Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295212 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by beautyfoch: 9:57am On Feb 22, 2018
@newmum0615 please i need your help regarding something.
Can I have your whatsapp details or email address. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bonnie1: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2018
http://mini-ielts.com
https://ieltsonlinetests.com/home
http://idpielts.me/prepare-ielts/free-ielts-practice-tests/
https://www.testden.com/challenge/free-ielts.asp
https://www.ieltsbuddy.com

This was all i used after i didn't do too well in the first Ielth and the 2nd one was a hit back to back 9,9,8,7.5. I have a 9-9 job. lol but i made sure every day no matter the time, i did one exercise.

Ebyrose:
Congrats.Pls,can you help me with some links to ielts materials.And even some ielts study groups if possible. Thank you.
This can only be God. It is my first attempt and am saying thank you to this group and everyone that helped me.

My special thanks to my good friends bonnie1, Revlane and GlitteringStar

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:00am On Feb 22, 2018
It's probably IP1. Did you just pass medicals?

The write-up below was posted by someone a while ago. I can't remember who or even find the link now.

APPLICATION STAGES
I have actually been intending to make a post regarding this but never had the time. For all post ITA folks that have been wondering what the heck the acronyms mean. The below post sheds more light on the is and shows the timeline. Here we go

Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR): This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application. It is a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned. Applicants may use this to apply for a Bridge of Work (BOW) [/b]permit, if applicable.

Background Check "Not Applicable" (NA1): This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

[b]Medical Passed (MP or MEP)
: Your medical exam statues will change to “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 15-30 days after your AOR (there has been recent stories here of people getting their medical passed sooner, So this is a ballpark figure). For PNP applicants it can take more time generally. So don't be alarmed.

Background Check "In Progress" (IP1): This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office). At this stage they only check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. The documents are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage. NB Additional Document Request = ADR

Background Check "Not Applicable" (NA2):This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer (VO) and same time they will initiate Security Checks. usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This stage is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the documents or work experience, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

Background Check "In Progress" (IP2):Background (BG) status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 2-4 months mark from the eAOR. PPR mail will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front (or be requested if no upfront payment was made). PPR mails these days are taking 7-20 days after you are in IP2 stage. All these things will be done at CPC office.

Background Check "Not Applicable" (NA3): This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible in most cases (except you are refreshing your browser every seconds) and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

Passport Request (PPR) : This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency(a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

I hope all post ITA applicants benefit from this. I have managed to bolden the useful abbreviations

bonnie1:
Hello People, i have read up on IP1 and IP2 and all that but i don't know the difference. I've passed MED but i don't know if i am in IP1. How do i know if i am in IP1 and how do i know when its IP2 and NA etc. @glitteringstar and @newmum pls sister help explain further

19 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:01am On Feb 22, 2018
PM me.
beautyfoch:
@newmum0615 please i need your help regarding something.
Can I have your whatsapp details or email address. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by intercedertee(f): 10:05am On Feb 22, 2018
congrats sir/ma.
hugoe:
Counting my blessings one step at a time, as I go on this journey.
I have been waiting, wondering and hoping that the ongoing strike should be resolved, so that the further verification requested by WES from Uniport can be treated. I have even thought of cancelling the BSc part, as the MSc had been accepted recently. The former has been pending for over 6 months.
Last night, I received a mail from WES, stating "This is to advise you that we have received all required documents. We will now begin to prepare your evaluation report."
I logged in on my WES account, and it's same as the email received.
I called on my twin immediately to know if the strike has been called off, or probably they treated it. He says the strike is still on, and he has not even submitted the bank teller for the extra charges Uniport requested for, so that they can treat the request.
Well, I am amazed and I chose to share this, to encourage everyone. It might not be epic as receiving PPR mail, but it's one step achieved in my plans.
In between, I'm still wondering how it happened. What caused them to change and decide to move on with my evaluation?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 22, 2018
Congratulations on your PPR @dtush and congrats to all ITA recepients!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ArabianRose(f): 10:16am On Feb 22, 2018
Congrats Dtush and Favoredme on your PPR, and all ITA recipients, its ending in praise already!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 22, 2018
dtush:

Wow! Congrats sis!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 22, 2018
bonnie1:
Hello People, i have read up on IP1 and IP2 and all that but i don't know the difference. I've passed MED but i don't know if i am in IP1. How do i know if i am in IP1 and how do i know when its IP2 and NA etc.

