Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos (46963 Views)

Davido Congratulates Tyla As She Wins Her First Grammy Award / Davido Congratulates Wizkid And Burnaboy On Their Grammy Award Wins / Lady Rejects Her Boyfriend's Proposal After He Sold His Manhood For Riches (Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by EmmanuelCena(m): 7:04am On Dec 04, 2017
Hozier:
South Africa has a bigger market for rap music than Nigeria. Rap music does not sell in this country. Afro pop and a bit of Hip Hop is what the people want to hear.

Help me tell these idiots oooh!
South Africa is more like small US.
Rap is their own afro pop.
Even the likes of Vector, Olamide, Ice Prince, Phyno finally realised singing rap, you'll eventually go broke in NIGERIA!
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 04, 2017
Davido be following WizKid like a monitoring spirit.
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by SonOfmercy007: 7:46am On Dec 04, 2017
jocarfid:
Must his expression be "WTF"??....congratulations to Casper though
So tell me what's your problem with that?? Sadist!
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Veeflow(m): 8:16am On Dec 04, 2017
Every artiste has faced what wizkid also felt..even 2face. So no big deal.. Wizzy is still African's best export
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by ghostboss: 8:37am On Dec 04, 2017
Mufasa27:
Truth be told South Africa have the best rappers in Africa right now
Our own rapper keep shouting how he shut down Eko hotel that's not up to 4k capacity angry sad
Olamide isn't only a rapper he is a boss of his on label, he can also sing and compose, he also brought 2 artists to the industry successfully and he can get more than 68k if he has the space.
He trends from January to December every year
He has the highest endorsement deals in Africa
From different brands and the Lagos state govt
My point is Comparing Olamide to south African rappers is an insult to Nigeria's music industry there are many others you could have used
Watch for #OLIC4 Live @ Teslim balogun
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 04, 2017
Mufasa27:
Our own rapper keep shouting how he shut down Eko hotel that's not up to 4k capacity angry sad

I doubt you bro.
Seems you don't know Dremo.
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 04, 2017
DancingSkeleton:
My number one southie cool

AKA is the man!
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Mufasa27(m): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2017
EricIyke:

I doubt you bro.
Seems you don't know Dremo.
I know dremo, my city made him

Dremo is good, and he is still up and coming thanks to davido.. Let's see how consistent he can be..
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Mufasa27(m): 9:06am On Dec 04, 2017
ghostboss:
Olamide isn't only a rapper he is a boss of his on label, he can also sing and compose, he also brought 2 artists to the industry successfully and he can get more than 68k if he has the space.
He trends from January to December every year
He has the highest endorsement deals in Africa
From different brands and the Lagos state govt
My point is Comparing Olamide to south African rappers is an insult to Nigeria's music industry there are many others you could have used
Watch for #OLIC4 Live @ Teslim balogun

You call him everything you wish to to call him, but don't call him a RAPPER IT'S AN INSULT TO NIGERIA'S MUSIC INDUSTRY....he is a commercial singer and he is very good at that
smiley

Olamide can only pull crowd in Lagos his comfort zone... You and I know that.
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2017
Mufasa27:

I know dremo, my city made him

Dremo is good, and he is still up and coming thanks to davido.. Let's see how consistent he can be..

Bro for now Dremo has no competition.
No one can compete with him.
He's currently the best rapper in Nigeria.
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 04, 2017
savagefinder:
don't be ignorant, if wizkid should want to sell out any football stadium in his home country, it won't be a hard task

Davido sold out 57k in another country.

1 Like

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Mufasa27(m): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2017
EricIyke:

Bro for now Dremo has no competition.
No one can compete with him.
He's currently the best rapper in Nigeria.
Hmmm

Rapper wey dey sing song... The guy is good sha
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Nomfanelo99(f): 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
360command:
what vexes me more is, seeing people saying 9ja music na almighty, timaya better pass shatta, etc.. forgetting the fact that citizens love their country music more.now they can see for themselves..

couldn't agree with you more ... from NY perspective South Africans love house music more ... but hip hop is slowly taking over . Kwaito music was loved more in the 90s... kwaito is similar to hip hop/ rap

3 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by LeSudAfricaine: 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
Mufasa27:
South Africa has had a history of Hip Hop long before likes of AKA, Cassper, Nasty C etc. Once upon a time there were likes of Mizchif, Snazz D, Cashless Society, Skwatta Kamp etc. The best rappers have always been from SA

3 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by LeSudAfricaine: 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
mofedamijo:

Lol i am not literally saying u should stick to it,am saying we africans should follow our roots,i myself dont even know must of this pon pon pon music,i just like the fact that they push afropop abi na afrobeat to the rest of the world....
Your argument doesn't hold much water, it's like saying Nigerians should play their own indigenous games and not football because football was invented by the English. Brazil is better than England in football and yet didn't invent the game. Nasty C is better than Future, the American rapper and yet Nasty C is South African

5 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by LeSudAfricaine: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2017
Mufasa27:
I could even argue and say the best music/musicians

2 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by SalamRushdie: 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
Hozier:
South Africa has a bigger market for rap music than Nigeria. Rap music does not sell in this country. Afro pop and a bit of Hip Hop is what the people want to hear.

