Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? (3492 Views)

Apostle Suleman: Don’t Give Money To Any Lady This Christmas / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by mybestlove(m): 7:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
This issue has been bordering me for some time now. There is this mad guy that always come to me to request for money anytime I am in my village and, I always give him. Frankly speaking, my giving him the money is based on the fact that our religions taught us to be giving alms to the needy but, somebody recently told me to stop giving to the mad man because nobody knows the spirit behind his condition.
Since this advice came I have been disturbed and I want to know if I was wrong.
So I decided to ask my fellow nairalanders to know if it is good or advisable to be giving money to mad people.

Please your good contributions here will benefit a lot of us because I know I am not the only one that has given money to mad people.
Re: Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by femo86(m): 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
ok.. I'm cuming
Re: Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by extralargehead(m): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
My case is extraordinarily different. Mad people would always approach me for help, some even at the peek of their insanity would take out time to greet me calmly and politely request for assistance.My brother, at a point i became worried, more so when my business took nose dive. keep away from them,there are less privileged people if you look around. don't give your money to demons and unclean spirits.
Re: Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by NwaAmaikpe: 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
extralargehead:
My case is extraordinarily different. Mad people would always approach me for help, some even at the peek of their insanity would take out time to greet me calmly and politely request for assistance.My brother, at a point i became worried, more so when my business took nose dive. keep away from them,there are less privileged people if you look around. don't give your money to demons and unclean spirits.
shocked

Your case my brother is because blood is thicker than water.

Back to the topic;
It's good to give to mad people because one good turn deserves another.
So that if we get mad, people will give to us too.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
Their Media Officer has addressed the issue adequately above.

Please let us not argue too much.
Re: Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by extralargehead(m): 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=62895497] shocked

Your case my brother is because blood is thicker than water.

Must you insult me, when i did not make any reference to you? please be show some respect .
Re: Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by DOUBLEWAHALA: 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
femo86:
ok.. I'm cuming
my guy what are u useing?

kiwi,aboliki,gel,soap,baby pears, essential bam, or almighty vaseline
Re: Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by 1Sharon(f): 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2017
I dont beleive in giving money for beggers
Re: Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by feelgoodInc: 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
there's nothing wrong to give to mad people, but my people don't give because if you have two hands and two legs you shouldn't be begging or going mad, most of the mad people I know are willing to work for you just to get cash, if you have one leg or one hand you're still going to work rather than beg for alms.

I'm not saying the mad man should work for you but they still want to help you do somethings like cleaning themselves, barbing their hair, sweeping the floor at least show working that you're trying.

what I mean is mad people, yes I'm talking about mad people not beggars.
Re: Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by Nuzo1(m): 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
Mad people have needs too, especially in a society where the mentally and physically disadvantaged citizens are not carried along.

No free and efficient psychiatric facility, no reserved parking lots and seats, no shelter, NOTHING! So, how are there supposed to feed? Your remnants in the trashcan?

And some Christians even talked about how giving to mentally challenged people with foul spirit can deplete your income and business. Nigerian Christians na Waooo. What makes you feel that even your sane father, mother or siblings does not have familiar spirits that can deplete your income?

As Christians, we are advised to give to the less privileged of which mentally challenged people are part of them. Some of them are Angels in disguise.

I have a friend who has a gift of communicating with mad people. They can sight him in a crowd. During the few minutes of communication, they become temporarily sane no matter how chronic their case is, only to relapse the moment they leave his presence. Surprisingly, they don't get excited if people give them loads of money but they can't hold their joy if the guy gives them just N20.

However, the only problem I have with giving to the mental is that they could be physically dangerous. Most of them also use the money to buy hard drugs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by davidblack007(m): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2022
My situation is incredibly different. Even at the height of their lunacy, some crazy people would approach me and ask for help. They would always greet me gently and kindly. I started to worry about my brother at one point, especially after my business started to tank. Keep away from them; if you glance around, you'll see fewer fortunate folks. Don't give your cash to evil spirits and demons. Just play https://fairplay-club.in/
Re: Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People? by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2022
davidblack007:
My situation is incredibly different. Even at the height of their lunacy, some crazy people would approach me and ask for help. They would always greet me gently and kindly. I started to worry about my brother at one point, especially after my business started to tank. Keep away from them; if you glance around, you'll see fewer fortunate folks. Don't give your cash to evil spirits and demons.
Stop this foolish nonsense of yours! undecided

Life is full of ups and downs,and do your business going down after going up for a while is no fault of others but your business savvy and the markets. undecided

Those who you refer to as mad people are human beings just like you and they too need to eat and be cared for every day just like you. So asking you for money is simply that... asking you for money/help. Mental illness is not contagious, and 95% of the time not a self-inflicted condition so please stop with the discriminatory nonsense talk abeg! undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Merry Christmas! Anyone Struggling To Feed Today? / Can Christians Eat Sallah Meat? / Why Man Is Greater Than God (biblical God, Agnostic God Or Diest God Etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.