Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

LASG Presents N254.6m To Deceased Workers’ Families - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Presents N254.6m To Deceased Workers’ Families (325 Views)

Current Wife Of Dapo Williams Chases The 1st Son Of The Deceased During burial. / Nigeria’s Unemployed Rises From 17.6m To 20.9m In Nine Months / N254 Million Bribery Charges: I Won’t Go Down Without Akpabio, Says OBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Presents N254.6m To Deceased Workers’ Families by afroniger: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
http://punchng.com/lasg-presents-n254-6m-to-deceased-workers-families/

Afeez Hanafi

The Lagos State Government on Tuesday presented N254.6m to families of 99 deceased staff members of local government areas and the State Universal Basic Education Board as insurance benefits.

The payment was said to be the second phase of the payment of insurance package to families of the deceased.

In the first phase in May 2017, the sum of N191.9m was paid to families of 46 deceased workers of LGAs and SUBEB.

At the disbursement of the funds to the beneficiaries at Alausa, Ikeja, the Commissioner for Local Government and Community Affairs, Muslim Folami, said 57 of the deceased workers were from local government, while 42 others were from SUBEB.

Folami, who was represented by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government and Community Affairs, Fola Padonu, said, “I need to state that this November edition, which is the second phase in 2017, is witnessing payment of benefits to 99 beneficiaries; including 57 dependants of deceased workers of local government and 42 dependants of deceased workers of SUBEB.”

The commissioner commended Governor Akinwunmi Ambode for being mindful of the plight of the dependants of the deceased workers and his commitment to the cause of prompt payment of premium to ameliorate the suffering of dependants.

The Permanent Secretary, Local Government and Community Affairs, Fola Padonu, whose speech was read by the Director, Local Government Administration, Hakeem Grillo, appealed to the beneficiaries to use the money judiciously.

Mynd44,
Lalasticlala

Re: LASG Presents N254.6m To Deceased Workers’ Families by quickberry(m): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ambo is working.....Lagos is moving
Re: LASG Presents N254.6m To Deceased Workers’ Families by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
Seen...this is a tradition which BAT & BRF sustained at their time grin
Nothing new here undecided
Re: LASG Presents N254.6m To Deceased Workers’ Families by Gisthoodng(m): 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
Ambode is working but I know he also has bad deals underground Sha but his work is great openly

(1) (Reply)

Fraudsters Are Impersonating Me Using Fake Emails With Russian I.P Addresses / Who Is To Be Blame. Nigerians Or Nigeria / What We Learned From The Recent Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.