Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,616 members, 7,827,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! (1811 Views)

Governor Segun Mimiko Built 4 Mega Primary Schools In Akure - Photos / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] / Segun Mimiko’s Progressivism—a Critique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by Imnakoya(m): 11:47pm On Feb 24, 2007
To Ondo state Indigenes: Is 'Segun Mimiko Worthy of Your Votes? Yes, find out why on mimikoforgovernor.com. VOTE Mimiko!
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by lewa(m): 11:53pm On Feb 24, 2007
With the PDP machinery firmly against him?Agagu,Akinnola and co no go let go easily!No be only Ondo Central election go hold o!
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by egbon(m): 1:11am On Feb 26, 2007
@ Imnakoya

What did Mimiko do when he was the minister of housing and urban developments? Please enlighten us on what he will do for Ondo State??
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by Imnakoya(m): 5:09am On Feb 26, 2007
egbon:

@ Imnakoya

What did Mimiko do when he was the minister of housing and urban developments? Please enlighten us on what he will do for Ondo State??

Mimiko was a Minister for about one and half years. This is a short time to get much done given the nature of Nigerian bureaucracy. However, Mimiko despite the short time he spent as a Minister registered some remarkable achievements, here are some: Building Code Act, computerization of land registry, reorganization of the Federal Housing Authority, he refined the framework for mortgage financing, formulated a bill on Land Use Act which is before the national assembly, and several others you can read up on MimikoforGovernor.com.

You may look up his achievements as Ondo State Health Commissioner. The Health Rangers Scheme and Festival of Surgery are some initiatives of Mimiko. His 12 point agenda is on the website, check it out.

I believe every Ondo state indigene should be able to make an informed decision on who should and shouldn't be deciding their fate. Mimiko is a person, and promises to be a Governor who would listen and do the best for the state. The choice of course is left to the electorate.

The question I think you should ask is "what has Agagu done to deserve a second term" given the resources and revenue the state has in the last 4 years.
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by OmoEko1(f): 5:12am On Feb 26, 2007
Mimiko is not winning jo, Agagu has to win the election sha.
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by lewa(m): 6:21am On Feb 26, 2007
Mimiko was a Minister for about one and half years. This is a short time to get much done given the nature of Nigerian bureaucracy. However, Mimiko despite the short time he spent as a Minister registered some remarkable achievements, here are some: Building Code Act, computerization of land registry, reorganization of the Federal Housing Authority, he refined the framework for mortgage financing, formulated a bill on Land Use Act which is before the national assembly, and several others you can read up on MimikoforGovernor.com.
What did he do to address the housing needs of millions of Nigerians?What land registry computation?I know for sure this is a fallacy!Is reorganization of the FHA an achievement?Building code act?What's that?
If he had been successful,the whole world would have seen his stuff!However as Baba PDP said, thedevil you know is better that the one you don't, Ondo is going to PDP!If he had performed as minister,he could have stood a chance,however?
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by debojyde(m): 8:15am On Feb 26, 2007
i don,t think mimiko is going to be a better than Agagu.This guy just want to satisfy his personal greed.How do you explain someone that was in A.D,decamped to PDP at the last minute during the last election and then left PDP for LP.This guy has no plan and is just being overambitiuos.There is no way he can win the election in Ondo state.Ondo state is far bigger than Ondo west and East local gorvernment.
Besides the main political Guru,s in Ondo state are in PDP.Mimiko has no solid political structure on ground.THe guy just wan waste hin money.What party is LP self.No prominent presidental candidate.Factors like that work on the psychology of the grassroots people who will vote that day.If you want to waste your vote that day,vote for mimiko.
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by egbon(m): 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2007
Mimiko was a Minister for about one and half years. This is a short time to get much done given the nature of Nigerian bureaucracy.

Leadership is not rocket science, you either have it or not. Expect the same excuse from this man after the end of his first term (if elected). How can you explain a person with the vision of leading a state flip-flopping better political parties? Bro- that should tell you about him!
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by Imnakoya(m): 2:54pm On Feb 26, 2007
To Lewa: How do you address housing needs in 1 1/2 years? The items I listed are verifiable, just check them out if you can. If democracy about electing a "devil you know"? Democracy is far from that. Deciding on whom to vote for requires a little effort and access to right information, not what one's being fed on the media or what the president decides.

TO Debojyde: Your statement is far from the truth. Personal greed? You need to interpret the events surrounding Mimiko's decision to switch parties in context. In advanced democracies, politicians do switch parties, although this is not common, but it happens all the time. Secondly, Mimiko switched parties because of the undemocratic attitude of those parties and its elders that would rather impose a preferred candidate against the will of general party members. Check your facts, spend some time to recheck them again and verify with the events happening on ground.

