Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (63433 Views)

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by IMASTEX: 11:19am On Dec 03, 2017
Flexherbal:

There are other issues that require the attention of Christians.
Why must they all focus on tithing.

The no2 man in Nigeria, is a Pastor. Yet, there is still a high level of corruption in the system, which this same man comes out openly to defend.

The issue of boko haram is there. Can't they Chanel this energy to praying for peace in that region?
So many churches have relocated from that region. Nobody is ready to die for the sake of the gospel, again.

The bible has stated what tight should be used for:

Deuteronomy 14

NIV:28. At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,

NIV:29. so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Are they using it for those purposes?

Malachi 3:10
NIV:Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house...

Can we still say there is food in the store house today?
How many people have they been feeding from the store house?

We are not against contributing money in places of worship, we are only concern about the usage.
Any organization/ body needs money to function well.
Lol. . .at bolded. The apostles that were persecuted to the point of death didn't know the Christ or the bible I guess?! The new edition now is what can i benefit from the gospel.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O
Abraham killed Ram to appease God why aren't u and ur Daddy not killing Ram

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by mickeymimi: 11:22am On Dec 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Sammy0787: 11:23am On Dec 03, 2017
When the commandment of God pleases our greed, lust, ego and our perception, we hold it dear and observe it but if it does not, we question it and find a way to avoid it.
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by rayobaba(m): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2017
jaxxy:
Without tithe there will probably be no money to get alot of things done so Tithing is good bt not a law or must.

Bt the bigger issue is wat the tithes are been used for and the sensitivity of these pastor to real issues facing their congregation and follower.

If we give tithe to God as it where shud the tithe be abused by the pastors? And don't tell me let God judge dat we can see and know the truth.
l like this.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2017
Why are you infidels arguing with a pronouncement made by none other than Pastor Eunuch Adejale Adebole, of the Big Daddy Gee Ole fame ?

Daddy Gee Ole declares that he is in regular PERSONAL contact with God, by phone and by Skype, but enemies of frogress insist on arguing.

Pastor Adejale makes it known that his personal greed for money is mandated by God, and the skeptics laugh out loud in such a cruel manner.

Daddy Gee Ole explains that it is Papa God that anointed he, Pastor Adebole, to demand and collect the monthly salaries earned by as many of the gullible sheep in his flock as is humanly possible, yet some DARE to disparage the Man of Dog.

Pastor Adejale's FIVE multi-million dollar executive luxury jet aircraft were bought with donations harvested continuously from hordes of brainwashed suckers, augmented by generous " laundry fees" earned in exchange for performing the "holy processing" of embezzled public funds that need to be SPIRITED out of Africa into secure and secret offshore bank accounts.

Those FIVE luxury jets are therefore essential for honoring those all-important one-on-one meetings that Big Daddy Gee Ole schedules regularly in heaven under the chairmanship of Jeeeeeesus, during which detailed "holy modalities" are normally mapped out, to streamline Adejale's mega-industry that is funded largely by donations extracted from paying lemmings who seek to purchase backstage passes to Heaven.

4 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by InvertedHammer: 11:23am On Dec 03, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/02/god-convinced-tithing-right-adeboye-speaks/

There is an easy way out.

Adeboye could have heard the voice of a god or God.

Let Adeboye give us his usual 10 predictions (not vague ramblings and innuendos) for 2018. Since God is perfect, we will expect his predictions to be 100% accurate. If he falls short, it means that he is not serving the living God. Remember Elijah vs. Prophets of Baal.

Of course, we don't need a soothsayer to know that Adeboye is fraud. We have had divergent and vague predictions from numerous men of god which proved that they are all serving false gods (money) because the living God can never be that confused.

/

3 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by tivta(m): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2017
MschewwwwWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by aspirebig: 11:24am On Dec 03, 2017
Hnmnn no comment....
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Omooba77: 11:26am On Dec 03, 2017
HeyCorleone:

What I believe God needs is not tithe but rather works of charity.

There's this hymn that goes thus
"Whatsoever you do to the least of my brother
That you do unto me
When I was hungry you gave me to eat
When I was thirsty you gave me to drink
Now enter into the home of my father"

The hymn has other verses but none highlights tithing. It talks about doing stuff for ordinary people - the less privilege in the society. Those who are naked, those in prison and all that with the one promise of "entering into the home of my father".

Jesus also said the same in the Gospel of Matthew 25:31—46 .. He never mentioned giving to a pastor or anything or that He won't bless you of you don't give to him.

I copied the e-version without editing sir.
Tithes are obligatory
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by mickeymimi: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2017
Dr Abel Damina- The Tithe and Tithing Demystified

https://www.youtube.com/watc8h?v=0jhVYqQqIx

https://www.youtube.com/watc8h?v=0jhVYqQqIx

Pastor TB Joshua advice to take your tithes and help anybody around you instead of bringing it to his church

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugeP9aF4DwU
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Peacefullove: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2017
PointZerom:

There's express commandment of tithe in the Bible but you all claimed that it's for the Levites but One thing you forgot to know is that the duties of these biblical Levites in the temple that prompted the tithe are bn taken care of by some people in todays present church who are also being taken care of by the church through tithes etc.

