Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline (14672 Views)

How Mdas Spent Over N1bn To Prepare 2020 Budget — TribuneOnline / Aso Rock Cabal Shops For Osinbajo’s Replacement - TribuneOnline / How Dapchi Girls Died, Buried — TribuneOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by sarrki(m): 11:04am On Nov 29, 2017
A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos on Tuesday heard former Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu allegedly used the state funds to purchase second hand clothes popularly known as Okrika

This was revealed by an Investigator with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. John Ejim, who on Tuesday, tendered several bank documents used by Slok Nigeria Limited, a company belonging to Kalu, before the court.

Kalu, his Commissioner of finance, Udeh Jones Udeogu, and Slok Nigeria Limited, are standing trial before the court, on 34 counts charge bordering over alleged N3.2 billion fraud, brought againat them by the EFCC.

At the resumed trial of the defendants on Tuesday, the witness who was led-in-evidence by the prosecutor, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs, also told the court how the second defendant, Jones Udeogu, told the commission during interrogation that the first defendant, Kalu, used government money to purchase ‘Okirika’, fairly used clothes.

The witness also told the court how a petition written by an Abia group, ‘Abia Leader Forum’ was assigned to his team for investigation.

“Sometimes in September 2005, a petition dated September 7, 2005, written by Abia Leader Forum, was forwarded to the EFCC. The petition was assigned to my team which was led by Mrs. Funke Adetayo for investigation.

“Prior to the petition, EFCC was already building intelligence on some state governors. It was on this basis that my team was asked to handle issue of Abia state”.

The EFCC investigator further told the court how his commission wrote letters to some banks that were identified by its intelligence information.

Some of these banks he said includes:Hallmark bank, Standard Trust Bank (now UBA) Citizen bank (now Spring Bank), Inland Bank (now FCMB) and some others.

Ajim further told the court that a search was also conducted with a duly signed search warrant at the Slok Nigeria Limited offices in Victoria Island and Apapa, Lagos, where several documents were recovered.

He also told the court that some principal officers of Abia State Government House, who includes: the Chief of Staff to Kalu, Thoedore Orji, who later became the Governor of the state, and now a Senator, the Director of Finance, Udeh Jones Udeogu, who is the second accused person in the case, two cashiers of the Government House, Romanus Madu and Michael Akpan Udoh, were invited for interrogation.

The prosecution witness who is the sixth to be called in the case, further told the court that in the course of the investigation his team discovered cheques raised on Abia State Government account in the name of serving officers. He added that the said cheques are used to buy drafts from the Inland bank in the name of Slok Nigeria Limited and pay same into the company’s account with the bank.

The matter has been adjourned till Wednesday, for continuation of trial.

Kalu alongside his former aide, Udeh Udeogu, and his company, Slok Nigeria Limited, are being tried by the EFCC before the court on an amended 34 count-charge of alleged N3.2 billion fraud.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/orji-kalu-allegedly-use-abia-funds-engage-okrika-business/

1 Share

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by sarrki(m): 11:05am On Nov 29, 2017
Can you imagine ?

Yet claimed developing Lagos

I am amused

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
Can you imagine ?

I am amused
He talks too much.

4 Likes

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 29, 2017
Bad guy.
Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by sarrki(m): 11:09am On Nov 29, 2017
bjolat:

He talks too much.

I agree with you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by sarrki(m): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2017
Cc myndd44

Cc lalasticlala
Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by Evablizin(f): 11:16am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
Can you imagine ?
I am amused
Lol, i know this news just made your day so sweet.
Eko oni baje.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by sarrki(m): 11:17am On Nov 29, 2017
Evablizin:
Lol, i know this news just made your day so sweet.

Eko oni baje.

Sweet heart

How you take know

Obaje ti

5 Likes

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by Victornezzar: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:

Sweet heart

How you take know

Obaje ti
Orji Kalu is an apc member so we ain't surprised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by Evablizin(f): 11:23am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:

Sweet heart
How you take know
Obaje ti
It will not spoil oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by SalamRushdie: 11:24am On Nov 29, 2017
So you can see where some of our problems stem from, do you think a man who is a major importer of used clothes will ever want the standard of living to improve? Hell No!!! He will make sure you get poorer so you can buy his used clothes

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by Desyner: 11:28am On Nov 29, 2017
I still rate him above those using state money to build churches and mosques. He effed up though.
Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by sarrki(m): 11:30am On Nov 29, 2017
Victornezzar:

Orji Kalu is an apc member so we ain't surprised

Wetin concern me with APC

I deal with individuals

Progressives deal with individuals

I am a patriot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by Victornezzar: 11:32am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:

Wetin concern me with APC

I deal with individuals

Progressives deal with individuals

I am a patriot
U lie.....You are a die hard supporter of Apc
no be sarrki wey I know b4??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by sarrki(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2017
Victornezzar:

U lie.....You are a die hard supporter of Apc
no be sarrki wey I know b4??

Is obiano , Dankwambo and Umahi APC ?

Didn't I support them ?

