Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

"I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" (47404 Views)

TB Joshua Paid My University Scholarship, Gave Me N8K Everyday In 2010 – Frodd / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by sharpwriter(m): 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
virus05:

Ok. I'm @ home, Come and stop me from paying tithe or listening to my pastor

It is nt a questn of stopping yu or not. He is trying to teach yu something in the bible yu claim to believe in. Pick up the bible and check these tinx. Then yu are proven as a true child of God. believing in wht man says does nt connote yu have faith, but wen yu see word of God face to face, then yu are tested whether yu truly respect word of God or nt. That it is spoken from the altar does nt make tinx right because pastors too are flesh and blood like yu. Before yu reply angrily, pls. check 1 Corinthians 8:2. Nobody, even our G.O(s) know everything. Spiritual tinx are deep and endless. A man mighty in miracles and raising the dead may nt know half of the testament and covenant whether old or new, whereas people with less works will know more. It is God's wisdom, that flesh shud nt glory before him. So, study all the scriptures in this arguments, and not just read. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by peeps4u: 10:19pm On Dec 02, 2017
Cealrosh:
Why are we so eager to discourage people from paying tithes. Why not allow people make and take decisions themselves. Why outrightly condem tithing because you don't support it or don't believe in it. For those who believe, they have their reasons, we shouldn't impose our thoughts on others or make them feel like fools because they ain't buying into your suppose line of thoughts on a matter.

On the other hand, it was the constant condemnation of non-tithers by pastors and the false teaching that they wouldnt be blessed by God that gave rise to this.
Pastors have placed so much importance to tithing above more important thing. The reactions of many pastors to Freeze has giving credence to the claim that pastors are more concerned about tithing and that's their priorities, hence their different gimmick to keep pushing people into tithing either through else teaching or bully

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by sharpwriter(m): 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
peeps4u:

On the other hand, it was the constant condemnation of non-tithers by pastors and the false teaching that they wouldnt be blessed by God that gave rise to this.
Pastors have placed so much importance to tithing above more important thing. The reactions of many pastors to Freeze has giving credence to the claim that pastors are more concerned about tithing and that's their priorities, hence their different gimmick to keep pushing people into tithing either through else teaching or bully

Dont mind them. Malachi 3:10 suddenly becomes popular than John 3:16. grin grin grin I wish somebody can draw a cartoon of this. cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley

2 Likes

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by kayalla(f): 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
atleast this is coming from someone who was directly affected. let the pastor come and defend himself.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Etuagievin(m): 10:25pm On Dec 02, 2017
virus05:
No proof, nothing . Anybody can say anything. Anyone can come to social media to talk trash
You still need proof on that again. When they do worst things than that every day . Try and be observant please
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by lot14: 10:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
For me ooo this mata of tithe..if you like tithe if you no like no tithe..too much enemity,controversy in Christianity...Pls God help us know you in your own understanding..

1 Like

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by mickeymimi: 10:27pm On Dec 02, 2017
http://411tithesofferings.411-cashflow.com/Malachi3Mis-Interpreted.html

Malachi 3 Mis-Interpreted by mainstream Christianity

One of the main Scripture these peddlers of God’s word use to support their doctrine of demanding and extorting "tithes and offerings" from those who are seeking God's favor is Malachi 3:

Let’s look at one of the main Scripture that all these self-appointed gospel peddlers love to use: (those who peddle the word of God for profit and gain - see 2 Corinthians 2:17 below), these tithes and offerings extorters, ministers who follow the doctrine of Balaam (Jude 1:11); who claim these verses in Malachi 3 give them the authority to extort "tithes and offerings" from the people that are seeking to be saved from this evil and adulterous world; and that is Malachi chapter 3.

But, first let us look at Malachi chapters 1 and 2 to see who the word "man" refers to in verse 8 of Malachi 3 when God asks the question, these gospel peddlers love to quote when they want more of your money in their control; and that is "Will a man rob God? They never tell you who God is speaking to in this Scripture (they just speak about it in such a way to lead you to believe that God was speaking to you the member of their human organizations) - they have deceived you into believing God was speaking to you rather than to them - more specifically God is speaking to the Levites and the priesthood of Aaron and not the people giving the tithes and offerings to them.