So the apostles that didn't collect tithe didn't take care of the Church ?

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by chux67: 11:31am On Dec 03, 2017
I am sure Adeboye heard the voice of lucifer the god of money and earthly wealth. The God and father of jesus christ will never speak to a scamner in the pulpit, profesional fraudstar and a pharisee pastor.[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by phreethinker: 11:31am On Dec 03, 2017
If i'm consistent with giving 10% of my income to a charity home God no go multiply my income bcus I no bring am for church ?? I mean that's literally what these guys are saying... Smh
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by jamace(m): 11:32am On Dec 03, 2017
grin grin
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 11:32am On Dec 03, 2017
opesky74:

You people still don't know how to read the bible, you don't come here posting excerpt of 2 to 3 verses, but you have to read the whole chapter to understand what it says. Further in that chapter, it talked about the law being imperfect, hence a need for change, which is why Jesus christ came. Just read your bible properly
if u had read the whole of hebrews chapter 7 without the intention of arguing, you'd see that in one case, that one ( the levitical tithe) was collected by mortal man who die, but the other is collected by the priest that will live forever (Jesus Christ the high priest)... Melchisedec... Priest of the most high God was not a decent of levi but collected tithe from Abraham... What does not tell you?? Another thing you should ponder is this, if tithe didn't originate from the mosaic law, should it not transcend it?? Read the whole chapter like you've advised. God bless you...
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by mickeymimi: 11:33am On Dec 03, 2017
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by ehissi(m): 11:33am On Dec 03, 2017
Goshen360:
God is THE ONLY BOSS that will fire you but still let you keep working. If you don't believe this ask Saul. He was anointed only for 2 years but was a king for 40 years. Meaning, he was only sitting king for 38 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqcK-4cVaaE

Somebody help me pass this message to Pastor Adeboye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLQjJ_uq6hM

Pastor Adeboye used to be a MOG I respect growing up as a young Christian but on this topic, I lost respect for him especially when he says things not a sound doctrine. If every Christian claim God told me without us having a way to verify in the word, do you know how many issues we'll have in the body of Christ today?

Pastor Adeboye should swallow his pride and accept biblical truth and sound Christian doctrines.

New Living Translation
All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord's Supper), and to prayer.
Acts 2vs42

Tithe wasn't taught by the Apostles to the early church and not everything written in the bible is for Christians

Faith is by the hearing of the word, he had heard about tithing but God convinced him of its value...

True the Apostles never taught about tithing, they taught about giving to Poor and helping widows..........

What people forget is that the only justification/root of such practice is in the same law that ruled the levitical priesthood. Nowhere in scripture do you see Abraham, issac or jacob giving to the poor or gathering widows to help. How many of the poor or widows did Joseph feed in the midst of famine? He used them to do business........

The first time giving to the poor was mentioned/taught, it was in the Law.

Leviticus 19: 9. And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest. 10. And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the LORD your God. - Bible Offline

Deuteronomy 24: 18. But thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing. 19. When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands. 20. When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow. 21. When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow. 22. And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt: therefore I command thee to do this thing. - Bible Offline

The bible lets us understand in

Galatians 3: 24. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. - Bible Offline

The law was a guide to teach us how to appear before God, to teach us, so that when the hour/era of faith arrives we will be better equipped.

If we delete/disregard totally the entire system of giving without bias, then Our entire system of giving in the new testament collapses without scriptural Basis.

It is wise to understand the purpose of the giving in the light of the new testament............

This is spiritual maturity and the will of God.

People makes reference to Malachi in the area of tithing with good reason, but it wasnt written to those who dont tithe but to those who do. What they failed to do was to honour God in their givings, hence it became a curse.

Abraham gave tithe to honour God before the law or the 12 tribes or the priesthood through Melchizedek......a priest of God.

Tithing like other offerings today is offered to God by faith, but tithe within the framework required today is given in honour to God.

But if you strongly believe based on the scripture, that you ought not to tithe, then please by all means do not give ".........for whatsoever is not of faith is sin"

- Rom 14:23

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by legendte(m): 11:35am On Dec 03, 2017
MightySparrow:
Two sides to a coin same for Chritian believe: the world and the Spirit.

As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever. Isaac..59:21

Both are needed to get the truth.. I stand with Adeboye because of my own experience..
You are not far from the truth brother but I leave you this, try giving the amount to the poor and less privileged and see how more fulfilled you will be. How do you cope with paying tithe rather than helping the helpless among you? Jesus centered his teaching on helping the defenceless. Giving generally makes you feel good but insisting on tithe as a law makes it look like we are still under the law. Christians means followers of Christ and the bible would have captured it if it were necessary for us as Christians. Whatever you do to the least of my brethren, that you do unto me. It's a personal thing anyway. I didn't say people shouldn't give to the church but they shouldn't make it look like it is a pre condition for our blessing. Blessed is he that giveth than the one that taketh.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Peacefullove: 11:35am On Dec 03, 2017
kay29000:
I have a feeling that Daddy Freeze's posts about tithing has started affecting the flow of money to most churches. If not, why are these men of God constantly attacking Freeze directly and indirectly. And the way they have intensified their teachings on tithing the past couple of weeks says a lot.

