Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? (4630 Views)

Meet The New Unilorin Vice-chancellor Professor Sulyman Age Abdulkareem / Unilorin Screening form is Out. 2017/2018 Session / Unilorin Sets Cut Off At 180 With 57,110 Jamb Applicant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 10:13am On Dec 02, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,
I'm so worried and devastated right now i dont know what to do. I have been seeking admission for years without a positive result, back then in secondary school, i was one of the 'A' student.

After so many years of seeking which prove abortive, i went for an IJMB A level programme somewhere in ilorin, i did the final exam and passed with 11point without much ado with got Direct Entry form choosing unilorin as my institution and opted for a less competitive course that i will make me be offered admission on merit. So I chose Psychology (social Science). After my screening As of last month a friend told me the course as been scrabbed, i was very scared, recently when the leaked admission list for DE aspirant was out, i did not see psychology. I went to the school to confirm which i recieved the shock of my life when i was told it has been scrabbed! Pls I Need Your Help! I Dont Want To Miss This Year, Help A Bro In Need.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Weedfree: 11:17am On Dec 02, 2017
I understand how you feel. please do take it easy. When born in a country like Nigeria, education is a way out of poverty and in a way a measuring tape among your agemate. however, this new development had ruined your plan and you feel like a failure. it is important to note that you are the only one in control of your feelings. Pls be strong, there could be a silver lining form this. Great men and women had gone through a great disappointment like yours. for example Abraham Lincoln, Steven Steinberg, Albert Einstein. it is not easy to get over the feeling but you have to be strong to be an example to people later on in Future. Also keep a strong faith in God

8 Likes

Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2017
Weedfree:
I understand how you feel. please do take it easy. When born in a country like Nigeria, education is a way out of poverty and in a way a measuring tape among your agemate. however, this new development had ruined your plan and you feel like a failure. it is important to note that you are the only one in control of your feelings. Pls be strong, there could be a silver lining form this. Great men and women had gone through a great disappointment like yours. for example Abraham Lincoln, Steven Steinberg, Albert Einstein. it is not easy to get over the feeling but you have to be strong to be an example to people later on in Future. Also keep a strong faith in God

God Bless You Very Much For Your Concern Am Enlightened
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Weedfree: 11:35am On Dec 02, 2017
I am happy to help. I like have earlier said I understand how you feel. If you need any help I would be happy to help. it is okay to once in a while feel discourage but always be grateful for the things you are ungrateful about. P.S don't try anything stupid because of the physiological trauma

3 Likes

Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 12:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
Weedfree:
I am happy to help. I like have earlier said I understand how you feel. If you need any help I would be happy to help. it is okay to once in a while feel discourage but always be grateful for the things you are ungrateful about. P.S don't try anything stupid because of the physiological trauma

Sir, I Have Tried My Humanly Best, There Are Times Tears Fall From Without Knowing. Sometimes When Am Visit The University, I See My Mate Roaming Around The School Premises With Their Various Id Card Tags On Their Necks. PLS GOD DONT FORGET ME!

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by olasaad(f): 12:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
Baiysam:

Sir, I Have Tried My Humanly Best, There Are Times Tears Fall From Without Knowing. Sometimes When Am Visit The University, I See My Mate Roaming Around The School Premises With Their Various Id Card Tags On Their Necks. PLS GOD DONT FORGET ME!

Eaya sorry. I really understand how you felt because I've also go through this before it just a matter of time my brother.

Just take it easy and be patient, in the end I mean if you don't quite, you will still meet all this your friends in the labour market still hunting for job and all of you will be in the same level again.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
olasaad:

Eaya sorry. I really understand how you felt because I've also go through this before it just a matter of time my brother.

Just take it easy and be patient, in the end I mean if you don't quite, you will still meet all this your friends in the labour market still hunting for job and all of you will be in the same level again.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
olasaad:

This Is The Last Trial No Admission This Year No More Trying
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by olasaad(f): 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
Baiysam:

This Is The Last Trial No Admission This Year No More Trying

No don't quite. I applied for unilorin admission 5x(5yr). It was the fifth time they later offered me admission. And it's all history now. You can try other university too . Both jamb and DE.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
Can't you apply for a Change of Course? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2017
olasaad:

No don't quite. I applied for unilorin admission 5x(5yr). It was the fifth time they later offered me admission. And it's all history now. You can try other university to jamb and DE.