Rap requires an IQ of at least 95 to enjoy but the average IQ in NIGERIA is still 65 so rap will never fly here till it improves

5 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Mufasa27(m): 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
South Africa has had a history of Hip Hop long before likes of AKA, Cassper, Nasty C etc. Once upon a time there were likes of Mizchif, Snazz D, Cashless Society, Skwatta Kamp etc. The best rappers have always been from SA
We were almost catching up on them when the likes of M.I,Naeto c ice prince came on board, M.I was the best hip-hop act in Africa in 09 u remember?? (MAMA)... The only problem now is that the new hip hop artists we have right now in Nigeria are not trying at all.
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by mofedamijo(m): 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
Your argument doesn't hold much water, it's like saying Nigerians should play their own indigenous games and not football because football was invented by the English. Brazil is better than England in football and yet didn't invent the game. Nasty C is better than Future, the American rapper and yet Nasty C is South African
Ignoramus......kidjo angelique sticked to her roots,she got granny,lucky dube did same n he his one of the most respected reggae artiste from africa,am not saying they shouldnt rap,buh we should push our own music to the world,davido sticked to whats best for him,his root n he has been celebrated all over,getting those awards shows that the world appreciates afropop n afrobeats,u tink nutri C or whatever will beat future to rap in u.s....wake up dude 100% of africans who got granny sticked to thier roots.....peace
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by LeSudAfricaine: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
Mufasa27:

We were almost catching up on them when the likes of M.I,Naeto c ice prince came on board, M.I was the best hip-hop act in Africa in 09 u remember?? (MAMA)... The only problem now is that the new hip hop artists we have right now in Nigeria are not trying at all.
Ice Prince and Naeto are wack to be honest. I haven't heard much of M.I. to be honest. Yes I remember but, but Naija wins these popularity contests anyway, I doubt he could go bar for bar with the likes of Golden Shovel, Ben. Sharpa etc

1 Like

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by LeSudAfricaine: 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2017
mofedamijo:

Ignoramus......kidjo angelique sticked to her roots,she got granny,lucky dube did same n he his one of the most respected reggae artiste from africa,am not saying they shouldnt rap,buh we should push our own music to the world,davido sticked to whats best for him,his root n he has been celebrated all over,getting those awards shows that the world appreciates afropop n afrobeats,u tink nutri C or whatever will beat future to rap in u.s....wake up dude 100% of africans who got granny sticked to thier roots.....peace
you didn't read my comment properly, I never said if you stick to your roots you won't make it big, Salif Keita, Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Youssou 'n Dour are examples. I merely disagreed with you that because Hip Hop started in the states an African can't be big.

1 Like

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by LeSudAfricaine: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
mofedamijo:

By the way, Lucky Dube did raggae and that is from the carribean dude, you contradicted yourself. If Lucky Dube made in big with a genre that is not African, what's stopping Cassper from also making it big Hip Hop?

2 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Mufasa27(m): 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
Ice Prince and Naeto are wack to be honest. I haven't heard much of M.I. to be honest. Yes I remember but, but Naija wins these popularity contests anyway, I doubt he could go bar for bar with the likes of Golden Shovel, Ben. Sharpa etc
These guys you mentioned are not even popular here in Nigeria... Yeah ice prince might be an average rapper he was very in popular in SA, he made so many great joints with SA artistes

I will advise you to go listen to M.i first and second album and all his 3 mixtures..