"The main political Guru,s in Ondo state are in PDP" Again check your facts.

How many prominent PDP members have since moved and joined Labour Party?

Who is Mimiko's running mate? Former PDP chairman in Ondo state. Would he and others join a party and a man with no vision?

If Mimiko is hopelessly doomed to lose the election, and driven by greed, will he have massive grassroots support? Will AD chieftains work with him as they are doing now? These are verifiable facts and speak volume to the integrity of Mimiko.

If Mimiko is irrelevant, would the president risk his integrity by making that infamous statement against him during a political rally?

"Mimiko has no solid political structure on ground." Again check your facts.

To Egbon: "Leadership is not rocket science, you either have it or not. Expect the same excuse from this man after the end of his first term" If Mimiko has no leadership traits, he wouldn't have been able to pull off the 'flip-flops' you mentioned with grace. There are obvious facts on the ground about Mimiko, verifiable and obvious, all you need to do is do the leg work and find out.
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by Mamajama(m): 7:32pm On Feb 26, 2007
AGAGU will be out but for MIMIKO to win it will be tough. I don't see MIMIKo as the guy to save Ondo. he is corrupt as well. Even OBJ accused him of corruption.
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by Imnakoya(m): 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2007
MAMA JAMA: Have you been following the news at all? Because if you have, you ought to have known by now that that statement of OBJ is not only wrong on several grounds, the EFCC boss (Ribadu) have publicly declared that the EFCC has no case against Mimiko.

Check your facts people!
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by nigeria1: 11:39am On Feb 27, 2007
Let look at Agugu in the last 4 years, what has this man done for the people of Ondo state,   I know President olusegun obasanjo would go into the history book as the first president to take a look at Ondo state for federal project,  Obasanjo start the power station, the export processing zone, and LNG,  which Chief Agagu want to claim as is achievement because he could not find anything he could lay claim to,

The Problem with Agagu is age,  At his age, he can not be as useful to the people of ondo state,   agugu was deputy governor and governor. May be it is time to have someone else,  Ondo state people have given him enough time to show what he can do but I would say Agagu fall below 50%, 

Another problem Agagu would have is the fact the central senatorial area want the governorship too,  and they consist about 50 % of the state,  while agagu people the Ikale are just less than 10% of the state,  How can he win,

Option for PDP is to quickly change him and replace him with someone from the same senatorial area as mimiko, if not people would vote against the PDP because of Agagu performance.  Just like they kick out the AD , they would kick out PDP,  except PDP remove Agagu,  field someone from Mimiko area and win, 

Agagu collect oil derivation what did Agagu use the money to do,  check the perform of gbenga daniel who did not collect oil derivation and Agagu. It would be difficult for Agagu to win,  He need a miracle to return back to power or he need the PDP rigging machine like some as said. Now would PDP rigged the election in favour of Agagu,  history await the event of Ondo state,   Ondo state like the rest of yorubaland would be close to be impossible for PDP to win.
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by Mamajama(m): 3:10pm On Feb 27, 2007
nigeria1 thank you I can say AGAGU wss a failure as well, the roads are still bad and the schools have not ben improved. there are towns with no water and electricity so how can he even want to come back? it will be tough for mimiko to win is all I am saying, but I knbow people want Agagu out
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by nigeria1: 12:27am On Feb 28, 2007
PDP would loss in a free and fair election but you know nigeria now,  The problem is Agagu have serve as a minister, deputy governor, and Governor so if he give a young man the chance to improve the state,  look if not for this project obasanjo started in ondo state, there is nothing in Ondo state. All the governor have came and gone without any contribution expect for Ajasi.  Agagu should give others a chance,  even if it his deputy. one man can not hold all the post,  what about me, which position agagu  want leave for me to run for in ondo,  now i was told ondo state is family thing,  all his famliy member hold all the position in ondo state ,  na wao ,  my state of origin is ondo state and lagos state and concern about the states development, 

Ondo need someone who can take them to the promises land,  I would take Ondo state and lagos state there,  but i dey Oyigboland.

But incase any one who wins, should make me commissioner of works and housing,  So i can come and buid all the road and develop Ondo state,  I have idea to make Ondo state a great state.
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by Crownvilla(m): 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2007
Hi Peeps,

I read somewhere that Agagu was indicted for defrauding Nigeria Airways to the tune of $3.5m!!!!!
Re: Segun Mimiko The Man To Beat In Ondo! by jydoh(m): 12:32am On Apr 01, 2007
vote him

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Crisis / Would You Vote For Yar Adua If We Are To Vote Again / In Pursuit Of Third Term (obj) - Very Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.