Sis. I Cant Apply For Any Uni. With My Ijmb because Not All Uni, Accept Ijmb Apart From Unilorin, Abu And Kwasu And I Dnt Want Jamb, Age Is Not On My Side.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by olasaad(f): 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
Baiysam:

Sis. I Cant Apply For Any Uni. With My Ijmb because Not All Uni, Accept Ijmb Apart From Unilorin, Abu And Kwasu And I Dnt Want Jamb, Age Is Not On My Side.

Jamb don't have age limit only NYSC and Bleep Nysc just go to university and get the best results.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hozier:
Can't you apply for a Change of Course? undecided

Pls dont know much but i dnt think change of course applies after screening and admission process is ongoing
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
olasaad:

Jamb don't have age limit only NYSC and Bleep Nysc just go to university and get the best results.

I Get You, Thanks A Million.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Yusluvajide10(m): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
my brother, dnt be panic...... it is not ur fault to have choose that course seens the sch management dis not remove it on there offered course list.... what i believe in is dat u will be offered admission to anoda related course like sociology, so panic not.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
Yusluvajide10:
my brother, dnt be panic...... it is not ur fault to have choose that course seens the sch management dis not remove it on there offered course list.... what i believe in is dat u will be offered admission to anoda related course like sociology, so panic not.

God Bless You, May Your Prayers Be Answered, I am quite gladdened with ur comment i appreciate...I Hope To Be Given Another Course As U Said.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by duduade: 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2017
Lol... All you who posted above me be psychologying yourselves...
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
duduade:

Any contribution?
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
duduade:

Any contribution?
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by sademola: 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2017
It's okay for you to feel jittery but you need not panic extremely.
The scrapping isn't at your instance neither is it within your control. The school may move successful psychology students to other department.

The worst of all options is that you are not picked. It is devastating but wouldn't be the end of the world.

Be prayerful and let God's will be done. Never judge yourself by the number of your secondary school mates in the university already. Have you cared to check how many of your secondary mates that got admission but couldn't afford it or those that are ill or dead? Be grateful and prayerful

May God be with you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
sademola:
It's okay for you to feel jittery but you need not panic extremely.
The scrapping isn't at your instance neither is it within your control. The school may move successful psychology students to other department.

The worst of all options is that you are not picked. It is devastating but wouldn't be the end of the world.

Be prayerful and let God's will be done. Never judge yourself by the number of your secondary school mates in the university already. Have you cared to check how many of your secondary mates that got admission but couldn't afford it or those that are ill or dead? Be grateful and prayerful

May God be with you

Very Mindful Of You That U Gave A Unique And Reasonable Advice...We Need More People Like You In Our Society.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 10:43am On Dec 03, 2017
More room for advices pls.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by cybriz82(m): 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
Baiysam:

U see ur mate roaming around with I'd so are u saying if 1 of them died today u will also pray to died with d person abi? oga u better face ur fate and stop looking at other people's fate, all destiny ain't equal.some will get there before u but u will graduate b4 them,#thislife
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
cybriz82:

U see ur mate roaming around with I'd so are u saying if 1 of them died today u will also pray to died with d person abi? oga u better face ur fate and stop looking at other people's fate, all destiny ain't equal.some will get there before u but u will graduate b4 them,#thislife

I knw comparism is not good though but one have to relate oneself with something good. Seeing my mates in uni always aggravate my spirit saying this ones dnt have two heads.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
I visited d admission office saying they look into d matter.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Olarewajub: 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2017
Baiysam:

Good... Hope to hear your testimony.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
Olarewajub:

Good... Hope to hear your testimony.
Pls Pray For Me.. we never can tell ur prayer may count.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2017
Baiysam:
Good one. I was about to say you lodge a complain before seeing this.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
kimbraa:
Good one. I was about to say you lodge a complain before seeing this.

Ok Course sis, i have gone to lodge complain in d admission office and they said they will surely look into it, but i am just to curious and ready to go extra length.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
Guys i am thinking to involve a legal practitioner if not solved, am i making sense?
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2017
Baiysam:

Ok Course sis, i have gone to lodge complain in d admission office and they said they will surely look into it, but i am just to curious and ready to go extra length.
I get you pains. Been there before so know what you're going through. Just be hopeful, and don't give up on what you really want 'cause of setback.
Re: Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? by Baiysam(m): 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
kimbraa:
I get you pains. Been there before so know what you're going through. Just be hopeful, and don't give up on what you really want 'cause of setback.

'Give up' is not in my dictionary. i have come to conclude numerous times to quit education but i cant be fulfilled without education.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World's Shortest IQ Test Is On 3 Questions / Esut Merit Admission List For 2013/2014 Academic Session. / Topics In Development Economics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.