IP1.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 22, 2018
@ITAbabe, @Dannio, @Tbaby2015 and @Toyogirl, may your golden mail fall on you soon. Amen! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Gu2015: 10:30am On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks for this. I am in IP2 because mine says we are processing your background check,it’s only surprising because I didn’t get to see IP1 and NA.
Newmum0615:

The write-up below was posted by someone a while ago. I can't remember who or even find the link now.

APPLICATION STAGES
I have actually been intending to make a post regarding this but never had the time. For all post ITA folks that have been wondering what the heck the acronyms mean. The below post sheds more light on the is and shows the timeline. Here we go

Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR): This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application. It is a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned. Applicants may use this to apply for a Bridge of Work (BOW) [/b]permit, if applicable.

Background Check "Not Applicable" (NA1): This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

: Your medical exam statues will change to “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 15-30 days after your AOR (there has been recent stories here of people getting their medical passed sooner, So this is a ballpark figure). For PNP applicants it can take more time generally. So don't be alarmed.

Background Check "In Progress" (IP1): This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office). At this stage they only check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. The documents are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage. NB Additional Document Request = ADR

Background Check "Not Applicable" (NA2):This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer (VO) and same time they will initiate Security Checks. usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This stage is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the documents or work experience, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

Background Check "In Progress" (IP2):Background (BG) status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 2-4 months mark from the eAOR. PPR mail will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front (or be requested if no upfront payment was made). PPR mails these days are taking 7-20 days after you are in IP2 stage. All these things will be done at CPC office.

Background Check "Not Applicable" (NA3): This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible in most cases (except you are refreshing your browser every seconds) and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

Passport Request (PPR) : This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency(a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

I hope all post ITA applicants benefit from this. I have managed to bolden the useful abbreviations

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bonnie1: 10:34am On Feb 22, 2018
God bless you boo!
Yes, passed medicals yesterday.

so i guess i am in IP1.

Newmum0615:

APPLICATION STAGES

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 22, 2018
Claire40:
received ITA. smiley smiley

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bonnie1: 10:37am On Feb 22, 2018
Thank you smiley

GlitteringStar:

IP1.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 22, 2018
bonnie1:
Hello People, i have read up on IP1 and IP2 and all that but i don't know the difference. I've passed MED but i don't know if i am in IP1. How do i know if i am in IP1 and how do i know when its IP2 and NA etc. @glitteringstar and @newmum pls sister help explain further

GS explained in detail just yesterday. Please read the previous pages.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtush(f): 10:46am On Feb 22, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Wow! Congrats sis!

Asin. I thought this day would never arrive. Thanks sis

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by prideandjoy: 10:47am On Feb 22, 2018
Congrats to all PPR and ITA recipients.

We October AOR, London VO are waiting for our turn. By God's grace it is near.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by prideandjoy: 10:48am On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 10:50am On Feb 22, 2018
intercedertee:
congrats sir/ma.

Am hoping and praying that d same angel that passed through your file will visit mine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by prideandjoy: 10:50am On Feb 22, 2018
Congrats sis. smiley smiley

dtush:

Timeline
Decision to migrate Jan 2017
IELTS April 29th
ECA July
ITA First week in August 2017
Sumitted Aug 22 2017
AOR August 28th (devil tried it, but mercy said no)
Med passed Sept 4th
NA 2 Sept 7th
FTD to the dread LVO Oct 24th
IP2 Second week in January 2018
Almighty ADR (official divorce papers, court order granting me custody, tax card, more proof of employment) Feb 1st 2018
Submitted ADR Feb 20th 2018
PPR Feb 21st 2018

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 10:51am On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=dtush post=65271549]I dont even know where to start to show my appreciation to my creator.