The last album was wacky though
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by mofedamijo(m): 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
you didn't read my comment properly, I never said if you stick to your roots you won't make it big, Salif Keita, Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Youssou 'n Dour are examples. I merely disagreed with you that because Hip Hop started in the states an African can't be big.
Nope i guess we mixed it up altogether....look am a big fan of south african rappers,I frequent southie n swazi,n I appreciate thier music,buh we must push our own music,ok see it this way,kwaito is south african,gwara gwara is south african,now imagine someone from togo trying to break in and start singing in kwaito,south africans will be like what the hell is this dude singing,and thats the way americans view other rappers from other countries....so for south african rappers to go international n break in,they should focus more on indigenous rappers futuring the u.s rappers,infusing xhosa or zulu language into the rap,that way they make the rap different and enticing,most people don’t understand davido sometimes but they love the beats and the rhythmsss......
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by mofedamijo(m): 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
By the way, Lucky Dube did raggae and that is from the carribean dude, you contradicted yourself. If Lucky Dube made in big with a genre that is not African, what's stopping Cassper from also making it big Hip Hop?
Lol....bro jamaicans re africans,dont mix it up.......if u have been to jamaica b4 u will know that the black jamaicans re africans,pure africans,forget the location,they re africans,the similarities in the food,the language,DNA....etc
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by LeSudAfricaine: 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
Mufasa27:

These guys you mentioned are not even popular here in Nigeria... Yeah ice prince might be an average rapper he was very in popular in SA, he made so many great joints with SA artistes
I am not talking about popularity, I'm talking about talent, skill etc, those rappers I mentioned are underground anyway,your number one rapper M.I is virtually unknown here in SA. You guys tend to be side tracked by "popular" things and not substance, case in point, your movies..they are popular in but not particularly good

1 Like

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by LeSudAfricaine: 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
mofedamijo:

Lol....bro jamaicans re africans,dont mix it up.......if u have been to jamaica b4 u will know that the black jamaicans re africans,pure africans,forget the location,they re africans,the similarities in the food,the language,DNA....etc
Bro your argument is neither here or there. The fact remains Jamaica is not an African country! Raggae began outside of Africa. Isn't Hip Hop a black man's invention as well? What's stopping Cassper from doing Hip Hop as well since it was invented by his "African" American brothers ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by LeSudAfricaine: 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
mofedamijo:

Nope i guess we mixed it up altogether....look am a big fan of south african rappers,I frequent southie n swazi,n I appreciate thier music,buh we must push our own music,ok see it this way,kwaito is south african,gwara gwara is south african,now imagine someone from togo trying to break in and start singing in kwaito,south africans will be like what the hell is this dude singing,and thats the way americans view other rappers from other countries....so for south african rappers to go international n break in,they should focus more on indigenous rappers futuring the u.s rappers,infusing xhosa or zulu language into the rap,that way they make the rap different and enticing,most people don’t understand davido sometimes but they love the beats and the rhythmsss......
If Africans doing Hip Hop, were viewed the way as you say, they wouldn't be invited in platforms like "Sway in the morning" or collaborate with US musicians, as I'm talking to you. Rockerfella have been in touch with Nasty C, what does that tell you? Talent is talent bro and music is music, the Angelique Kidjo's you talk about make use of European instruments like Saxophones to produce their African music, Eminem is white but makes what is termed "black" music but he is still excells in it.

3 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by LeSudAfricaine: 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2017
And being big doesn't mean featuring Rick Ross in your songs. Cassper is big in SA, his own people appreciate him and that's what matters

5 Likes

Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by mofedamijo(m): 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
If Africans doing Hip Hop, were viewed the way as you say, they wouldn't be invited in platforms like "Sway in the morning" or collaborate with US musicians, as I'm talking to you. Rockerfella have been in touch with Nasty C, what does that tell you? Talent is talent bro and music is music, the Angelique Kidjo's you talk about make use of European instruments like Saxophones to produce their African music, Eminem is white but makes what is termed "black" music but he is still excells in it.
Sawubona if u still cant comprehend what i just said...then have a nice day...
Re: Davido Congratulates Cassper Nyovest As He Sold Out 68K Stadium Capacity (Photos by Mufasa27(m): 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
I am not talking about popularity, I'm talking about talent, skill etc, those rappers I mentioned are underground anyway,your number one rapper M.I is virtually unknown here in SA. You guys tend to be side tracked by "popular" things and not substance, case in point, your movies..they are popular in but not particularly good
LOL we have a lot a underground rappers, talented ones like poe, hurricane, boogey etc let me tell you something you don't know...
SA have bigger market for rap music than Nigeria, rap music dont sell in Nigeria but still on still we have good rappers ... Do you know a guy called vector?? I guess not... The guy will murder aka, Casper and ko bar for bar ask sarkodie grin most Nigeria so called rappers are scared of him..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wizkid Is Looking For A Sister - Davido Reacts , Calls Tiwa Savage .. / Osita Iheme's Vehicle Involved In Auto Crash / Biodun Okeowo 'Omo Butty' Abaya Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.