Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again (498 Views)

Desmond Elliot Was Right In Calling Nigerian Youths Children - Ivan-Whyte Eagle / Ezzy Of Planet TV Slams Tekno For Being Rude, Says "Wizkid's Manager Was Right" / Daddy Freeze Replies Zack Orji - Pity Will Not Solve Tithing, Give Us Quotations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by opeyemiieblog(m): 5:48am On Dec 03, 2017
The General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, has spoken again on the raging tithe controversy sparked by controversial On-Air-Personality, Daddy freeze.

This time he said God himself convinced him that tithing was right for Christians.
Recall that in a previous reaction to the tithing controversy, Adeboye warned Christians against the dangers of non- compliance to paying of tithe.

However, the cleric, on Sunday, 3rd December, 2017 edition of his Daily Devotional, titled: “Open Heavens”, said the command to pay tithes on one’s earnings simply places a demand on the Christian to trust God.

Writing on the topic, ‘Tithing Is Trusting’, Adeboye said: “To experience exploits in your life, you must have a personal relationship with God. You must believe that He lives and love Him with all your heart. You must also learn to trust in Him.

“The command to pay tithes on your earnings simply places a demand on you to trust God. Your response to this command shows the level of trust you have in Him.

“If you can pay your tithes correctly, it shows that you trust God for your livelihood, but if you find it difficult to be faithful in doing this, it simply shows that you trust more in your earning than in God to sustain you.

“After I became newly born again and we were taught to pay tithes, I laughed and said in my mind, ‘These people do not know that I am a mathematician. If 100% is not enough for me, how can 90% be enough after I have paid 10% as tithe? Thank you very much! Even though these people are not educated, they still want to use their smartness to take 10% of my income from me. Let them try and take it’. _ “However, down the line, God convinced me by Himself and I observed remarkable changes in my life.”

Gist from Praizeblog
http://www.praizeblog.com/2017/12/god-himself-convinced-me-tithing-was.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala fynestboi

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by opeyemiieblog(m): 5:48am On Dec 03, 2017
Daddy freeze will reach soon
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 03, 2017
opeyemiieblog:
Daddy freeze will reach soon
Find another topic ogbeni op.
The issue has been long over whipped

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by amnesty7: 5:59am On Dec 03, 2017
Just like in the commodity market, in the 'spiritual' market too there are always more foolish buyers than foolish sellers. Always. And those buyers will soon be here.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by Atlantia(f): 6:02am On Dec 03, 2017
This issue has been overflogged!!

The truth remains - Those who feel their blessings are tied to tithes will keep paying...and the IDGAF crew who have better things to do with their money won't pay.
Either way, you'll still have faithful tithers in your church.

Get over it already!
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by ObaKlaz: 6:06am On Dec 03, 2017
You're a blessing, a plus to Christianity. May the Ancient of days reward your great labour in His vineyard. God bless you always, Papa Adeboye.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by OfficialAwol(m): 6:28am On Dec 03, 2017
These "merchants of the word" should stop deceiving the gullible because it's a sin in itself.

He is claiming God Himself convinced him about tithe.... How can we verify that claim.... we should believe? Thrash...

Oh the things that are done in the name of God!

And to put the record straight, Catholic Church doesn't pay tithe as claimed @ubanmade or whatever the Nwamikpe wannabe's name is.

#freeTheSheeple

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by hisgrace090: 6:32am On Dec 03, 2017
If for God sake, I do give to the needy, give to church work, give offering and at times support men of God financially,
without paying my tithe doese it mean that I am not trusting God?

If no, press like, if yes, press share.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by Partnerbiz(f): 6:46am On Dec 03, 2017
story why?
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by Samusu(m): 7:02am On Dec 03, 2017
This Baba no wan give up

#freethesheeplemovement
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 03, 2017
Seems to me these "men of God" are simply trying to protect their cash cow else why the constant discussion on tithes? Why looking for every means to convince people to keep paying? Let each man do whatever he deems right and leave God to judge all. Wasn't the aim of tithe to create abundance in the church so that the poor can have something to benefit? How many churches in this present day give even 0.0000001% of all the tithes to the poor? They all keep it in their wallets, buying private jets and enjoying luxurious services while the poor congregation they milk dry in the name of tithes wallow in poverty and cant afford to send their kids to good schools, not even the ones their church used their tithes to build.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right – Pastor Enoch Adeboye Speaks Again by Larrey(f): 7:36am On Dec 03, 2017
talking about tithe again?

(1) (Reply)

"Let The Devil Punish This Man" - Dencia To Pastor Adeboye / Kiss Daniel Didn’t Attend His Father’s Burial, Said His Family Was Fetish / Actress Eniola Badmus Raises Alarm Over Her Stolen Dog, Offers 200k Reward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.