Check the waybi blast kogi, jigawa and Benue governors at will are they not APC ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by sarrki(m): 11:35am On Nov 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:
So you can see where some of our problems stem from, do you think a man who is a major importer of used clothes will ever want the standard of living to improve? Hell No!!! He will make sure you get poorer so you can buy his used clothes

We are progressives

Only that we differ on baba

2 Likes

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by SalamRushdie: 11:39am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:

We are progressives

Only that we differ on baba

So true
Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by qualityovenbake(m): 11:42am On Nov 29, 2017
Am not surprise, most of our country's top politicians acquired most of their wealth through bribery, fraud, embezzlement and inside connections.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by sarrki(m): 11:56am On Nov 29, 2017
qualityovenbake:
Am not surprise, most of our country's top politicians acquired most of their wealth through bribery, fraud, embezzlement and inside connections. 

Aside pmb

1 Like

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by sekundosekundo: 11:59am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
Cc myndd44

Cc lalasticlala

This news is fake, Orji Uzo Kalu though a criminal, had made his money even before becoming the governor of Abia State.

2 Likes

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by qualityovenbake(m): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:

Aside pmb
Quote from Aung San Suu Kyi
We delude ourselves by projecting qualities onto politicians who have no intention of embodying them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by sarrki(m): 12:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
qualityovenbake:
Quote from Aung San Suu Kyi

The lady you quote what did she do in Myarmar

Baba is not a politician

What did she do when children and women were maimed in Burma

3 Likes

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by miqos03: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
Seen
Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by ayourbamie: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
Boskona?
Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by Engrkaypee: 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=sarrki post=62817273]A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos on Tuesday heard former Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu allegedly used the state funds to purchase second hand clothes popularly known as Okrika

This was revealed by an Investigator with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. John Ejim, who on Tuesday, tendered several bank documents used by Slok Nigeria Limited, a company belonging to Kalu, before the court.

Kalu, his Commissioner of finance, Udeh Jones Udeogu, and Slok Nigeria Limited, are standing trial before the court, on 34 counts charge bordering over alleged N3.2 billion fraud, brought againat them by the EFCC.

At the resumed trial of the defendants on Tuesday, the witness who was led-in-evidence by the prosecutor, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs, also told the court how the second defendant, Jones Udeogu, told the commission during interrogation that the first defendant, Kalu, used government money to purchase ‘Okirika’, fairly used clothes.

The witness also told the court how a petition written by an Abia group, ‘Abia Leader Forum’ was assigned to his team for investigation.

“Sometimes in September 2005, a petition dated September 7, 2005, written by Abia Leader Forum, was forwarded to the EFCC. The petition was assigned to my team which was led by Mrs. Funke Adetayo for investigation.

“Prior to the petition, EFCC was already building intelligence on some state governors. It was on this basis that my team was asked to handle issue of Abia state”.

The EFCC investigator further told the court how his commission wrote letters to some banks that were identified by its intelligence information.

Some of these banks he said includes:Hallmark bank, Standard Trust Bank (now UBA) Citizen bank (now Spring Bank), Inland Bank (now FCMB) and some others.

Ajim further told the court that a search was also conducted with a duly signed search warrant at the Slok Nigeria Limited offices in Victoria Island and Apapa, Lagos, where several documents were recovered.

He also told the court that some principal officers of Abia State Government House, who includes: the Chief of Staff to Kalu, Thoedore Orji, who later became the Governor of the state, and now a Senator, the Director of Finance, Udeh Jones Udeogu, who is the second accused person in the case, two cashiers of the Government House, Romanus Madu and Michael Akpan Udoh, were invited for interrogation.

The prosecution witness who is the sixth to be called in the case, further told the court that in the course of the investigation his team discovered cheques raised on Abia State Government account in the name of serving officers. He added that the said cheques are used to buy drafts from the Inland bank in the name of Slok Nigeria Limited and pay same into the company’s account with the bank.

The matter has been adjourned till Wednesday, for continuation of trial.

Kalu alongside his former aide, Udeh Udeogu, and his company, Slok Nigeria Limited, are being tried by the EFCC before the court on an amended 34 count-charge of alleged N3.2 billion fraud.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/orji-kalu-allegedly-use-abia-funds-engage-okrika-business/
[/quote hmmmm
Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by censeakay(m): 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
Orisirisi
Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
Naija my country. ....
Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by Chevalier(m): 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
xxx3069:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim

Can someone ban this guy for life
He's just wasting useful space.

3 Likes

Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2017
he is a saint na, APC tins
Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by BornAgainMay: 1:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
cool
Re: How Orji Uzor Kalu Used Abia Funds To Engage In Okrika Business - TribuneOnline by Lilimax(f): 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
He would not be touched the reason he quickly ran to APC.
Currently beating the drum for Buhari and APC embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Half Of PDP Staff Face Sack, Demand Full Entitlements / Lagos Markets Shut To Honour Jakande / ‘COVID-23’ Ravaging Nigerians Due To Cbn-induced Naira Scarcity: Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.