Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You (4711 Views)

See magnified images of everyday items that will shock you / The Science Behind "Prayer" And Art Of "Miracles" / Edo University Iyamo School Fees Will Shock You (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Secrets11(m): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
Why Do Men Get Er3ct1ons In The Morning?
It’s an amusing, albeit often highly inconvenient, phenomenon that half of the world’s population has to deal with on a regular basis. So what’s the science story behind that morning glory? Let’s find out.
Morning glories, or nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT) as they are correctly called, are spontaneous er3ct1ons that occur during sleep or while waking up. All blokes without er3ct1le dysfunction are graced with them and they normally occur around three to five times during sleep.
NPT actually starts in utero, or in the womb (seriously), and continues throughout life. If it’s any consolation, men aren’t completely alone—women also get clitoral er3ct1ons and vaginal engorgement during sleep, and various nonhuman mammals also get NPT. While a few different theories have been proposed over the years to explain NPT, what causes it still remains uncertain. NPT, just like clitoral er3ct1ons, is associated with REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. One idea is that during REM sleep, noradrenergic cells (neurons that release the neurotransmitter noradrenaline [norepinephrine]) located in an area of the pons (part of the brainstem) called the locus coeruleus are switched off. It is thought that these cells are associated with the inhibitory tone of the p3n1s; therefore, when their activity is reduced during REM sleep, testosterone-dependent excitatory tones can be expressed which result in an er3ct1on.
It’s also been suggested that NPT is triggered by the release of nitric oxide (NO). NO is released by cells that line the inside of blood vessels which then diffuses into smooth muscle, causing it to relax. This also causes blood vessels to dilate, hence increasing blood flow to the p3n1s and voila, an er3ct1on. It’s thought that increased activity of part of the pons during REM sleep triggers a cascade of events that ultimately lead to NO release by nerve fibers. This is also regulated by androgens such as testosterone.
So we have discussed how, but what about why? One idea is that these sleep exercises actually contribute to the health of your junk. Er3ct1ons cause the er3ct1le tissue (corpora cavernosa) to swell, which in turn oxygenates the tissue. This oxygenation maintains its viability and helps to prevent cavernous fibrosis, a condition that can ultimately lead to er3ct1le dysfunction.
Another interesting theory is that pitching a tent prevents men from wetting the bed. There are two main types of er3ct1ons: psychogenic and reflex. The former starts with stimulating thoughts or images which trigger an er3ct1on via nerve signals. The latter is an involuntary process that occurs without s3xy thoughts and it’s believed that a full bladder can trigger them. The nerves controlling these reflex er3ct1ons are located in the sacral nerves of the spinal cord which are also stimulated by a full bladder. Since it’s difficult to pee with a stiffy, it’s thought that NPT may prevent accidental nocturnal enuresis (bed wetting). While this may sound plausible, it seems unlikely because the body has lots of other methods to prevent you from wetting the bed. Furthermore, it doesn’t really make sense given that nocturnal enuresis also affects women.
http://bagagist.com/2015/06/why-do-men-experience-morning-hard-on-the-science-behind-it-will-shock-you/sthash.hSJtOmQU.dpbs
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by madridguy(m): 3:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
OK
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Secrets11(m): 3:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
madridguy:
OK
FTC tins? undecided you don't sound like you actually read before commenting

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by madridguy(m): 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
I will read later

Secrets11:
FTC tins? undecided you don't sound like you actually read before commenting
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Idiataqueen(f): 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
Wat is my damm business.
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Skybob(m): 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
Story story

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Mubbyleey(m): 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
This your shitty post won't even make FP :-D
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
Why am I not shocked

Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Humblebloke(m): 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
We know this already!!undecided
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by LieDetector(m): 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
It didn't shock me. Or is it only me?
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by 0955eb027(m): 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2015
Not every1 has it tho...

I dnt xperience such and m perfectly fine..
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Secrets11(m): 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
Mubbyleey:
This your shitty post won't even make FP :-D
read and be learned...stop acting like an illiterate. This is meant to educate angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Secrets11(m): 8:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
0955eb027:
Not every1 experince it tho...

It does not happen to everyone but it doesn't call for any qualms.
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Secrets11(m): 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
Why am I not shocked
For you its all about being front page and not education. Educate yourself brother mi..you never know when you would need the knowledge wink

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
what makes d rod hard is bcus of the early morning urination explosion..
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by music4me(m): 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
So Long A Letter....
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Duru009(m): 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
It shows u are a real man. Any man who doesn't experience that got check ur self. It means u are strong man.
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Noah13: 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
WarRLaY:
what makes d rod hard is bcus of the early morning urination explosion..
I totally agree.
Because after doing my thing, it just dies off.
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
Am nt shocked, beside that is too long. Summary pleasee.
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by misreal(m): 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
Thank God for this thread,I used to think na spiritual wife things oh.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Mcowubaba: 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
Idiataqueen:
Wat is my damm business.
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Philipsdael(m): 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
But sometimes, it gets too erect that i finds it hard to sleep comfortably ....
What surprises me is the fact below.

NPT actually starts in utero, or in the womb (seriously)

Op, what abt undesireble or sudden erekchion during the day.
Explain the How and Why if u know?.
'
Nice insight though.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by REMMEI(m): 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
shocked somebody off the meter.. this shi yaf shock me..

cry
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Secrets11(m): 11:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
Philipsdael:
But sometimes, it gets too erect that i finds it hard to sleep comfortably ....
What surprises me is the fact below.

NPT actually starts in utero, or in the womb (seriously)

Op, what abt undesireble or sudden erekchion during the day.
Explain the How and Why if u know?.
'
Nice insight though.
Sudden erechionz during the day? Never heard or experince that except I was daydreaming about...... tongue (you know nah). But if you really don't give your mind to sexuaal thoughts and it happens then I think it is caused by something in your body system.
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
Good read...
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by cirmuell(m): 12:04am On Jun 17, 2015
0955eb027:
Not every1 has it tho...

Not all men experience it and it's normal, according to a research.
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 17, 2015
I don't need to read this to know y I have a hard on cool

please note

Dyu know that you can fully monitor your vehicle ,know the location of your vehicle with your phone ,stop your car engine with your phone,listen to conversations happening in car.... And lots more at cheapest rate ever ... Call vince on 0706 751 7237 for more inquiries....
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by SPAGGYYY(f): 5:52am On Jun 17, 2015
[size=20pt]I only read my signature[/size]
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 17, 2015
Wonders shall Never End
Re: Why Do Men Experience Morning Hard On? The Science Behind It Will Shock You by Ozavize88(f): 7:36am On Jun 17, 2015
thanks, I think am learning new things

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb Result Is Out – Check Here / NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship 2013/2014 Oral Test Begins / University of the People: Any Applicant/Student Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.