Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor (12516 Views)

Yul Edochie Takes His Governorship Campaign To The Market (Photos) / Yul Edochie And Emeka Okonkwo Visit Dunukofia For Campaign Homecoming / Yul Edochie Governorship Homecoming Campaign Holds Sat, Oct. 14th 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by NaijaCelebrity: 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
After losing out of the  incumbent governor in the recently conducted Anambra State gubernatorial elections, Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie has said he has no regrets taking a break from the movie industry to pursue his dreams of becoming a governor.

In a recent chat with Inside Nollywood, the proud father of three who has returned to acting said he is happy he made an impact as a youth in politics.

“No regrets at all. I’m happy I ventured into it and I have come to stay in politics. And I urge more Nigerian youths to come into politics. We all need to know how our state and country is being run and make contributions. If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. 95% of the people in Nigerian politics are there to grab money, they don’t care about giving the people good governance. I gained so much experience, which I couldn’t have gotten elsewhere. It brought me closer to the people and I witnessed various problems, which different communities in Anambra are facing. Through me, their voices will be heard,” he stated.

Speaking on what’s next for him as a highly sought after face in Nollywood movies, Edochie assured fans to be ready for him, as he make plans to make up for the lost days.

“Well, for now, I can’t list out what’s next for me, but fans should be watchful. I left acting and directing for months for politics and a lot of my people missed me. I missed them too. I’ll be back. I also don’t plan to make movies out of my campaign experience.”

http://news.nollyzone.com/no-regrets-going-politics-yul-edochie-actor/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by eezeribe(m): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2017
OK
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by BruncleZuma: 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
Gba fuo eba!!!

grin grin grin grin

Stunt man like you.

1 Like

Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by firstclassmumu: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
my guy na so o. Go back to acting politics is not for you.
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
Continue to be relevant... Don't stop even in your community ! That is how politicians are made.

I admire you courage

12 Likes

Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by lastempero: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2017
They will definitely settle u bro,just chill.
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by gamesb: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2017
Yul Edochie you try, it not easy best of luck next time. Don't relent next one also try who knows you will realize your dream the next one
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by IMASTEX: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2017
Why should you. No one really lose in politics as long as you're not greedy & proud. They will certainly settle you.
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2017
Use the Facebook login picture through your browser to get in a Facebook worker mode and get many benefits such as;
Be able to get unlimited Facebook likes for you and your friends picture.
The ability to block suspicious user from Facebook and make it a better place.
Interference in your friends conversation that means you can read other peoples conversations and......View the icecrib to get full details. http://icecribs..com.ng/2017/12/the-facebook-login-picture-through-your.html?m=1
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by FrankGiel: 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
But this dude didn't get up to 200 votes. Ogbeni, u didn't contest abeg

1 Like

Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by SeniorZato(m): 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
Na the movies way this guy the act the deceive am oo

1 Like

Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by Nakuza(m): 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2017
It wasn't a waste efforts, at least for the wealth of experience.
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by afbstrategies: 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2017
Story cheesy
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by adorablevic: 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2017
uncle,go and continue acting the 'king is back' part one and two

1 Like

Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by Ndukings92(m): 6:53pm On Dec 02, 2017
em biko next time u try local government chairman, u fit catch that one

2 Likes

Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by drizslim(m): 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2017
Nonsense Man.. u Juss created a political nuisance and zoomed off

1 Like

Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by Allylic(f): 7:38pm On Dec 02, 2017
But he should av started from d scratch now
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by cimag: 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
Anambra State has 177 large autonomous communities with a voting population of about 2 million people excluding children.You got 145 votes in the whole of Anambra State.U try sha.
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2017
NaijaCelebrity:
After losing out of the  incumbent governor in the recently conducted Anambra State gubernatorial elections, Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie has said he has no regrets taking a break from the movie industry to pursue his dreams of becoming a governor.

In a recent chat with Inside Nollywood, the proud father of three who has returned to acting said he is happy he made an impact as a youth in politics.

“No regrets at all. I’m happy I ventured into it and I have come to stay in politics. And I urge more Nigerian youths to come into politics. We all need to know how our state and country is being run and make contributions. If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. 95% of the people in Nigerian politics are there to grab money, they don’t care about giving the people good governance. I gained so much experience, which I couldn’t have gotten elsewhere. It brought me closer to the people and I witnessed various problems, which different communities in Anambra are facing. Through me, their voices will be heard,” he stated.

Speaking on what’s next for him as a highly sought after face in Nollywood movies, Edochie assured fans to be ready for him, as he make plans to make up for the lost days.

“Well, for now, I can’t list out what’s next for me, but fans should be watchful. I left acting and directing for months for politics and a lot of my people missed me. I missed them too. I’ll be back. I also don’t plan to make movies out of my campaign experience.”

http://news.nollyzone.com/no-regrets-going-politics-yul-edochie-actor/

Oga no de deceive urself.
U no even try to become a councillor or local government chairman. U think say politics na Nollywood?

Common goan join APGA and rise thru the ranks.

1 Like

Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by sirusX(m): 9:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ndukings92:
em biko next time u try local government chairman, u fit catch that one
Allylic:
But he should av started from d scratch now

He should have used Desmond Elliot to learn work

1 Like

Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by Tamakay(m): 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2017
I admire your courage but I think you push your courage too far.
Election in Naija is played with money and not by mere popularity and you don't have that huge amount of money to contest a governorship election and the worst of it, the incumbent was in the race as well.
To start with, you would have gone for HA, Rep or maybe a local govt., Chairman as an embryo politician.
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by Chinagurum1995(m): 9:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
Abi oooo Nwanne. wink grin
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by ngelbee(f): 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2017
drizslim:
must u comment
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by ngelbee(f): 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
drizslim:
must u comment?
Re: ''No Regrets Going Into Politics'' - Yul Edochie, Actor by talk2percy(m): 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
My man of life.

(1) (Reply)

Happy 34th Birthday To Timi Dakolo / Check Out The Top 5 Nigerian Actors Making Hits In Hollywood / “we Can’t Talk About Biafra With Our Music, It Is Illegal,” Eastern Musicians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.