These Levites and priests behavior had caused the people to be discouraged in that by saying the "Lord’s table is contemptible" (much like those today who take your tithes and offerings to buy for themselves the best of goods and services while refusing to help those who are not a member of their church); they were making the people give defected and sick animals for God as tithes and offerings; and taking the best of the livestock and grain offerings for themselves to sell for profit. Nor were these priests of Levi keeping God’s command to the Levites in Deuteronomy 26:12-13, where God said to them… "12 When you have finished laying aside all the tithe of your increase in the third year--the year of tithing--and have given it to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, so that they may eat within your gates and be filled, 13 then you shall say before the LORD your God: "I have removed the holy tithe from my house, and also have given them to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, according to all Your commandments which You have commanded me; I have not transgressed Your commandments, nor have I forgotten them""

The Levites were commanded to receive tithes and offerings from the people; however, in the third year they were to share this tithe given to them by those who had livestock and land to tithe on with "the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow". In Malachi 3, these "sons of Levi" were not during this because they did not fear God.The below listed Scriptures tell us what most of the ministers today are about - these are the tele-evangelists, the super-ministers, and the mega-church ministers who believe building bigger churches are more important than taking care of the needs of the widows and the poor and needy in their community.

Notice, the Holy Spirit through the apostle Paul says, "many" not a few ministers are peddling God's word for profit from your "tithes and offerings"

2 Corinthians 2:17... "For we are not, as so many, peddling the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ."
Here again in Jude 1, the Scripture points us to those who "run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit". They live in mansions and very costly temples while claiming to serve God and His Christ Jesus. Many of you know these super ministers and their up and coming students of their greed (see Rev. 2:14).

Cont reading from the link above...........
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Yuji: 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2017
niggi4life:
Stop it right there, For which progress of which church? Do you know the advent of Christianity in Africa came from Catholic church? Those early Rev Fathers and Mothers sailed thousand of miles to bring Christianity to us, so many of them died of malaria and other diseases and they never relented, they left all they had to spread the gospel, For your information, the catholic church do not accept tithe as it is not part of their doctrine, they gave FREE schools, Hospitals etc, My Late dad benefited from the free school at Ondo, John Bosco School and he was even sent abroad on scholarship to the UK to further more, I also benefited from the missionary health care, free medical care for over 10 years, so STOP saying tithe is for the progress of the ichurch,Read your bible very well
Okay I am a Catholic and tithing is actually part of the doctrine. We just don't place much emphasis on it as pentecostals do because neither the Pope nor priests own the catholic church in other words we don't run the Catholic church as a business the way the pentecostals do. Theirs is mostly one man owned churches so it is understandable why they would need the money for their upkeep and also they get married unlike popes,nuns and priests in the Catholic church who do not. So they also need the money for their family upkeep and welfare as well.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Dhugal: 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
Yuji:

Okay I am a Catholic and tithing is actually part of the doctrine. We just don't place much emphasis on it as pentecostals do because neither the Pope nor priests own the catholic church in other words we don't run the Catholic church as a business the way the pentecostals do. Theirs is mostly one man owned churches so it is understandable why they would need the money for their upkeep and also they get married unlike popes,nuns and priests in the Catholic church who do not. So they also need the money for their family upkeep and welfare as well.
Tithe is not a doctrine of the Catholic church.Where did you get that from?.
That some young priests suddenly started copying their Pentecostal fellows did not a doctrine make it.And mind you,even they do not make it a compulsion nor add subtle threats to it like some Pentecostal pastors do.
Lastly,some bishops are already cracking down on the practice before it spreads,especially in the East.