I also suspect something has gone wrong
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by jamace(m): 11:36am On Dec 03, 2017
Omooba77:

I copied the e-version without editing sir.
Tithes are obligatory
But keeping the ten commandments is outdated, no be so?

Kwantinue money mongers.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by InvertedHammer: 11:36am On Dec 03, 2017
highrise07:
The church cannot survive without tithes and offerings , 99% of everything will do in life requires money. The only thing am concerned about is how the money is spent, there should be accountability , don't tell me that the money belongs to God, God is too rich to need my money. Pastors should spend the money on empowering and uplifting the poor and the downtrodden.

Have you been to church lately?

They have multiple offerings, building funds and donations to get the churches going. Some churches have so many offerings that you could hear the members grumbling. But then, it is by free will.

Churches do not need tithes to function. Tithe is a pure scam.

/

2 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by mickeymimi: 11:38am On Dec 03, 2017
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by DONFASZY(m): 11:39am On Dec 03, 2017
U pay tithe to church indirectly to almighty God but dis church leaders use it lavishly to establish demsef and place most in forever lasting investment and maintain fleet of yachts,private jet?latest automobile frm G wagon and Ferrari and put on designer clothes with hundreds of thousands or millions...

D question I want to ask is simple

Who is FOOLING who

I will rather help and assist in neeedy as usual and add to d biggest churches in d whole wide world....receive prayers and blessings frm God

My own opinion

No insultsi jus dey vex cos I still pay tithe wen almighty God push me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by dotedote: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2017
Please go and check what constituted the tithe in those days.

quote author=PointZerom post=62930782]

There's express commandment of tithe in the Bible but you all claimed that it's for the Levites but One thing you forgot to know is that the duties of these biblical Levites in the temple that prompted the tithe are bn taken care of by some people in todays present church who are also being taken care of by the church through tithes etc. [/quote]
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2017
PointZerom:

There's express commandment of tithe in the Bible but you all claimed that it's for the Levites but One thing you forgot to know is that the duties of these biblical Levites in the temple that prompted the tithe are bn taken care of by some people in todays present church who are also being taken care of by the church through tithes etc.

God in the Bible killed so many people, told Israel to fight, kill, maim millions of people.
Isn't there anything bad about this?
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by miketayo(m): 11:42am On Dec 03, 2017
PointZerom:
If Freeze is serious by telling me to follow the footsteps of the biblical disciples, he should goan pay the dowry of that lady and stop parading her as his BABY MAMA.

The biblical Levites received tithe b'cos they worked in the temple, the present day workers in the church and the widows, orphans etc in the church will also be taken care of by the church through our tithes etc.

I WILL CONTINUE PAYING MY TITHE AND ALSO DOING MY CHARITY WORKS. You can spend your own money in a beer parlour with prostitutes, it's your money not mine.

I don't understand why you guys talk about freeze life. Even if he is a murderer, politician or whatever it doesn't matter as long as he is preaching the truth Nd backing it up with scriptures.. Ur pastor just claimed God told him to tell u to pay tithe does that really make sense to u? The Adeboye I know knows d bible very well and if he had answers by now I am sure he would have justify tithing with the Bible.

Pay ur tithe, it's Ur money u can do whatever you like with it, but it's not what Jesus preached and has nothing to do with Christianity

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Olifiz(m): 11:43am On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine

pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O

Pls read Hebrews 7:5-18,19 Place more emphasis on verse 12 and 18.

The Bible is the word of God. The the Bible in the Hebrews 7 says the law on tithe was being set aside because we now have hope in Jesus who dies for us. The Bible in Corinthians said we should give freely, without grudge for God Loves a cheerful giver.

Yes the Israelites were under law to pay tithes. But that law have been set aside.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 03, 2017
DONFASZY:
U pay tithe to church indirectly to almighty God but dis church leaders use it lavishly to establish demsef and place most in forever lasting investment and maintain fleet of yachts,private jet?latest automobile frm G wagon and Ferrari and put on designer clothes with hundreds of thousands or millions...

D question I want to ask is simple

Who is FOOLING who

I will rather help and assist in neeedy as usual and add to d biggest churches in d whole wide world....receive prayers and blessings frm God

My own opinion

No insultsi jus dey vex cos I still pay tithe wen almighty God push me

""My own opinion""

U didn't only just say ur opinion, U dropped a fact.

Though I don't believe in any religion, I still call for people to use their head n protect their wealth.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Aadetola1(m): 11:44am On Dec 03, 2017
themonk:
God needs to convince me too. I need to be sure you are not the one convincing yourself.
true

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Interpretation Of Tongues Spoken In "Way Maker" By Sinach / Painting Of Jesus Remains Untouched As First Baptist Church Burns Down In US / Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.