Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

"I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" (47482 Views)

TB Joshua Paid My University Scholarship, Gave Me N8K Everyday In 2010 – Frodd / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by budaatum: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
OBIGS:
in 2010 my uncle was was given a message by a pastor that God wants him to sow a seed with his brand new jeep, he finally gave the church pastor the car. 6 months later my uncle passed away. Till today I don't still comprehend how.
He bought a one way ticket to heaven.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Caleycash(m): 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Martinez19:
grin you still adore and worship God? May another harsh experience not make you become an atheist. I wonder why we always learn the hard way.
Lol, I think I might create something else personally even if I leave Christianity... because we can't just be on this earth for nothing, with hundreds of new planets discovered everyday, spiritual, magical and natural disasters and you tell me no being is control!?... think deeper!
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Martinez19(m): 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
Caleycash:
Lol, I think I might create something else personally even if I leave Christianity... because we can't just be on this earth for nothing, with hundreds of new planets discovered everyday, spiritual, magical and natural disasters and you tell me no being is control!?... think deeper!
even if a being is in control, how would one know he is Jesus's father yahweh? Why not allah or the flying spaghetti monster?

1 Like

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by OBIGS(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
budaatum:

He bought a one way ticket to heaven.
i don't see it that way. Why won't that gesture to the church help elongate his life
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by budaatum: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
OBIGS:
i don't see it that way. Why won't that gesture to the church help elongate his life
It is not that way! If it was, people with lots of money would buy everlasting life and health.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Caleycash(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
Martinez19:
even if a being is in control, how would one know he is Jesus's father yahweh? Why not allah or the flying spaghetti monster?
well I don't know, for now am sticking with the one I know, which I was brought up to know so am rooting for Yahweh (God)... FYI I've gone more deeper in this verifications and doubts don't bother preaching to me bro
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Martinez19(m): 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
Caleycash:
well I don't know, for now am sticking with the one I know, which I was brought up to know so am rooting for Yahweh (God)... FYI I've gone more deeper in this verifications and doubts don't bother preaching to me bro
hmm, you don't know but you are rooting for yahweh? Rooting for yahweh doesn't make him true. It's like saying I don't know the food my neighbour cooked this evening but I want it to be rice and since I want it to be rice, it is rice.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by neolboy(m): 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
agongajoseph:
see mumu

So you can't quote me without the insult? just laughing at your stupidity
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Caleycash(m): 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
Martinez19:
hmm, you don't know but you are rooting for yahweh? Rooting for yahweh doesn't make him true. It's like saying I don't know the food my neighbour cooked this evening but I want it to be rice and since I want it to be rice, it is rice.
Hahahaha, exactly!
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Martinez19(m): 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2017
Caleycash:
Hahahaha, exactly!
chai, you are not serious. Take the truth seriously and stop romancing because religion is not a harmless delusion .
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Caleycash(m): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
Martinez19:
chai, you are not serious. Take the truth seriously and stop romancing because religion is not a harmless delusion .
well I love it that way and that's my decision, Lol
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Martinez19(m): 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2017
Caleycash:
well I love it that way and that's my decision, Lol
you shouldn't. You should be a truth seeker. Will you teach you children christianity? If yes, how will it feel to you when they take it seriously and see as the unquestionable truth whereas you, their teacher, only gambled on it? What will you do when your children fall sick or have an ailment and they decide to pray and use faith instead of going to the hospital? There are many harmful things about religion that demands the extinction of religion.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by mrkings84(m): 8:54am On Dec 05, 2017
peeps4u:
Do you know that same Mal 3:10 was being directed to levites and priests who collected tithes then and not the tithers as you people and the pastors portray it? Read your bible from Mal 1
Also, giving to the poor does not only have to be done by pastors? you can as well take your tithes to orphnage, use itnto pay the school fees of that poor boy beside your house, use it to pay medical bills of that poor boy bed ridden?

The last time i attended church if I could recall, there's no time the pastor forced anyone to pay tithe..... Tithing is a free will stuff!!!

