Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira (1147 Views)

Nigerian National Symbols / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2019) / Meaning Of The Symbols On The Flag Of The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2017
The letters on the Nigerian Army logo is Ajami, a writing script among the Hausa people in various parts of Africa. It was derived from the Arabic Alphabets and its use in Northern Nigeria dates back to the fifteen century with the advent of Islamic scholars and schools in the region. It is similar to our English Language with borrowed Latin alphabets. Calling it Arabic is the same thing as calling written English Latin. It can also be found in our Naira notes for easy identification by Nigeria’s northern population who are not English Language literate. Nigeria is an acclaimed secular country with excess religious intentions and colorations and that has not gone down well with some persons. Any sign of ‘Arabic’ around is seen as an attempt to subdue and conquer the non Islamic population. The fear is not illogical. No matter what it means, whether it gives God victory or not, its adds zero to victory or the army’s success. It is like Super Eagles praying before they go on the field to disgrace themselves in a match they never prepared for. Is their something more to it, because they are not too dumb to know this?

Their is a set of Nigerians who do not care about these symbols on the army’s badge, the symbols on the 50 Naira notes or the structures of these significant buildings. Unfortunately, some of these persons are the greatest proponents of the non existent One Nigeria mantra. You want One Nigeria but show a careless attitude when the structure is being fragmented. When sound arguments against some institutionalised bias in the system are made, they give a careless attitude. They respond with words like, ‘but what have they gained from littering the constitution with the colours of their religion?’

How does Arabic, Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba on the Naira note affect my bank account? How does it even affect me? Does it stop me from spending the money? The National Assembly was built as a mosque and so what? Why should the ‘Arabic’ writing on the Nigerian army badge disrupt my sleep? As long as I’m eating and doing fine, anyone can paint his tribe’s name in the entire Naira notes. Some will even add that we should care less about these things if we really want One Nigeria. Shallow statements! Their argument is that whatever symbolism, whether purposely intended for domination or otherwise, is irrelevant as long as it doesn’t affect their existence.

The problem with such thinking is the neglect of the power of symbolism. In a country battling to have a face, in a country with disjointed homogeneity, the only way to align the thoughts of the people is by exercising equality and equity. The man making his money and living large may not have an issue with these symbols but the man for which these symbolisms were made will have a problem with him because of the sermon of these symbolisms. Do you get that? You will not have a problem with him because you don’t care but he will have one with you because he cares about it. You have no problem with any religion and you don’t care but the influence the religion has on its adherents creates a problem in how they treat you.

When you perpetually project a people to be special and above the other class, with time, they begin to act it. They begin to treat the others classes like serfs. If the entire country is assumed to be secular but your tribe or people keep getting special treatment then the subject of unity and oneness is far from being settled. This is because you will believe you are special and the others have weak genes. You will think you were born to rule while others are born to serve you. You will think you are above the class.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/arabic-symbols-nigerian-army-naira/
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:42am On Dec 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by HeyCorleone(m): 10:43am On Dec 02, 2017
I could finish it but I guess the long and short of it all is that Nigeria is a fvcked state. QED

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by Chevalier(m): 10:46am On Dec 02, 2017
Ok
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by olasaad(f): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2017
Here we go again. You know what @Op 2019 is around the corner so you too can contest and when you win, you can correct all this thing bordering you
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 02, 2017
Let's rather care about winning this economic war ....... please avoid distractions like this post undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by madridguy(m): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2017
Misplaced priority.
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by madridguy(m): 11:26am On Dec 02, 2017
Muaaaaaaaa

olasaad:
Here we go again. You know what @Op 2019 is around the corner so you too can contest and when you win, you can correct all this thing bordering you
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 02, 2017
Truth be told, the op is right. Certain times, I wonder how these stuffs came about; and I conclude it was the silence on our part.

op, 'There', take note.
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by Josfactz: 11:47am On Dec 02, 2017
.IF U WANT TO REMOVE NA LOGO WRITING ALSO ENSURE THE FOLLOWING.

(1) Removal of all Crescent and/or
Cross signs in all public Hospitals, Schools and other
Government Buildings and Document (2) Declaration
of Sundays and Fridays and not Saturdays and
Sundays as weekly resting days. This could show that
the Country is not been Christianized as the present
Saturday and Sunday weekend do not allow non-
Christian to have full benefit of dedicated worshipping
on other days. Example of this is the Friday Service by
the Muslims and other days that might be for
traditional worshippers. Alternatively, maybe we should
scrap this weekend stuff/ religious related holidays
and do like they do in developed countries, and
workers get paid on the basis of hours worked for. I
can bet it, we might be a more productive Nation. NB:
Please don’t hide your response on the basis of "this
what our colonial masters handed over to us".
Remember, that colonial were not here alone, they
came with the CRUSADERS otherwise called
MISSIONARIES.
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 02, 2017
The post is very crappy as far as I'm concerned
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by dometome: 11:58am On Dec 02, 2017
the earlier we note that Nigeria has no salvation the better for all of us
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
TrueSenator:
Let's rather care about winning this economic war ....... please avoid distractions like this post undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
But will the economic remove malice and the egocentrism causing problems among us?
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
olasaad:
Read it first before offering that.
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by FRESHG(m): 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
olasaad:

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by olasaad(f): 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
[quote author=FRESHG post=62944547][/quote]

Lol
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
They love the easy things. If it were laced with insults on tribes it'd been on its 20th page by now.
Re: Why You Should Care About The Arabic Symbols On The Nigerian Army And Naira by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:45pm On May 30, 2018
FFK is wrong with the Arabic tag(I think he knows but is trying to get a particular reaction) but why Ajami? Why Allah and not Illah? Why is this just for 1 out of the nations that exist in this heterogeneous habitat?

(1) (Reply)

Why I Want To Be Nigeria’s President – Sowore, Sahara Reporters Publisher / Hold Yourself Responsible For Your Failure, Jonathan Tells Aregbesola / Update On Ekiti Election Tribunals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.