1 Like

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Yuji: 11:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
Dhugal:

Tithe is not a doctrine of the Catholic church.Where did you get that from?.
That some young priests suddenly started copying their Pentecostal fellows did not a doctrine make it.And mind you,even they do not make it a compulsion nor add subtle threats to it like some Pentecostal pastors do.
Lastly,some bishops are already cracking down on the practice before it spreads,especially in the East.
Are you sure you know what you are saying? I don't get you at all. Read my comment again. You must be quoting the wrong person.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Dhugal: 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
Yuji:

Are you sure you know what you are saying? I don't get you at all. Read my comment again. You must be quoting the wrong person.
Tithing is NOT a DOCTRINE of the Catholic church

2 Likes

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by doyinbaby(f): 11:42pm On Dec 02, 2017
Christians study the bible yourself and then follow what it says....
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by mrkings84(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
My brother am sure there's more to this story that u shared. But let me enlighten those having misconception about tithing. To those who are not Christian what am about sharing might make no meaning to u! So chill....

1. Tithing is a commandment from the Bible (that's from God himself). Malachi 3:10

2. When you pay ur tithes, u are equally taking care of the orphans, widows and the needy. This is because the church have ways they reach out to these set of people within them and without. (Yes, my church we even have prison ministry) And remember, God said, bring all your tithes to my store house so that there will be meat in my house.... So paying ur tithe is simply obeying God's commandment!

3. When you pay ur tithe, u aren't doing any good to ur pastor (even if he's the one to eat it) not even to God but to ursef. This is becos God promised to open the windows of heaven and pour u a blessing. Hmmmm.... No time to expanciate...

4. Everyone pays tithe. Yes. You pay ur tithes either to God or to the devil. (one way or another, you pay ur tithe) That u don't pay tithse doesn't make ur name to appear on Forbe list of world richest men...... Be wise!!

5. You also benefit from your own tithe too. Yes, Or don't ur church run on fuel, don't they purchase musical equipments, (some churches even have good instrumentalists on payroll so that u can enjoy good music), don't they have a/cs or fans to cool u, you charge your phones and other gadgets every church day and yet u complaining as if it's ur tithe ur pastor is surviving from?? ... Or Where do u think all those expenditures come from??

6. Have the right mentality my brother. When you pay ur tithe, u are paying it to God and not ur pastor. So don't expect ur pastor to reward u back. Or do u think it was by ur power that u got an accident and u didn't die, or got ur legs amputated, or go on wheel chair., u lost ur job yet u are still surviving.... My dear, these might just be the rewards u getting cos u were paying tithes.

God bless you!!!

2 Likes

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by mrkings84(m): 12:42am On Dec 03, 2017
mickeymimi:
http://411tithesofferings.411-cashflow.com/Malachi3Mis-Interpreted.html

Malachi 3 Mis-Interpreted by mainstream Christianity

One of the main Scripture these peddlers of God’s word use to support their doctrine of demanding and extorting "tithes and offerings" from those who are seeking God's favor is Malachi 3:

Let’s look at one of the main Scripture that all these self-appointed gospel peddlers love to use: (those who peddle the word of God for profit and gain - see 2 Corinthians 2:17 below), these tithes and offerings extorters, ministers who follow the doctrine of Balaam (Jude 1:11); who claim these verses in Malachi 3 give them the authority to extort "tithes and offerings" from the people that are seeking to be saved from this evil and adulterous world; and that is Malachi chapter 3.

But, first let us look at Malachi chapters 1 and 2 to see who the word "man" refers to in verse 8 of Malachi 3 when God asks the question, these gospel peddlers love to quote when they want more of your money in their control; and that is "Will a man rob God? They never tell you who God is speaking to in this Scripture (they just speak about it in such a way to lead you to believe that God was speaking to you the member of their human organizations) - they have deceived you into believing God was speaking to you rather than to them - more specifically God is speaking to the Levites and the priesthood of Aaron and not the people giving the tithes and offerings to them.

