Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,837 members, 7,844,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Customs Confiscates Smuggled Rice - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Confiscates Smuggled Rice (13619 Views)

Smugglers Load Twelve Bags Of Cement On Motorcycles To Be Smuggled To Cameroon / Navy Confiscates 3,574 Bags Of Smuggled Rice In Calabar / Shocking Ways Drugs Have Been Smuggled Across The World's Borders(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Confiscates Smuggled Rice by Dottore: 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
Na person money be that.
Re: Customs Confiscates Smuggled Rice by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2017
What will happen to all these rices?

Will they be use to bribe zombies with votes?

APC and Buhari's government banned importation of food and other commodities, the APC and Buhari's corrupt government exporting foods and other resources out of Nigeria to other countries while Nigerians are dying of hungers.

APC and Buhari's corrupt government officials are starving Nigerians in order to give them a plate of rice, one piece of meat and N2000 to 2,500 in exchange for votes for another more hungers years.
Re: Customs Confiscates Smuggled Rice by Mordecai(m): 10:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
Its that time of the year.

Prepare the ground, flood social media with tales of rice smugglers, and create a viable excuse for seizing travellers' bags of rice this Xmas.
Re: Customs Confiscates Smuggled Rice by Doctemi: 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2017
basic23111:
we don't have enough food yet Buhari ban import of food and same buhari export yams and other agro product. its very clear this administration is clueless

And what this one saying
Re: Customs Confiscates Smuggled Rice by dudiz4me(m): 12:01am On Nov 30, 2017
cool for their own mind ,,
They cant tell me say no be OGA at the top send them make Dem collect some rice for Christmas and New year celebration for their family
okay
me: oga custom wettin you wan use am do huh?_
Una we'll work though, abi you wan help keep am, make I ask Una my share tomorrow be4 una go Carry am come give for house, well make una no worry thunderstorms dey warm up for una,
Re: Customs Confiscates Smuggled Rice by sweetilicious(f): 9:56am On Nov 30, 2017
Its not true.I distribute made in Abakaliki rice.We should patronise ours.Its tastier and nutritious more than foreign and over processed rice.Abakaliki rice is stone free and chaff free too.
PrecisionFx:

U can't produce Rice.
Ur also Seizing imported rice.
What is wrong with Nigeria.
Re: Customs Confiscates Smuggled Rice by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2017
sweetilicious:
Its not true.I distribute made in Abakaliki rice.We should patronise ours.Its tastier and nutritious more than foreign and over processed rice.Abakaliki rice is stone free and chaff free too.

Madame Nigeria does not produce enough rice to meet her demand for rice, It's a stupid idea to for anyone to ban his staple food when they do not have any form of backup. Immediately buhari did it, 50kg bag of Rice prices which mostly goes for under 10k swiftly moved to 25 - 30 thousand naira o'er bag.

I am in Enugu state, I know every single detail based on Abakiliki rice cuz my aunty has been planting rice over there for over 30 years now(from wen rice farmers parboiled their rice locally with giant pots till the day many rice processing factories came up in Ebonyi state.

In sane nations, First the govt calculates the amount of rice the nation consume yearly (let's say 3 million metric tonnes), Secondly calculate the amount of rice the nation produce (let's say 800k metric tonnes), Then Govt will make sure that only 2.2 million metric tonnes of rice comes into the country yearly.

As the rice farming increase, FG will keep reducing imports till whenever it balances.
Re: Customs Confiscates Smuggled Rice by sweetilicious(f): 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Madame Nigeria does not produce enough rice to meet her demand for rice, It's a stupid idea to for anyone to ban his staple food when they do not have any form of backup. Immediately buhari did it, 50kg bag of Rice prices which mostly goes for under 10k swiftly moved to 25 - 30 thousand naira o'er bag.

I am in Enugu state, I know every single detail based on Abakiliki rice cuz my aunty has been planting rice over there for over 30 years now(from wen rice farmers parboiled their rice locally with giant pots till the day many rice processing factories came up in Ebonyi state.
Yeah you made sense.But this theory is only applicable to a sane clime where foreign products hasn't eaten so deep in to the system not withstanding the substandard quality.All things been equal,prices where bound to go up because of scarcity of dollars for importers.Now that it is so stressful,more expensive and riskier for importers to get some products that can be manufactured in this country from foreign countries thereby improving the GDP of those countries,some wise business experts have improvised by sourcing for those machinery that can be used in milling this rice,processing them by removing stones and chaffs so as to be good for consumption.Nigerian business men are so smart.If only they knew all this plan from beginning,they would have filled up their wayhouses with this rice to last for many years waiting, thereby prompting man-made scarcity for the demand to exceedingly go higher thereby increasing the price incessantly.You will still complain by then.Advice all this importers to purchase more machines for proper rice milling and watch how things will get better.In as much as i don't like Nigerian Govt and their policies,this one on banning of some products that can be sourced in this country is welcomed by me.You will never grow if you don't cook your meals even when you have all food stuff but you prefer to eat out everyday spending 60% of your income thereby empowering restaurant.You are in for a fall if you don't make do by making your own meals.This is the theory i think the Govt is making use of. I have been able to market and sell to some people Abakaliki rice.The difference is clear.With more adequate machinery,you won't be able to differentiate soon. THANCHU SO MUCH.

In sane nations, First the govt calculates the amount of rice the nation consume yearly (let's say 3 million metric tonnes), Secondly calculate the amount of rice the nation produce (let's say 800k metric tonnes), Then Govt will make sure that only 2.2 million metric tonnes of rice comes into the country yearly.

As the rice farming increase, FG will keep reducing imports till whenever it balances.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldiers’ Deaths: Halt Attacks On Delta Communities, Falana Tells Military / Stupid Nigerian-Kenyan Ambasador Beats His Wife / Gunmen Attack Nzharuvo In Plateau; Five Feared Killed, Despite Buhari’s Presence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.