Those who pay have their blessings!!
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Caleycash(m): 9:08am On Dec 05, 2017
Martinez19:
you shouldn't. You should be a truth seeker. Will you teach you children christianity? If yes, how will it feel to you when they take it seriously and see as the unquestionable truth whereas you, their teacher, only gambled on it? What will you do when your children fall sick or have an ailment and they decide to pray and use faith instead of going to the hospital? There are many harmful things about religion that demands the extinction of religion.
an Idealogy hardly goes extinct... think when Christianity started and the persecution it fore runners went through, but it still survived, there's something supernatural about Christianity which made it withstand so many odds against it, so many things in life are mysteries which even the so called scientists cant explain, btw I know what to tell my children don't bother for me, Lol
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Martinez19(m): 11:45am On Dec 07, 2017
Caleycash:
an Idealogy hardly goes extinct... think when Christianity started and the persecution it fore runners went through, but it still survived, there's something supernatural about Christianity which made it withstand so many odds against it, so many things in life are mysteries which even the so called scientists cant explain, btw I know what to tell my children don't bother for me, Lol
wow, there is something supernatural about Islam that makes the bombers blow themselves up. Would they kill themselves willingly if they weren't sure of what they were doing?
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Caleycash(m): 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2017
Martinez19:
wow, there is something supernatural about Islam that makes the bombers blow themselves up. Would they kill themselves willingly if they weren't sure!of what they were doing?
they alone can tell, am not a Muslim... I can only say what I know!
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by holygeral(m): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2017
WERE YOU PAYING TO THE PASTOR OR YOU WERE PAYING TO GOD?
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by greenmonk: 8:54am On Dec 09, 2017
STARKACE:
bulshit, Jesus died many many years before ceaser was born. Get your facts right, don't just spit shit cos you hear ot
hers doing so.
So Pontus pilate was from your village.
You go to church without reading the bible.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by adelee777: 10:06am On Dec 09, 2017
Sorry for that. But pls don't lose your faith in Christ because of dat because Christ even warned abt such in Matthew 24. Pls learn to separate serving God and serving religion or ''church''. Shalom.
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by orisa37: 10:21am On Dec 09, 2017
Your blessing is at 16square!
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by mrLhanray(m): 9:50am On Dec 14, 2017
salt1:
This is not a case of 'I'm better than others ".
But just you know that not all churches are in this business of fleecing others.
Apostolic Faith Church with headquarters at Anthony Village doesn't pass collection plates, in fact, hasn't done so for more than 100years.
There is an offering box at the back where people go, at their convenience, to drop their contributions to the church or even gifts for members to ensure anonymity. Nobody knows or keeps a record of who is paying what.

The church organizes evangelism to schools, visits to the blind centres, hospitals and prisons. Gifts of food, clothing and financial support are taken to these places every week.
Apostolic Faith preaches old-fashioned Christian integrity messages and the need to live a transparent Christian life to make heaven.
I know such churches are not very popular because they don't have flamboyant leaders but servant volunteers who, instead of receiving from the flock, are making their tents, (yes many of the pastors are volunteers not on salaries) and supporting others.
As I said, this is just for information and to spare us from making generalizations

that's how it ought to be. I will start worshipping in this church. some churches will even line up members row by row to go drop offering in front of the podium, out of shame you will want to drop something even its the last dime on him, cos the whole church is watching. money for church should be donations out of your free will. some of these churches only care about your money. they will say God said we should build this or do that, which God didn't tell them. as we all know any thing said by the pastor using the name of God is like a command

1 Like

Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by habsydiamond(m): 10:18am On Dec 14, 2017
Haa...ehya....ogaa oooo
Re: "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" by Danjnr1(m): 10:54am On Dec 14, 2017
Were u paying your so called tithe to God, church or the pastor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"You Must Confess", African Mother Goes Spiritual As Fox Breaks Into Her House / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Police Rent Out Station To Church For Service In Lagos (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.