That is how i woke up 4am jejely to read. Just had an itch to check my email. There it was lying since 3:02pm yday, a mail to check my account.

Lo and behold, it was PPR. didnt believe it at first, call a friend who has received PPR to help me confirm.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 22, 2018
Ehiobe:
IP2 since Jan 9th. i thought after few days in IP2 PR mail comes.

Have you ordered your GCMS notes? If not, try to do so. By the way, the stages are just assumptions and not applicable to all applicants.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 22, 2018
Femicrux:
Please, how does one go about getting a police clearance certificate from Nigeria while being overseas? Anyone who knows someone that has been in this situation before?

Read this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 22, 2018
tbaby2015:

Your post gave me hope just now. Same ITA and AOR period. Pray that mine lands today as well.

Yours is next! Amen!!!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 11:15am On Feb 22, 2018
hugoe:
Counting my blessings one step at a time, as I go on this journey.
I have been waiting, wondering and hoping that the ongoing strike should be resolved, so that the further verification requested by WES from Uniport can be treated. I have even thought of cancelling the BSc part, as the MSc had been accepted recently. The former has been pending for over 6 months.
Last night, I received a mail from WES, stating "This is to advise you that we have received all required documents. We will now begin to prepare your evaluation report."
I logged in on my WES account, and it's same as the email received.
I called on my twin immediately to know if the strike has been called off, or probably they treated it. He says the strike is still on, and he has not even submitted the bank teller for the extra charges Uniport requested for, so that they can treat the request.
Well, I am amazed and I chose to share this, to encourage everyone. It might not be epic as receiving PPR mail, but it's one step achieved in my plans.
In between, I'm still wondering how it happened. What caused them to change and decide to move on with my evaluation?

Am hoping and praying that the angel that visited your file would have a look at mine too in uniport.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tippex(f): 11:20am On Feb 22, 2018
Big congrats to FavouredMe and dtush and to all the ITA recipients.

I am impatiently waiting for my ielts results to be out tomorrow. The thought of it alone makes my stomach rumble�

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 11:28am On Feb 22, 2018
Please guys I will like to confirm something. Does it matter the country the Nigerian PCC is addressed to?? e.g my Nigerian pcc states Australia, but I want to use it for Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2018
My dear, you sef check this your kweshun naa. C'mon will you goan do another one with "CANADA" boldly typed in front! angry
sunvick:
Please guys I will like to confirm something. Does it matter the country the Nigerian PCC is addressed to?? e.g my Nigerian pcc states Australia, but I want to use it for Canada.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 11:40am On Feb 22, 2018
sunvick:

I don't think it really matters.... The main thing is the content. But if it wont cost you a lot to have a new one done then please do a new one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:47am On Feb 22, 2018
Don't know sha. A friend's brother's application was rejected cos he used PCC he used for a US immigration application for his EE application. Don't know if that's the only reason though but that's what she told me.
Ethelia:

I don't think it really matters.... The main thing is the content. But if it wont cost you a lot to have a new one done then please do a new one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 11:52am On Feb 22, 2018
My dear circumstances vary amongst us. Some folks started with Australian PR before porting Canadian PR. Someone did the pcc for me, hence my asking if it an issue or not.

Newmum0615:
My dear, you sef check this your kweshun naa. C'mon will you goan do another one with "CANADA" boldly typed in front! angry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 11:53am On Feb 22, 2018
Newmum0615:
Don't know sha. A friend's brother's application was rejected cos he used PCC he used for a US immigration application for his EE application. Don't know if that's the only reason though but that's what she told me.

Oh wow, really? maybe it was expired already or something If thats the reason then the VO must be a very wicked somborri angry

I reason it that if letters and documents addressed to 'Who it may concern' are accepted, then the PCC should also be accepted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.