These Levites and priests behavior had caused the people to be discouraged in that by saying the "Lord’s table is contemptible" (much like those today who take your tithes and offerings to buy for themselves the best of goods and services while refusing to help those who are not a member of their church); they were making the people give defected and sick animals for God as tithes and offerings; and taking the best of the livestock and grain offerings for themselves to sell for profit. Nor were these priests of Levi keeping God’s command to the Levites in Deuteronomy 26:12-13, where God said to them… "12 When you have finished laying aside all the tithe of your increase in the third year--the year of tithing--and have given it to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, so that they may eat within your gates and be filled, 13 then you shall say before the LORD your God: "I have removed the holy tithe from my house, and also have given them to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, according to all Your commandments which You have commanded me; I have not transgressed Your commandments, nor have I forgotten them""

The Levites were commanded to receive tithes and offerings from the people; however, in the third year they were to share this tithe given to them by those who had livestock and land to tithe on with "the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow". In Malachi 3, these "sons of Levi" were not during this because they did not fear God.The below listed Scriptures tell us what most of the ministers today are about - these are the tele-evangelists, the super-ministers, and the mega-church ministers who believe building bigger churches are more important than taking care of the needs of the widows and the poor and needy in their community.

Notice, the Holy Spirit through the apostle Paul says, "many" not a few ministers are peddling God's word for profit from your "tithes and offerings"

2 Corinthians 2:17... "For we are not, as so many, peddling the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ."
Here again in Jude 1, the Scripture points us to those who "run greedily in the error of Balaam for profit". They live in mansions and very costly temples while claiming to serve God and His Christ Jesus. Many of you know these super ministers and their up and coming students of their greed (see Rev. 2:14).

Cont reading from the link above...........

Abeg tell me the name of ur church....
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Naijadr: 6:43am On Dec 03, 2017
I am sure the guy helped family members and friends too before, what did they do for him?
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by olmoRoc: 6:50am On Dec 03, 2017
Spylord48:
Off course he won't pick your calls again because alert no go come from ur side again. This shows that some of these pastors are upgraded scammers and yahoo boys. They came with Bible and will command members to close their eyes for prayers, only for the members to open their eyes later and see that they have been duped of all their belongings and possessions.
Gradually people's eyes are opening small small and soon some of these limitation pastors and spiritual robbers will run out of the business. They are already fighting for survival with the way that they are tackling Freeze. Sooner or later, when these revolution and storm will be over,we will know how many pastors that still remain in business and the churches that are the genuine ones.

SAY NO TO YAHOO YAHOO PASTORS!
SAY NO TO BIBLE ROBBERS!!!
SAY NO TO PROSPERITY PASTORS!!!

Is time to go back to old Christianity, where love,happiness, selflessness,contentment,salvation,living a good life and giving to charity is the watchword of the members
Just wanted to add:
Say NO to those so-called pastors who always tell you that your brother, mother, or other family members is the WITCH hindering your progress. They destroy the love that should help the family to prosper.

1 Like

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 03, 2017
neolboy:
Thank God say you no die inside the accident, na the tithe save you
see mumu
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Abudu2000(m): 7:18am On Dec 03, 2017
neolboy:
Thank God say you no die inside the accident, na the tithe save you
if he had died then it's probably the will of gawd grin cheesy one thing about you fraudsters is ur ability to improvise....those that were attacked by Terrorist probably didn't tithe I guess, smh
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Abudu2000(m): 7:22am On Dec 03, 2017
Cealrosh:
Why are we so eager to discourage people from paying tithes. Why not allow people make and take decisions themselves. Why outrightly condem tithing because you don't support it or don't believe in it. For those who believe, they have their reasons, we shouldn't impose our thoughts on others or make them feel like fools because they ain't buying into your suppose line of thoughts on a matter.
then why are the pastors so earger that ppl must pay it. If it wasn't so important as they claim , if it was nothing like they already said that tithes Don't do anything in the Church then why come out hard to even the extent of using threats as if it's your life blood....does that mean the church sole purpose is to collect tithing ? I just don't get it
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by seunmsg(m): 7:49am On Dec 03, 2017
adedayoa2, na so una dey do for 4square? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by gmaribel(m): 7:55am On Dec 03, 2017
mrkings84:
My brother am sure there's more to this story that u shared. But let me enlighten those having misconception about tithing. To those who are not Christian what am about sharing might make no meaning to u! So chill....

