than the criminal and bastard pastors will ever do in 50 yrs

If you don't know, most mega philanthropists are non religious

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by mmsen: 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
Malcolm101:
FYI;
I KNOW 4 SURE THAT MOST BOYANT MEN OF GOD HELP IN EVERY WAY THEY CAN.
THERE'S NO NGO OR GOVT BODY THAT HAS DONE 000.9% OF WHAT TB JOSHUA DOES 4 THE LESS PRIVILAGED IN THIS WHOLE CONTINENT. LOTS OF OTHER MEN OF GOD DOES TOO. SO FU-CK YOU OP.
FU-CK YOUR MAMA. FU-CK YOUR MENTOR FREEZE.

Are NGOs and government bodies putting up shoddy buildings that caused the deaths of hundreds?
Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by bezimo(m): 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
The Op is just expressing his frustration in a misguided way.
I am aware a few pastors preach against going abroad by Libya..so sad that some folks see that as the only option after refusing the voice of reason not to attempt the suicide..to now link the terrible conditions of the prospective abroad through Libya migrants face on pastors is not only daft but ludicrous and mischievously absurd.

Is the Op confusing the functions of government with pastors..In a sane country when it's citizens are trapped in another country either due to war, natural disaster or unrest or whatever they send help to evacuate their citizens. When govt have demonstrated their failure to cater for the masses and it's citizens in diaspora instead of channelling your frustration to Govt failure you are channeling it to Pastors because they collect tithe.Did you vote for pastors or what. Even if some of us who believe in tithing tithe. Is it your tithe..is it your father's tithe..what's your business, you who have never tithed have with pastors who collect tithe.Abeg make I hear word.
Small thing..Pastors this pastors that..tithe this tithe that.If you have a problem with pastors go and meet them and say it to their face instead of coming to social media to fault them in a daft way at the slightest of opportunity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by ADIEMUS(f): 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
kennosklint:
Op why didn't you mention imams abi you smoke?
hahaha he smoke gbana
Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by virus05(m): 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
Wisdomkosi:
so you want to tell us that they are only good at collecting money from the poor masses instead of giving back to them when something like this happens huh?
Collecting money how? Did they beg you for money ? Are you okay? Tithing is not by force. What's your problem with pastors, Are they forcing anyone to give them money? . If you are poor and don't have money to give don't give nobody is forcing/begging you. What's the big deal there? Things you should be blaming government, you're blaming pastors I don't know how they relate Or has any pastor killed or imprisoned anybody for not paying offering/tithe?

1 Like

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by michony505(m): 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
mexxmoney:
All this demon inspired attacks against the church in Nigeria will fail. The churches in Nigeria are more involved in charity work and philanthropy than any other organizations. I don't know why the op chose to attack only the Christians as if Christians are the only ones who have a moral responsibility to other humans. I know many church based charity and relief organizations in Nigeria who are doing a lot to impact and improve people's lives. All this rubbish must stop. Once anybody does any thing good, the new default mode is to attack pastors for not being the ones doing it. My question is, should pastors be the only ones to solve all of the world's problems while others who also have the means fold their arms because pastors must carry all the worlds problems on their head?
The thing self tire me. ARE PASTORS THE CAUSE OF OUR MISFORTUNE? These people claim they are civilized But their thinking is still crude

3 Likes

Re: Libya Slave Trade: Eto Did What Nigerian Pastors, Celebs, Politicians Couldn't by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2017
Omg!
I actually thought of this last week. Assuming I was wealthy, I would have done that. Maybe this a sign to take it up. I wanna raise a campaign for money to be contributed for Nigerians in Libya to come home.
Whose with me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Messi Slammed With £540 Fine For Diego Maradona Shirt Celebration / Kanu Nwankwo Shared His 20 Years Ago Throwback With Arsenal / Ring And Card Girls Banned From Anthony Joshua And Andy Ruiz Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.