Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

My Tithe Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Tithe Experience (473 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tithe Experience by pimper24: 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
We were close friends at the law school. I and Tony were actually seen as brothers at the Abuja campus. We both worshipped at the Redeemed Church outside the gate. One day, my brother visited from town and gave me 20 thousand naira.

I bought my beverages with few other items and the money remained just my tithe - N 2000. Lo and behold, Tony came knocking that he was in desperate need of exactly 2000.i was struck and a bit confused whether to give him the tithe but remembered a pastor way back in BLW saying even human being could constitute a devourer and obstacle in your blessing from tithe.

I did not have the courage to tell Tony that I had the money but couldn't help him, I rather told him that the little money left was not up to what he was demanding and that I kept it for my upkeep till my next allowance from home.

Next Sunday came in 2days, we were always seated together in the church. I had forgotten Tony' s request and packaged my 2k tithe in an envelope in his presence. Tithe was announced and i gladly worked to the pulpit. I realized myself when I came back to the seat.

Till date our relationship was strained.
I had sought justification foe my actions and got it from few Christian friends but the recent tithe debacles from different quarters made me remember this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tithe Experience by HeWrites(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
shocked sad
Re: My Tithe Experience by Tampinu(m): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
pimper24:
We were close friends at the law school. I and Tony were actually seen as brothers at the Abuja campus. We both worshipped at the Redeemed Church outside the gate. One day, my brother visited from town and gave me 20 thousand naira.

I bought my beverages with few other items and the money remained just my tithe - N 2000. Lo and behold, Tony came knocking that he was in desperate need of exactly 2000.i was struck and a bit confused whether to give him the tithe but remembered a pastor way back in BLW saying even human being could constitute a devourer and obstacle in your blessing from tithe.

I did not have the courage to tell Tony that I had the money but couldn't help him, I rather told him that the little money left was not up to what he was demanding and that I kept it for my upkeep till my next allowance from home.

Next Sunday came in 2days, we were always seated together in the church. I had forgotten Tony' s request and packaged my 2k tithe in an envelope in his presence. Tithe was announced and i gladly worked to the pulpit. I realized myself when I came back to the seat.

I had sought justification foe my actions and got it from few Christian friends but the recent tithe debacles from different quarters made me remember this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3tNvCHHyJE

Re: My Tithe Experience by olagbemi118(m): 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
lols

1 Like

Re: My Tithe Experience by Tampinu(m): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2017

Re: My Tithe Experience by hardeycute(m): 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
pimper24:
I was struck and a bit confused whether to give him the tithe but remembered a pastor way back in BLW saying even human being could constitute a devourer and obstacle in your blessing from tithe

Let's forget the fact that the money was not your "earning" but you had to feel threatened by words from a pastor that you should not allow someone to obstruct you from paying tithe to an already full and a bloated purse?

Your pastor think 'God ' will be pleased by failing to offer help to the less privileged and the needy but bringing it to the church.

Where did you keep your brain ?.You could not even sense a foul play in that statement?
A law student that cannot think clearly is that one a law student?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Tithe Experience by Tampinu(m): 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
hardeycute:

Let's forget the fact that the money was not your "earning" but you had to feel threatened by words from a pastor that you should not allow someone to obstruct you from paying tithe to an already full and a bloated purse?

Your pastor think 'God ' will be pleased by failing to offer help to the less privileged and the needy but bringing it to the church.

Where did you keep your brain ?.You could not even sense a foul play in that statement?
A law student that cannot think clearly is that one a law student?

Selassie I on

Spirituality:

"The temple of the most high begins with the human body, which houses our life, essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through Religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans which were supposed to help people grow spiritually.

Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe and each other. As the essence of our existence it embodies our culture, true identity, nationhood and destiny. A people without a nation they can really call their own is a people without a soul. Africa is our nation and is in spiritual and physical bondage because her leaders are turning to outside forces for solutions to African problems when everything Africa needs is within her. When African righteous people come together, the world will come together. This is our divine destiny".

Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia, 1960
Re: My Tithe Experience by petra1(m): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
pimper24:

Pure wisdom

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of A Dream / Basmallah 2018: Crossing Over To The New Working Year / The Founder Of The Church Of Satan Predicted The Coming Of SEX ROBOTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.