1. Tithing is a commandment from the Bible (that's from God himself). Malachi 3:10

2. When you pay ur tithes, u are equally taking care of the orphans, widows and the needy. This is because the church have ways they reach out to these set of people within them and without. (Yes, my church we even have prison ministry) And remember, God said, bring all your tithes to my store house so that there will be meat in my house.... So paying ur tithe is simply obeying God's commandment!

3. When you pay ur tithe, u aren't doing any good to ur pastor (even if he's the one to eat it) not even to God but to ursef. This is becos God promised to open the windows of heaven and pour u a blessing. Hmmmm.... No time to expanciate...

4. Everyone pays tithe. Yes. You pay ur tithes either to God or to the devil. (one way or another, you pay ur tithe) That u don't pay tithse doesn't make ur name to appear on Forbe list of world richest men...... Be wise!!

5. You also benefit from your own tithe too. Yes, Or don't ur church run on fuel, don't they purchase musical equipments, (some churches even have good instrumentalists on payroll so that u can enjoy good music), don't they have a/cs or fans to cool u, you charge your phones and other gadgets every church day and yet u complaining as if it's ur tithe ur pastor is surviving from?? ... Or Where do u think all those expenditures come from??

6. Have the right mentality my brother. When you pay ur tithe, u are paying it to God and not ur pastor. So don't expect ur pastor to reward u back. Or do u think it was by ur power that u got an accident and u didn't die, or got ur legs amputated, or go on wheel chair., u lost ur job yet u are still surviving.... My dear, these might just be the rewards u getting cos u were paying tithes.

God bless you!!!

Oga circumcision was also a direct commandment from God but not mandatory for Christians. Gal 5:1-6

No where in the new testament were Christians asked to tithe.... Christians were encouraged to give and share their belongings cheerfully.
2Cor 9:6-7
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by melvintoksy(m): 8:16am On Dec 03, 2017
Why have tithing suddenly become a major issue among Nigeria Christians? Its simply because we are now poorer, hungrier and much more desperate to survive. The person paying the tithe has a business mindset...if I pay #100 tithe this month, God should bless me with #1m by month end. The MOG preaching is also in business... If 100 members pay tithe of #500k this month, I'll make #10m.

Now what do you expect? Something that never used to be an issue in the past is now a major national issue in our churches and believes. In conclusion, my watchword these days is simple, "GIVE AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU, GOOD MEASURE, PRESSED DOWN, SHAKEN AND RUNNING OVER, SHALL MEEEEEEENNN, NOT GOD, GIVE UNTO YOU". GOD is not a "greedy" business man like most of us are. He has set the laws and the laws must apply in all cases.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 03, 2017
peeps4u:

LOL, so you agree pastors live lrge on member's tithes? No wonder new churches spring up everywhere and everyday.

If God really calls them, he will provide for them without depending on tithes. Jesus never begged for tithes to survive, Same for his disciples who even left their job.

I really have no issues with pastors. Dude wanted to follow the trails of Daddy Freeze and then wanted to delete the tweet? I mean what sort of man knowingly ignites a fire and starts calling the fire department when it starts blazing.
He is not a good Christian. He did not read and understand his bible. He simply gave away his money and is now ranting. Bill Gates gives hundreds of millions of dollars annually and we don't see him wailing on Twitter.com.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2017
Ucheamani:
[/color]

It is unfair to call him names, if he paid tithe to his church, common sense demands that he'll get succour and support in times of need. [color=#006600]

I'm sure you must have heard "life is not fair" and "common sense is not common". Even as unchristian as they may sound, it is a guide in life. People will fucccck you over especially when you walk blindly.
There are those who preach heresies today and yet many still hand their money to them. How do you expect a man who does not know God to help you when you are in need?
A man is in lust with a lady and thinks she loves him. They both enjoy the pleasure of each other's body and he spends a lot of money on her. He runs into financial difficulty and she is now more financially stable from his help. He expects her to help him but she runs. He invested in lust and not love. He did not study the matter well. She is simply smart and not wicked or unfair.
Do not put gold ring on a pig's snout,it will not appreciate it.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by blacktallest(f): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2017
HeyCorleone:
You need to understand first that Church, as in those ministries littered around Nigeria, is merely a business where the Gospel of Jesus is the Chief merchandise.

They pray. You pay. QED. Don't ever get that twisted that they actually care about you or any funny thoughts. What's Care got to do with business?As with any business the main aim is to make profit.

But I feel it serves us Nigerians right. If you're not content with staying at home and praying to your God, praising him, doing his commandments without having to answer another man as "Daddy G.O", why won't you get fleeced?

Gbam!!! Nothing do you bros
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by adedayoa2(f): 10:16am On Dec 03, 2017
seunmsg:
adedayoa2, na so una dey do for 4square? undecided lipsrsealed
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, funny story. I've never bn abandoned in any way.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Yuji: 10:38am On Dec 03, 2017
Dhugal:

Tithing is NOT a DOCTRINE of the Catholic church
And is that why you are killing yourself to explain? So should we jump into the ground? I pay my tithe and I am a Catholic. It doesn't stop me from helping the poor and needy as well. Like I said in my earlier comment,much emphasis is not placed on it like the Protestants.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by DedeNkem: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2017
Church is a huge business in Nigeria. Soon I'll have mine and collect tithe from id*iots.

Nigerians are religiously st*upid. In a year, Nigerians give crooked pastors are than N30 billion. Tithe is the oldest scam!
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by peeps4u: 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
c733d:

I really have no issues with pastors. Dude wanted to follow the trails of Daddy Freeze and then wanted to delete the tweet? I mean what sort of man knowingly ignites a fire and starts calling the fire department when it starts blazing.
He is not a good Christian. He did not read and understand his bible. He simply gave away his money and is now ranting. Bill Gates gives hundreds of millions of dollars annually and we don't see him wailing on Twitter.com.

I think it more morally and spiritual wrong for pastors or any church to neglect his members in any problem, not even after collecting his tithe prior to that.
Jesus or bible never teaches us to abandon people in one problem or the other. Do you remember the story of the multitude Jesus was teaching and were hungry at a later time, the disciples suggested that the multitude be allowed to go and get what to eat, but Jesus, having compassion and knowing fully well how far the people had come to listen to him declined disciples' advice and sought for a way to solve the people's problem without subjecting them to turture of walking long distance to find something to eat.

The young man has right to express what he felt is wrong with our churches and pastors, which I also agree with him.

1 Like

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by peeps4u: 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
Do you know that same Mal 3:10 was being directed to levites and priests who collected tithes then and not the tithers as you people and the pastors portray it? Read your bible from Mal 1
Also, giving to the poor does not only have to be done by pastors? you can as well take your tithes to orphnage, use itnto pay the school fees of that poor boy beside your house, use it to pay medical bills of that poor boy bed ridden?
mrkings84:

God bless you!!!
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by peeps4u: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
Naijadr:
I am sure the guy helped family members and friends too before, what did they do for him?

But no family members will try to brainwash him and ask him arrogantly to bring his 10% or risk not being blessed by God.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by peeps4u: 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
This is trending today, they turn a child against the family once wedded, telling the child not to go home again. I've seen many once peaceful families ruin due to this. Turning wife against the wife and vise versa with fake visions.

olmoRoc:

Just wanted to add:
Say NO to those so-called pastors who always tell you that your brother, mother, or other family members is the WITCH hindering your progress. They destroy the love that should help the family to prosper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Odumeje On TB Joshua: Chris Okotie Needs A Dirty Slap To Correct His Senses / "You Must Confess", African Mother Goes Spiritual As Fox Breaks Into Her House / Lady Shares The Message She Got From A Struggling 'Entitled' Pastor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.